SteVo

College Football Playoff Thread

OSU is in the title game and MSU and Wisky won their New Year's Day games....

BUT THAT WON'T HAPPEN!!! THE BIG TEN IS SOOOOOOOOO BAD. WE SHOULD ERASE ALL THE BIG TEN TEAMS' WINS CAUSE THEIR CONFERENCE IS GOING NOWHERE!!!

Edited by Spartan Havoc

OSU is in the title game and MSU and Wisky won their New Year's Day games....

BUT THAT WON'T HAPPEN!!! THE BIG TEN IS SOOOOOOOOO BAD. WE SHOULD ERASE ALL THE BIG TEN TEAMS' WINS CAUSE THEIR CONFERENCE IS GOING NOWHERE!!!

Yea you were still wrong on Oregon, firstly for making that stupid suggestion that MSU would beat them and secondly for disagreeing that they wouldn't the make NC game

there is no way in hell an undefeated power five team will ever be left out of the playoffs (unless there are five undefeated power five teams, but I think it's safe to assume that won't happen) and here's why, as bad as this looks consider this alternative story line: had FSU been left out of the playoffs they would have gone to the Orange Bowl, as the ACC Champion, where they would have played Mississippi State, given that FSU beat Georgia Tech and Georgia Tech beat Mississippi State in the actual Orange Bowl and that Mississippi State hasn't been that good of late, it's reasonable to think that FSU could have beaten Mississippi State, then you'd have an undefeated ACC Champion who'd won a bowl game against one of the top SEC teams and didn't get a shot at the National Title, does that not look worse?

bottom line is you have to give an undefeated power five team a shot at the title or nobody will support the system, and really we just need more teams, but we all know that

QFT.

I don't know how OSU matches up against Oregon. Their defense has been playing great lately, but if OSU keeps the mistakes down (i.e., no turnovers, avoiding situations that could lead to safeties, passing it with 1:30 left and the other team has two timeouts, etc.) I think it will be a good game. Not expecting to win and you won't see very many posts talking about Oregon matching up with OSU, but I really just hope it's a classic game. OSU and Alabama already delivered a classic game that will probably be remembered for a while. I hope that's the case with the national championship.

If it's a blowout, then so be it. OSU made it far. Extremely proud of the team. Etc etc.

Dumb knee jerk reaction.

lol.

Not trying to say he is the best because I am partial but...

The man just put together a season in which we were written off after losing our star QB, losing to VT, and then after rebuilding our image were almost written off again after losing a 2nd star QB. We annihilated a good Wisconsin team with a great defense with our 3rd string QB, and then dominated the touted Alabama defense for essentially the entire game outside of the early 4th quarter.

While I'm again not going to make my judgement, it's pretty easy to make a case for Meyer being considered the best. Especially considering how young this team is.

Off of one season? That's pretty damn quick lol.

Considering Meyer's history of successful seasons, it's not just off one season. Again, I'm not going to cast my own judgement, but Meyer has his own case for best CFB coach.

I really am looking forward to this, I want revenge for the Rose Bowl defeat of 2010.

It is going to be interesting to watch as well as imo the Buckeyes offence is loosely based of Oregon's. So I want to see how the Oregon defence handles that.

I also want to see if Mariota just handles tthis as another game and bosses it or if he crumbles. This is only the second big game of his career of this magnitude so I want to see him step up and lead.

Suck it haters. Bangy shook.

So if the team that sneaks in as the #4 seed with their third string quarterback winning it all isn't a good enough argument for a larger playoff bracket, then I don't know what is...

Not to mention same team beating THREE Heisman finalists. What a run.

• Upvote 1

Well you can add Ohio St next to Auburn in teams I fucking despise.

Congratulations Buckeye fans note that I hate you too. 0-2 in the national championship game isn't that bad right?

Still seeing people (mostly on other discussion forums) saying TCU was "clearly" the best. They say the fact that Oregon couldn't capitalize off of four takeaways and the fact that OSU surrendered four turnovers show that they clearly weren't the best teams.

Well... I don't have to debate people anymore! OSU proved themselves and won a fucking championship. I just can't believe winning a championship and dominating a team that won its own playoff game 59-20 isn't enough for people. :laugh:

• Upvote 1

So much for the offensive juggernaut Oregon. :yao:

Ohio State straight up dominated at the point of attack on both sides of the ball. Ezekiel Elliott will get a lot of the credit, but the holes he was running through were absolutely ridiculous. If not for the turnovers, this would have been a blowout. Congratulations, Buckeyes fans.

Also, could the inaugural season of the College Football Playoff have been any more successful? The controversial #4 team beats the consensus #1 and #2 to win it all. Hopefully this is a step towards eight teams as FartWaffles hinted, but for now, I think it's confirmation that this is a humongous upgrade to the BCS.

• Upvote 2

Urban knows how to build a team and it starts in the trenches. I gave the D a lot of shit this season but the responded today. They dominated Oregon in the redzone and consistently got pressure on Mariota.

The defense has given up its fair share of yards, but has largely been pretty game changing.

I still think it should've been Florida State vs Alabama like it would've been

Why? Both teams were outplayed in the playoffs. Before, you could make that argument. After seeing both of them lose, I don't know how that would have been the preferable outcome. It would have gifted either program a title that we know in hindsight they didn't deserve.

Unless... You're being sarcastic?

Haha yes. Very much sarcastic