DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Defensive and Offensive ROTY...

Has both races been as close as they are this year? It's pretty ridiculous.

On offense it's looking like Beckham is gonna win it, but other rookies have impressed like Martin, and Evans. And then the whole slew of receivers, and even Carr and Bridgewater have been impressive.

Defensively though... Donald, Mack, Hightower have all made a strong case for defensive rookie of the year. It's honestly a tie for me between Mack and Donald.

Pretty ridiculous some of the talent to of come outa this year's draft this early on.

Beckham will get it even though Martin's going to be dominant over 16 full games.

Barr was the leading defensive candidate after his fumble return against Tampa, but then he hit the so called "rookie wall" for a couple of games, then he got injured and has been out the last 3. I want to see Mack get it.

Beckham gets ORoY. Donald or Mack should get DRoY, though I feel like Fuller will get it for some bullshit reason.

Can we talk about the injustice of Beckham getting ORotY? How does he deserve it more than Zack Martin?

• Downvote 8

My picks would be Martin and Donald.

I think they'll give it to Beckham and Mosley.

Can we talk about the injustice of Beckham getting ORotY? How does he deserve it more than Zack Martin?

One of the greatest statistical years of a rookie WR ever, and he missed multiple games.

There's talk of Martin already being the best guard in the league. You can't overlook that.

Offensive linemen don't win awards... ever. It's not always right, but that's the way it is.

OBJ deserves it anyway.

I saw OBJ tear apart some of the league's top corners in Sherman, Davis, Trufant, and literally put on a one man show against Dal and WSH.

Truly the lone bright spot on the NYG offense, and for ANY WR to come in this league and do what he did is incredible to say the least. I doubted the kid ever since his LSU days because he had a big head, but he's calmed down and grown up considerably since taking on a prominent role in the NFL.

Easily OROTY.

And besides, when you're plugged into a line like Dallas' which is decent to begin with..you're gonna succeed. Bware pls.

• Upvote 2

I said in the other thread when everyone was taking their favorite WR to win the award (myself included) that it would take a historical rookie campaign for a WR to actually win the award... OBJ has done that, so I don't know that I can pick against him.

I think I have to give the defensive award to Khalil Mack. I wasn't sure he would live up to the huge billing, especially his first year in the league.. But he has done that and then more...

There's talk of Martin already being the best guard in the league. You can't overlook that.

Marshall Yanda.

• Upvote 1

As far as DROTY..I think it's a two horse race between Mack and Donald.

Either way you could make a valid case, but looking at the situation Donald has been put in with a pretty nasty Rams from (though they underproduced which is besides the point) the thought of anyone making the Raiders defense formidable before this year was laughable.

Mack can literally do it all. Rush the passer. Stop the run. QB the defense..but he is a CONSISTENT Edge Presence and is only going to get better in time.

Offensive and Defensive Rookie are tough for me because there have been a lot of standouts this year. In the beginning I thought a WR might take it, but after watching Jeremy Hill absolutely kill it the past few weeks I can't think of a better guy to give it to. Offensive linemen don't win awards, so Zack Martin gets a honorable mention from me for his stellar play. Joel Bitonio is another guy who has been playing really well, but the Browns OLine lost too much when Mack got injured so he won't even get the credit Martin does.

On the defensive end of the ball, there are three serious candidates. CJ Mosely, Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald. Mosely has been an impressive force against the run and is racking up tackles like no one's business but he should be the underdog to win this award, because the other two are just so disruptive. Mack seems to be everywhere on the Raiders defense and he's only been getting better as time goes on. Aaron Donald looks like the best pass rusher in this draft, and he's doing John Randle proud with his level of play right now. I'd give it to Mack in a close one, but that's probably because I've seen a lot more of him, and I was vouching for him well before the season started.

Homer Alert

Khalil Mack :yao: Aaron Donald :yao:

62 tackles, 1 sack, 11 pass def, 2 INT, 2 FF, @ the hardest position to play in the game, especially for a rookie.

Bradley Roby, the corner no one wanted any part of 'cus he was a surefire bust. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000425408/Bradley-Roby-picks-off-Derek-Carr

Just adding to the convo :whistle:

Edited by theMileHighGuy

He got All-Pro. That's probably an even better award, and probably all he'll get this year.