Sign in to follow this  
NYGIANTSFLYHIGH

Survivor Advice 3.0!!!

Well, once again it took a little bit of luck. That RGIII non Touchdown was a lifesaver. Although I did launch my cell phone against the wall and shatter it before I knew the play was even under review was a little embarrassing in hindsight, it still worked out lol.

Thank you guys again so much, every post I read helps steer me towards the best decision.

Now on to another week of stressing the F out.

Remaining Teams are....

Browns.............@ PANTHERS...........@ RAVENS

Buccaneers......VS Packers.................VS Saints

Cardinals.........@ SEAHAWKS............VS 49ers

Cowboys.........VS Colts.......................@ REDSKINS

Eagles............@ REDSKINS...............@ GIANTS

Falcons..........@ SAINTS.....................VS Panthers

Jaguars..........VS Titans.......................@ TEXANS

Packers.........@ BUCANEERS.............VS Lions

Panthers.......VS Browns......................@ FALCONS

Raiders.........VS Bills............................VS Broncos

Redskins.......VS Eagles.......................VS Cowboys

Texans..........VS Ravens......................VS Jaguars

Titans............@ Jaguars.......................VS Colts

Pick #1 and #2 are pretty much locked in, Packers and Eagles. Both coming off a loss, both still heavily in the hunt for the division crown, both playing bad football teams. My #1 rule in survivor leagues is being broken this week, I HATE taking road division games. But Im just going to have to bite the bullet on this one.

Pick #3 flat out sucks.

Its pretty much come down to:

Panthers VS Browns at Home

Jaguars VS Titans at Home

Yep, that right, Im actually debating rolling the dice on the Jacksonville Jaguars. It scares the crap out of me, but they had a huge comeback win VS the Giants and than played the Texans and Ravens pretty damn tough.

I don't know, tell me Im crazy, tell me its too risky, or tell me you agree? HELP ME OUT FELLAS.

Thank you all in advance AGAIN, very very very much

Any one else not feeling the Eagles this week, or is it just me?

I'd take the Panthers. You could also consider taking the Cowboys this week. Colts aren't that good of a team so I'd take my chances.

Edited by Vin

Vin,

Dallas has not played well at home so far this year. I get that the Colts aren't world beaters but I wouldn't touch this game with a 10 foot pole this week.

I gota say I figured you would be my biggest advocate for taking Jax this week! but thank you for your input dude, much appreciated!

I'd go with the Panthers as well. Good luck man. It's certainly not an easy decision. How many people are left in it now?

Edited by FartWaffles
  • Upvote 1

I'd feel more comfortable taking them next week, honestly. But that's just me. My track record with jags games this season has been pretty awful.

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I think you gotta take Carolina for that last pick.

• Upvote 1

God damn it, I don't know.

Flash Gordon against our defense gives me nightmares, but if Manziel is starting, not even sure Cleveland can get the ball to him.

But I suppose you have to choose and I'd take Carolina at home before I'd take the Jags. I mean, it is the Titans. And yes, they just lost to the Jets. And yes they are the worst team in the league, IMO. But still.... god.

I don't really want to give advice it'd be awful to lose it at this point.

But if you were holding a gun to my head to force me, I'd take the Panthers over the Jags.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Natos....Im trying so hard NOT to over think this. I KNOW the Panthers are the safer pick. But the fact that I also know than 12-15 of the other 15 guys remaining are all going to take them keeps getting to me. If the Browns found a way to win, and I somehow find the BALLS to take the Jags and that pays off it would be unimaginable.

I am now, however, hearing that Bortles might not play. Chad Henne may get the nod. Bortles sprained his foot/ankle late in yesterdays game. He did come back in, but is now questionable considering they play in about 72 hours.

Chad Henne v. Charlie Whitehurst, do you really want to pick either to win? this is going to be about which team screws up least, and I don't like trying to guess that sort of game

I'm with Vin with Dallas on this one, as much as I hate picking Dallas in December they need wins (Philly still has the tiebreaker so they have to stay ahead and could miss the playoffs at 11-5) while the Colts just clinched the AFC South and need either New England or Denver to lose out to improve their seeding so I could see them taking their foot off the gas this week, the Murray injury is the only thing that worries me, the other significant downside is that Dallas could be one of your easiest picks next week

Edited by oochymp

Thanks oochy

Yeah I agree, right now it looks like without Bortles my hand is being forced towards Carolina

I can't take dallas this week for a multitude of reasons

-Demarco Murrays injury is #1. Even if he plays, I have to figure hea going to be limited

-Dallas, put simply, has not played well at home this year, 7-0 on the road and just 3-4 at home

-It's a December game after a BIG win for them

-On paper, taking Dallas in week

17 is an easy pick. It's still December, but I'm more confident with them winning in Washington vs a bad Redskins team as opposed to vs Andrew Luck at home with no/limited Demarco Murray

If Bortles plays, I will definitely revisit it, but right now it looks like Carolina

Carolina Green Bay and Philly. Not bad.

Havent been this nervous on game day since the last Giants Superbowl......We're rolling with the Jaguars tonight.....Here goes nothing! Wish me luck!

Godspeed.

Well gratz dude! Looked iffy there at first.

Scary in the first 27 minutes but I'll take it!!!!

Glad you're still alive. I'll be pulling for the Packers and Iggles for you.

• Upvote 1

Thanks waffles!!!

Major question at hand now though. Do we get ballsy? Tske Panthers this week too and save the Packers for next week at home VS Detroit? Gives us 2 pretty solid picks next week in Dallas and GB

Don't take the Packers for the Detroit game. <_ not a good idea.>

• Upvote 1

You think so Raz? I'd bet the farm on the Packers this week and next. I don't see them losing a game that's going to be fore the division and probably a 1st round by, in Lambeau, in December

Not to mention Detroit already beat GB. I don't see this Packers team getting swept by the Lions this season.

I'd throw Carolina in this week, too. Normally I'd say a team probably wouldn't lay a goose egg two weeks in a row, but Manziel looked nowhere near NFL ready so as long as he's leading the team I think that may be a good choice.

• Upvote 1

I just wouldn't count the Lions out of any game. Ultimately up to you, I'm just saying it may not be as simple as Green Bay wins at Lambeau. Streaks are made to be broken and so forth.

• Upvote 1

I think now is the time to be as safe as possible, this may all be over Monday night and it wouldn't matter that you'd saved the Packers for next week

• Upvote 2