Don't care for press conferences after games. But I just happened to of stumbled upon Suh while he was up there. Felt weird seeing him cry. My jaw dropped.

Seattle isn't more dangerous to Green Bay? Considering it would have to be played in Seattle? Lol.

Seattle's offense is the worst #1 seed offense I've seen in ages. They're only dangerous if the opposing team can't score any points at all, and Seattle closed out the season on their impressive "run" going against the Cardinals, twice, the Eagles with fucking Mark Sanchez at quarterback, the 49ers, and the Rams.

They will have not seen an offense even close to Dallas or Green Bay's in over 8 weeks.

That is if they even get past your Panthers, who've already beaten them once this season.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1

Bware, if that pass interference call/non-call happened against Dallas, how mad would you be?

Bware, if that pass interference call/non-call happened against Dallas, how mad would you be?

I did not see it. I was so frustrated and pissed off that I shut it off.

What happened? I trust that it was a bad non-call.

tumblr_mtkn7lYY0k1qbbt7lo1_250.gif

is funny because I shut the game off to watch Dexter.

I did not see it. I was so frustrated and pissed off that I shut it off.

What happened? I trust that it was a bad non-call.

Let's just say it was called and then not enforced for ...some...reason.

No-one on the panel could offer an explanation either.

Lions fans must be livid.

I would be, too.

On that note, watching highlights--the fucker who hit Romo low on the GW TD pass better get fucking fined. That was dangerous.

Was it definitely DPI, too? Or just not enforced?

It wasn't definitely DPI, but it was pretty close, I'd say. The frustrating thing about it was they threw the flag, announced the penalty, then changed their minds. If they would have huddled up, then announced no flag on the play, it wouldn't have been as egregious.

However, I don't think we should remember this game as "The Lions lost because the refs screwed them." No, the Lions had plenty of chances. Lots of stupid penalties, lots of opportunities to stop Dallas on third down in the game-winning drive, and Stafford got the ball back with 2:30 to go and 2 timeouts. That's more than enough, if you're worthy of a win.

Oh, and Dez Bryant ran onto the field after that play without his helmet, which should have been unsportsmanlike conduct.

I'm sticking to my "Lions sucked and deserved to lose" narrative, but that play was a pretty big officiating fail. :yao:

Guest Phailadelphia

Suh crying at the podium is kinda laughable for such a dirty ass player.

• Upvote 1

For the record:

dalpi.0.gif

dezappears.0.gif

That isn't interference. Picking up that flag is the right call. Announcing it and everything was certainly wrong, but deciding that was a horrible call and changing it was the right thing to do, without question.

Should have flagged Dez, though.

Its a pass interference. And a defender in today's nfl would get flagged 100/100 times for PI on that play. C'mon son. I don't care for this and I think its laughable people are trying to say it wasn't. And that doesn't even begin to touch on the fact that Dez ran onto 1/3 of the field with no helmet right after the penalty was called, which was also ignored.

10917038_922909864393574_472611576605595

One penalty doesn't negate the other, especially when no flag is thrown for it. And even if they did throw a flag for facemask on Pettigrew, it doesn't change the fact that a flag should and was thrown for the PI, therefore, the plays would offset, at the least.

Its a pass interference. And a defender in today's nfl would get flagged 100/100 times for PI on that play. C'mon son. I don't care for this and I think its laughable people are trying to say it wasn't. And that doesn't even begin to touch on the fact that Dez ran onto 1/3 of the field with no helmet right after the penalty was called, which was also ignored.

In no way was that pass interference, even by today's standards. A little bit of hand fighting? No. They have NOT been calling that this year, at all. Maybe in the preseason, but rarely have they been making that call this year. That was a terrible flag and as Vin pointed out, should have been offsetting penalties, anyway.

• Downvote 4

That isn't interference. Picking up that flag is the right call. Announcing it and everything was certainly wrong, but deciding that was a horrible call and changing it was the right thing to do, without question.

Should have flagged Dez, though.

L.M.A.O. Only a Dallas fan.

There is no way in hell that is not DPI. If that isnt DPI, nothing is.

Now he did grab his facemask, not sure if the ref could even see that, so at the absolute best for the Cowboys it should have been offsetting. But no question at all that is DPI.

And yes, Dez should have gotten 15 yards which would have made the conversation moot.

The .gif I posted isn't the best angle. Hitchens definitely pushes Pettigrew on the shoulders, with his back turned, not playing the ball. The contact may be minor, but in today's NFL, it's defensive pass interference.

And if people want to analyse what happened before the PI to try and say it should of been a facemask its also important to remember that the same defender, before he and Pettigrew started engaging each other blatantly pulled and held Pettigrew's jersey after Pettigrew released off the line of scrimmage.

There is no defending this awful sequence.

I actually think the Lions should have gone for it on 4th and 1 after that non-call. I know it's easy to second guess because the punter shanked it and the Lions ultimately lost, but if you can't get one yard...

• Upvote 1

I actually think the Lions should have gone for it on 4th and 1 after that non-call. I know it's easy to second guess because the punter shanked it and the Lions ultimately lost, but if you can't get one yard...

You really think so? From, what, the 47? Leading by 3? Why give the Cowboys a short field to tie the game? The Lions D is great, I really think punting was okay there.

Face guarding, even if it might not be an official penalty, is almost universally called as DPI. The whole concept of "refs look to see if the player looked for the ball when they made contact" kind of makes it a de facto penalty. Like Stevo said, the Lions had plenty of chances to win. But based on literally every face guarding penalty I've ever seen, that's DPI.

EDIT: I think that is DPI even with higher standards for DPI. The defender was clearly playing the receiver and not the ball, which generally indicates DPI if he makes contact. He definitely made contact considering Pettigrew was pushed back a few yards by the contact, and he was not playing the ball in any way. Then the unsportsmanlike conduct. Jesus. Refs didn't lose that game for Detroit, but they REALLY fucked that play up. Holy shit.

Edited by OSUViking

You really think so? From, what, the 47? Leading by 3? Why give the Cowboys a short field to tie the game? The Lions D is great, I really think punting was okay there.

Hindsight bias is probably factoring in here, but I really think so. Every competent offense should be able to get that one yard, in which case the Lions had a chance to either put the game away or take a 6-point lead with little time remaining.

Now, thinking of clock management on a higher level (which most NFL coaches are uncapable of), if the Lions go for it and miss, the Cowboys do get the short field, meaning if they score, they score quickly. So Detroit would then get the ball back with more time left.