SteVo

College Football Playoff Thread

We're under a week away from the semifinals games, so let's get some predictions! With only three games, someone's bound to have a perfect "bracket."

Alabama vs. Ohio State

Oregon vs. FSU

Alabama vs. FSU

:coffee:

Give me Oregon all the way :smug: Honestly unsure about it but Mariota is that big of an x-factor.

Hoping for Oregon.

Otherwise, throw up them horns! :rock: Go Bison! :yao:

405285_10150581514685281_574810280_11527

I think SteVo was hoping y'all to do a mini-Pick'Em not just say who you think will win it all or want to win :lol:

Anywho here's my picks:

Alabama vs. Ohio State

Oregon vs. FSU

Ohio State vs. FSU

:cigar:

Ohio State is probably Bama's most favorable match-up in the playoff. Even then, Ohio State has the players to expose their defense. That being said, so did Wisconsin with OSU and we shut them down. If Bama's secondary comes to play, they will likely win. However, until it shows it can stop legitimate deep threats, Bama can easily lose the Sugar Bowl.

That's with a 3rd string QB. I think Bama was FSU's best match-up for getting back to the national championship, so if it's FSU vs. Bama I will take FSU. Either FSU or Oregon have the offense to expose Bama's defense any day of the week. If Cardale had more experience under his belt, or if it was JT, then I would say that OSU could pull off the win. But this is Cardale's second start and even though it's against a not-as-good secondary, Bama should still have the run/rush defense to throw our offense off its normal groove. The same can't be said about the other two teams.

All three of these teams have demonstrated they can completely shred top defenses, so Bama can't really rely on that. If Bama's offense shows up and absolutely dominates, they stand a good chance at winning. But outside of Cooper, I don't think Bama has the capacity to dominate the game offensively.

EDIT:

I know we're supposed to have a pick'em, but I don't want to curse OSU by picking for or against them. It's just a superstition I have about picking the winner of a game I'm heavily involved in (which means I won't pick the winner of Mizzou vs. Minnesota either).

Edited by OSUViking
  • Upvote 1

I really think that tOSU has a good shot at beating Bama. I also think that if we make it past Oregon we're going to win the NC. But I'm not gonna go homer, I'm going to expect us to lose Oregon.

Alabama vs. Ohio State

Oregon vs. FSU

Oregon vs. tOSU

• Upvote 2

FSU trolls their way again to victory against Oregon and then against Bama. Bware sheds lots of butthurt tears.

And I'm all in...

10e640c1-40b4-4b7e-b3a4-cb88fe91bd24_zps

Just cashed out $800 a few days ago, so whatevs.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You are the biggest jinx in the entirety of the world, Phil.

THE ENTIRETY OF THE WORLD!

• Upvote 1

Would love to see the Ducks murder the Tide. Quack attack, flying V.

Lmao well I'm hoping OSU can win but at least they took out Bama! :towel:

Roll Damn Tears.

In all seriousness, not trying to rub it in. No one was giving us a chance, and we did it. So proud of the Bucks. We played great. It was honestly an amazing game, and I'm glad at least one of the playoff games was a classic (I definitely think this will go down as one).

Just love how we won. If you ask me, our play kept Bama in the game. Really want us to win the natty, but Oregon is playing so well that I don't know how that will go. Still, this is a really fucking young team. We're playing with our 3rd string QB and we made the national championship my freshmen year (again, with a fucking young team). So damn proud.

GO BUCKS!

Edited by OSUViking
  • Upvote 1

Another note: the SEC West's "elite" teams went 0-4 in bowls. Ole Miss and Mississippi State were dominated by their opponents, while Auburn lost 34-31 to a team coming off a 59-0 loss to OSU. Alabama lost to OSU in the playoff.

Relevance of this? I don't give a damn about the latter two teams (outside of it reinforcing my opinion that they were always overrated), but the other two teams lost to B1G teams.

Plus MSU beat a team that supposedly could have made it into the playoff over us.

Great day for the B1G. I really don't care for that, outside of it looking great for OSU. If Minnesota had won, that'd be great for me personally (outstanding, actually) and for OSU. I really just care about the fact that OSU is going to the national championship.

• Upvote 2

Score one for this playoff system, and for the committee.

• Upvote 1

I was hoping for Oregon/Ohio State. Didn't feel much confidence that it would actually happen. Nothing against Alabama or Florida State. I just wanted to see a fresh face win the national championship.

That pass play inside of 2min. was a fucking atrocious call by Urban. That gave Alabama a realistic shot at tying. Had they not been so terrible at clock management, they might have been successful in doing so.

My mom did her best to calm me down when they threw that. She wasn't successful. I continued screaming about that play for the rest of the game. May have convinced my mom that I have anger problems when it comes to football.

And to think, TCU got overlooked for fuckng FSU... :yao:

Man, fuck records. Just pick the best 4 teams. FSU was not one of them.

Congrats to OSU for proving me and many others wrong. There is no question, now. Urban Meyer is by and far the best college football coach in the country. Well done, sir. 3rd string QB and all. Granted, Alabama and their 50+ ranked FBS pass defense needed a wakeup call.

One way or another, the four best FBS teams were not in this playoff. Fucking eh.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Downvote 3

Congrats to OSU for proving me and many others wrong. There is no question, now. Urban Meyer is by and far the best college football coach in the country. Well done, sir. 3rd string QB and all. Granted, Alabama and their 50+ ranked FBS defense needed a wakeup call.

One way or another, the four best FBS teams were not in this playoff. Fucking eh.

Dumb knee jerk reaction.

lol.

• Upvote 1

Oregon just dominated FSU last night, their usual fast tempo offence just gassed the shit of of FSUs defence and the D managed to contain Winston well.

Holy shit though was not expecting Bama to shit the bed though. I would fully now expect Oregon to win the NC.

The evil empires of the college football landscape have crumbled. All must rejoice! Hoorah! Hoorah!

• Upvote 2

That game last night was so amazing, well done OSU. Oregon is a interesting matchup for them.

Congrats to OSU for proving me and many others wrong. There is no question, now. Urban Meyer is by and far the best college football coach in the country. Well done, sir. 3rd string QB and all. Granted, Alabama and their 50+ ranked FBS pass defense needed a wakeup call.

If FSU were in the exact same situation and didn't have Jameis/Jimbo, would you still care about this as much? I don't think you would.