Wattafan

Whine Thread

Don't know if you have a thread where complaints can be aired, so took the liberty of starting one.

I have one (duh).

In yesterday's game vs Colts, Texans lost two QB's with nary a yellow hanky being thrown.

Fitzpatrick was tripped and suffered a broken leg, and Tom Savage was hit in the thigh/knee region which looks to have damaged a ligament - the damage has not been fully disclosed yet.

In the same game, Texans DE Jared Crick, tackled Andrew Luck and came into contact with his shoulder/neck area and was penalized for "necking".

This is a contact sport, not some moonlit lakeside watching submarine races.

I know Fitz and Savage are not Andrew Luck and Aaron Rogers, but these damn refs need to be consistent.

Arizona have also had a rough year for QB's - but how many times does a team lose two in one game?

Mumble mumble...

We aren't gonna get home field advantage unless the Bills win in Foxboro (Never happens) or the Jets go on a winning streak (pfftt). Woe is us.

The review process is so fucked with this "conclusive evidence" bullshit that officials have to look at things happen on replay and see that they can obviously overrule the call but choose not to because of one little bit of missing visual evidence. There are times that they get this right, but most of the time they feel that one little arbitrary thing takes away their ability to overturn a call. It's really really fucking annoying. Darius Slay's interception yesterday really sealed the deal for me. It should have been overturned.

I understand the concept of these rules but they prevent officials from making the right call when video clearly shows they made the wrong one. It's time to do away with this system altogether and let officials make calls at their own discretion. If they regurlarly fuck up, take away their white hat. It's that simple. We don't need all these stupid rules. They're taking away the purpose of replay, which is to get shit right, and the right call is often overlooked due to one little visual hindrance. Obvious is obvious. Let these officials make the right call.

Edited by BwareDWare94

NFL is too pussified it makes me sad and no just not because of the Russell Wilson bullshit late hit.

• Upvote 1

The review process is so fucked with this "conclusive evidence" bullshit that officials have to look at things happen on replay and see that they can obviously overrule the call but choose not to because of one little bit of missing visual evidence. There are times that they get this right, but most of the time they feel that one little arbitrary thing takes away their ability to overturn a call. It's really really fucking annoying. Darius Slay's interception yesterday really sealed the deal for me. It should have been overturned.

I understand the concept of these rules but they prevent officials from making the right call when video clearly shows they made the wrong one. It's time to do away with this system altogether and let officials make calls at their own discretion. If they regurlarly fuck up, take away their white hat. It's that simple. We don't need all these stupid rules. They're taking away the purpose of replay, which is to get shit right, and the right call is often overlooked due to one little visual hindrance. Obvious is obvious. Let these officials make the right call.

I don't really trust you with regards to refs, so I'm gonna need some video of said interception.

I don't really trust you with regards to refs, so I'm gonna need some video of said interception.

Which is too bad, because I can't find it. It might be in the highlights on the NFL.com website. Dunno.

It was one of those ball hits the ground and moves INTs but he supposedly "somehow had control of it" when video clearly showed him losing control of the ball.

It's not so much about the Slay interception as it is about every play similar to that where it's clear that the play didn't happen as called.

Same goes for clear fumbles and that stupid "clear recovery" rule. The only thing you should need is the team that came out of the pile with the ball. It shouldn't matter if it's on tape or not if tape shows that the ball was fumbled.

Mike McCarthy let Aaron Rodgers throw 42 passes while getting destroyed in Buffalo the other day, while Eddie Lacy had 100 yards on 15 carries. After the game, McCarthy blamed the offensive failures on a lack of balance.

Whose fault is that exactly? Who calls the plays? What were you thinking?

mike-mccarthy-2.jpg

When he's masterful 85% of the time, I wouldn't worry about it. The guy is coaching in the season when he'll win his second Super Bowl. Be thankful!

Granted, I think Minnesota has the best overall coaching staff in the division :D

We aren't gonna get home field advantage unless the Bills win in Foxboro (Never happens) or the Jets go on a winning streak (pfftt). Woe is us.

That's alright. Peyton gonna lead you to the 'ship.

Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson get calls while RGIII and Geno Smith get blatant no-calls. Why is the NFL favoring white quarterbacks? #BlackQBsMatter

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that referring to Russell Wilson as a white QB was part of the joke on that, but I wanted to post anyway while we're complaining about the enforcement of hits on QBs to remind everyone of the blatant late hit Locker took against the Browns

the enforcement has clearly established that when the NFL says they care about QB safety they really mean they care about star QB safety

When he's masterful 85% of the time, I wouldn't worry about it. The guy is coaching in the season when he'll win his second Super Bowl. Be thankful!

Granted, I think Minnesota has the best overall coaching staff in the division :D

'Masterful'... lol. I think he is a good coach, but I dunno about masterful. Aaron makes it a lot easier on him. Remember, he was the 49ers OC when they took Alex Smith and passed on Aaron. And I contend that the Packers have some of the best defensive position coaches in the league, which is part of the reason why I wouldn't want to fire Capers. I really look those guys, I just wish they could stay intact.

And I just like ranting. :)

Why can the Bucs never find an elite level QB. Im tired of dealing with the Mccowns, Simms, Freemans of the world. :sigh:

• Upvote 2

Why can the Bucs never find an elite level QB. Im tired of dealing with the Mccowns, Simms, Freemans of the world. :sigh:

Glennon has potential. But your fucktard coach feels against the idea of playing him. :yao:

• Upvote 1

Elite level QB? I'd settle for a decent QB anymore. The only QB post Brad Johnson I thought was any good was Jeff Garcia. Guy didn't throw for a ton of yards or TDs, but he was tough as nails and he just got things done without many weapons. He's probably the only Buc QB to have a winning record as a starter too.

Also, I don't buy Glennon's potential much either. He's a statue in the pocket, struggles to hit receivers in stride and just isn't that good under pressure IMO. He is good at avoiding turnovers no doubt though. He's also obviously better than McCown, but Lovie is too hard headed to just admit he was wrong and put the right guy out there. Not that it matters though, the Bucs need a new QB for 2015.

• Upvote 1

Elite level QB? I'd settle for a decent QB anymore. The only QB post Brad Johnson I thought was any good was Jeff Garcia. Guy didn't throw for a ton of yards or TDs, but he was tough as nails and he just got things done without many weapons. He's probably the only Buc QB to have a winning record as a starter too.

Also, I don't buy Glennon's potential much either. He's a statue in the pocket, struggles to hit receivers in stride and just isn't that good under pressure IMO. He is good at avoiding turnovers no doubt though. He's also obviously better than McCown, but Lovie is too hard headed to just admit he was wrong and put the right guy out there. Not that it matters though, the Bucs need a new QB for 2015.

Would love to have 32-year-old Jeff Garcia again.

Fuck the Saints.

Dirtiest team in the NFL...and right behind them is the Lions. Continuously aiming at the knees and targeting players where their injuries are listed.

Fuck em both

• Upvote 1

So glad to see the Saints gone. They are fucking awful at targeting players injuries. Fuck 'em.

• Upvote 2

Bengals ending season with two consecutive night games. See you guys week 1 :)

- I have no marketable skills

- My life savings is like two dollars

- My fat ass can't stop eating fast food long enough to lose any more weight

- I have a huge crush on a girl who's way out of my league

...oh wait this is for NFL whining only.