Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Cowboys @ Eagles

By JACK CASSIDY

STATS Writer
(AP) -- The Philadelphia Eagles find themselves in a tumultuous stretch, complete with crucial wins, convincing defeats and a backup under center.

Entering a pivotal game with the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday night, that turmoil could either grow significantly louder or fall silent.

Philadelphia (9-4) won 33-10 in Dallas on Thanksgiving, setting itself up to claim the tiebreaker over the Cowboys (9-4) and move within one victory of its second consecutive NFC East title.

"I think they're going to do what they do, and we're going to do what we do," coach Chip Kelly said. "Hopefully we can be as successful again, but I know they're going to give us their best shot. I think that will be a really interesting matchup, their O-line versus our D-line."

The defensive front got the best of Dallas' offensive line in the first meeting, as the Eagles sacked Tony Romo four times and held NFL rushing leader DeMarco Murray to a season-low 73 yards.

That pressure allowed Mark Sanchez to win the quarterback duel with Romo. Sanchez, in his fourth start since Nick Foles went down with a collarbone injury Nov. 2, was 20 of 29 for 217 yards with one touchdown and no interceptions.

Sanchez, however, failed to carry the momentum from that victory as Philadelphia fell 24-14 to visiting Seattle last Sunday. The offense sputtered to 139 total yards - the team's lowest mark since Oct. 9, 2005 - with the blame falling on both sides of the ball.

Sanchez notched his lowest passer rating of the season (76.8), while the defense allowed the Seahawks to hold the ball for a franchise-record 41 minutes, 56 seconds.

"We've usually done a better job cleaning the pocket. But I think he missed a couple of throws, too, and he'll be the first to tell you that," Kelly said. "In everything, I think when you play a game like this, it doesn't fall on anybody's one shoulder. It falls on everybody and collectively we have to own it."

The offensive struggles for Philadelphia are unlikely to continue against the Cowboys, who rank 25th in the NFL with 251.9 passing yards allowed per game and - despite a serviceable run defense (113.1 ypg) - surrendered 256 yards on the ground to the Eagles in Week 13.

Instead, Philadelphia can expect an improved Dallas offense, which produced one of its two sub-300-yard performances in the past 19 games in the last meeting.

"We are a running team that makes it difficult because we can throw it at a high rate, and we can be aggressive with it," Romo told the Cowboys' official website. "We have a very good nucleus, and these guys have to put their egos at the door for us to really be successful. And, they all have.

"It's a really special thing because it's not always that way."

Murray, who has 1,606 rushing yards, enters off a season-best 179 in a 41-28 win at Chicago last Thursday. Still, he has never topped 100 yards in four career matchups with Philadelphia.

Dallas believe that the fresh memories of the Thanksgiving loss should play a role in improving this time around.

"The tendencies and things that you learn from all those previous games are already there, so you're just building on top of that," center Travis Frederick said. "It might even give you an advantage, because they can't have changed that much in two weeks. There are going to be adjustments, but the team is the team at this point."

The Cowboys have clinched their first nine-win season since going 11-5 in 2009, the last time they won the NFC East.

Lincoln Financial Field has served as a welcoming host for the Cowboys. They've won two straight and four of five there, and this season own a 6-0 record on the road.

"That game on Thanksgiving means nothing to this game right now," Eagles defensive coordinator Bill Davis said. "Every team that has beat us so far this year, we'd love to have another shot at, because we believe if we play better we can beat anybody.

"And they believe the same thing coming into this game."

Source: Hosted.Stats.com

Talk about a high stakes game in week 15. The winner probably wins the East, and the loser probably misses the playoffs, even if they win out and go 11-5. Crazy.

Dallas gon' get slaughtered twice in the same season.

By Mark Sanchez.

MARK SANCHEZ

MARK SANCHEZ

Mark Sanchez

Mark Sanchez

• Downvote 1

The Cowboys declared DT Josh Brent, QB Dustin Vaughan, S Jakar Hamilton, OT Donald Hawkins, LB Dekota Watson, OT Tony Hills, and DE Ken Boatright inactive for Sunday night against the Eagles.

There are no surprises among the Cowboys' inactives.

Chris Polk is active for Sunday night's Week 15 game against the Cowboys.

Polk will back up LeSean McCoy.
The Eagles inactives are QB Nick Foles, DB Jaylen Watkins, S Jerome Couplin, C Julian Vandervelde, OL Dennis Kelly, WR Jeff Maehl, and DL Taylor Hart.

Wild card hopes for the Eagles are very thin, so I guess we need to win out and hope that Indy beats Dallas next week. The most likely scenario is 11-5 and no playoffs. Bummer, but we smell like one-and-done anyway, even if we get in.

Good game, Cowboys fans. You guys were the better team for sure.

Second week in a row BWare said we would get destroyed and we've won.

Keep picking against your ex, please. :)

• Upvote 2

Second week in a row BWare said we would get destroyed and we've won.

Keep picking against your ex, please. :)

At this point I'm just grateful my bad decisions with "exes" involve teams I used to cheer for.

Ain't one woman I showed the door who I regret tossin'! :D