No one is questioning A or B. Are you just being intentionally dense now? It's C that is the issue.

And I'm not 100% sure, but I am 90% sure that the people back at HQ tell them what to call. Now they may decide not to if they so desire, but I'm betting that'd be a downgrade. You don't disagree with your boss on a call like that.

No one is questioning A or B. Are you just being intentionally dense now? It's C that is the issue.

And I'm not 100% sure, but I am 90% sure that the people back at HQ tell them what to call. Now they may decide not to if they so desire, but I'm betting that'd be a downgrade. You don't disagree with your boss on a call like that.

I read ( C ) as part of (b) because ( C ) turned in to the Copyright symbol. My bad.

Why doesn't Dallas open up a bigger lead in the first half when Aaron Rodgers looked lost and Eddie Lacy was sidelined with an asthma attack? DeMarco Murray fumbling when he had a daylight saving 50 yard TD in the bag certainly could have reversed the course of the game.

Not containing Davante Adams seems like a huge mistake as well. Not only did he explode, but he embarrassed those that he lined up against. It's 3rd and 15 with the Packers down 8 points in the 3rd quarter... Adams catches the ball, misses a tackle, jukes another defender and runs 30 more yards for the TD. Get a stop there and who knows what happens. Guys who scored TDs verse Dallas.... Davante Adams, Andrew Quarless, and Richard Rodgers. Eddie Lacy, Lordy Nelson, and Randall Cobb were all shutout of the endzone...

Sarge and I have brought it up before but Aaron Rodgers was PERFECT from the end of the 3rd quarter through the 4th. A passer rating of 158.3 while going 10/10, 146 yards, and a pair of scores. Where is the Dallas defense? What are they doing? The Packers moved to a RB-less personnel grouping (0 backs, 1 TE, 4 WR) and the Cowboys shat themselves. They had no idea what to do or how to respond. If the non-catch is upheld... Is Dallas really gonna win that game? Really?

Attyla brought it up a little as well. Dallas had plenty of time after the reversal and turnover to get the ball back and then go in for a GW score. They didn't do that. They looked helpless... They had a chance up until that final 1st down by Randall Cobb. The ball gets tipped at the line of scrimmage, it was up for grabs.. And the player closest to it was a Cowboys defender. Too bad his back is turned, oblivious to what is going on. Not only does he fail to come up with what would have been Aarons first INT in Lambeau in like 3 years and what could have been Dallas advancing, but it also led to a Cobb catch and the game ending.

It's a little more in depth, but this is exactly what I said when i defended Dallas' victory against Detroit, with an even more egregious no call. The Cowboys, with or without that call, had a chance to win this game. They had opportunity before the call to score points or limit GB momentum and didn't. Dallas had opportunity after the call to make some plays and win the game. They did not.

Dallas was not 'cheated' out of a victory. The call or non-call did not directly lead to a loss... The Cowboys, not the refs, lost that game.

With that said, it was a good one. It was exciting and entertaining until the end. I was emotionally drained after that game... The Cowboys are a fine team (unfortunately), and they will have opportunities to be in this position again, I don't doubt it. Good game, and we will see you next year.

taxi-drive-clap.gif

The ball clearly touched the ground after Dez secured it and he did not continue to maintain control as the ball popped out as he rolled over, thus, no catch and the "football move" language has nothing to do with it

Did the ball clearly touch the ground? Or did the ball clearly move?

dez-catch-or-not.jpg

usp_nfl__divisional_round-dallas_cowboys

And if it did touch the ground, at what point did it start to move?

Edited by BenGone

F4E pretty much nailed it. If a call was made by the refs and it's a one possession game and the victim gets the ball back, they still have an opportunity to win the game and control their destiny. The only situation where the refs can reasonably lose someone a game is when a call is made and it ends their drive with a game ending implication not being able to get the ball back. But the Cowboys got the ball back and all they had to do was score to take the lead and win the game. Unfortunately (but fortunately :D) they didn't but they had a chance to make that call inconsequential but couldn't capitalize on the opportunity.

Edited by Dutch

Did the ball clearly touch the ground? Or did the ball clearly move?

And if it did touch the ground, at what point did it start to move?

well, the pics you posted show it slipping out (it looks like he has less of a grip on it in the second pic) and you conveniently left out the pic that would show when the ball hit the ground, but I got you covered, here are two pics in the seconds before the ones you posted which show the ball hitting the ground, and I moved your two pics to the end so all four are in chronological order:

2015-01-11t212430z_856254140_nocid_rtrma

notice that the ball is the closest thing to the ground as Dez is about to hit the ground

Dez-Bryant-catch-overturned.jpg

and here you can see the ball touching the grounddez-catch-or-not.jpg

and it starts slipping outusp_nfl__divisional_round-dallas_cowboys

and slips further

• Upvote 1

F4E pretty much nailed it. If a call was made by the refs and it's a one possession game and the victim gets the ball back, they still have an opportunity to win the game and control their destiny. The only situation where the refs can reasonably lose someone a game is when a call is made and it ends their drive with a game ending implication not being able to get the ball back. But the Cowboys got the ball back and all they had to do was score to take the lead and win the game. Unfortunately (but fortunately :D) they didn't but they had a chance to make that call inconsequential but couldn't capitalize on the opportunity.

I don't recall the Cowboys getting the ball back. Green Bay kneed out the game.

well, the pics you posted show it slipping out (it looks like he has less of a grip on it in the second pic) and you conveniently left out the pic that would show when the ball hit the ground, but I got you covered, here are two pics in the seconds before the ones you posted which show the ball hitting the ground, and I moved your two pics to the end so all four are in chronological order:

notice that the ball is the closest thing to the ground as Dez is about to hit the ground

and here you can see the ball touching the ground

and it starts slipping out

and slips further

So yes, it does touch the ground. Yes, it does move. But we can't exactly tell when each happens, and it is important when those events occur because the ball can touch the ground as long as it's still in the receiver's possession and not constitute an incomplete pass (see the review on the GB catch that was not overturned).

So my next question is, is it irrefutable evidence to overturn the call on the field, also taking into consideration the supposed football move common to the game (extending for the endzone)?

Edited by BenGone

I don't recall the Cowboys getting the ball back. Green Bay kneed out the game.

but Green Bay got three first downs on that last drive, including two third down conversions, one of which was a third and 11, true, Dallas didn't get the ball back, but they could have

and BenGone, the ball came completely out of Dez's control as he rolled over, yes he pulled it back in, but it hit the ground and popped out, that makes it an incompletion, here are a couple other could pics:

b99424043z.1_20150111221147_000_gv49g7kh

Dez+Bryant+vs+Packers.jpg