BLUE

NFCCG: Packers @ Seahawks

Hoping the Packers win, obviously it's no secret. Next rooting for a classic.

• Upvote 1

The Seahawks haven't played a great quarterback since Tony Romo in week 5. Meanwhile, the Packers have played Brees, Bridgewater, Brady, Ryan, and Romo. 2 elite QBs, 1 borderline elite QB who was undoubtedly elite this season, 1 very good QB, and the best rookie QB from this year's draft class.

The Seahawks have played Cam, who's bottom top 10. Good, but not at the level of Brady, Brees, and Romo, and not definitively better than Matt Ryan. I included Teddy based on how he ended the season and his sheer potential.

You're right--the Seachickens can't help their schedule, but they've played mostly trash for 3 months. That's going to matter.

Seattle plays their best game no matter who they're playing. They have not played "down" to their opponents in any sense. If the opponent is/was a lesser opponent, we posted performances like we should. Absolutely throttling them. Arizona netted 9 points total in eight total quarters. That stretch of schedule against the teams with the lesser quarterbacks, ie Sanchez, Shaun Hill, Lindley, Kaepernick, Seattle did not allow a single 4th quarter point. All of those games were also all but wrapped up by the 8-12 minute mark in the 4th quarters.

No mention of how that S.O.S. is severely inflated? You faced the Cards when they were starting their 3rd string QB...Or the Eagles with Sanchez playing...The 49ers in complete collapse mode...

Bware has a point, Seattle hasn't played against a great offense in quite a while but GB's offense has been pathetic on the road so it will be interesting to see if the offense shows up.

Also outside of two runs, Murray was getting less than 3 YPC. The defense did a pretty good job of limiting Murray for the most part and that's behind the best o-line.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

We've had a surprisingly difficult time converting redzone trips this year for some reason. It doesn't make much sense to me, because Aaron is arguably his best inside the opponents 20. And let's not forget, the Packers played a pretty shitty half of football in Green Bay last week. All the mistakes that have plagued this team in the playoffs in recent years showed up yet again last week for a half... Bad tackling, wide open Jason Witten, drops from WRs who never drop the ball, etc.

The Seahawks haven't played a great quarterback since Tony Romo in week 5. Meanwhile, the Packers have played Brees, Bridgewater, Brady, Ryan, and Romo. 2 elite QBs, 1 borderline elite QB who was undoubtedly elite this season, 1 very good QB, and the best rookie QB from this year's draft class.

The Seahawks have played Cam, who's bottom top 10. Good, but not at the level of Brady, Brees, and Romo, and not definitively better than Matt Ryan. I included Teddy based on how he ended the season and his sheer potential.

You're right--the Seachickens can't help their schedule, but they've played mostly trash for 3 months. That's going to matter.

Keep deluding yourself and keep saying the Panthers don't count when they were red hot going into it.

The Pack lost to the Bills recently. They didn't beat a single good defense on the road.

Everything points Seahawks this game. You just don't want to believe it. Neither do I, frankly, but it does point that way.

We are going to SMOKE the Hawks... And it will be glorious when everybody acts all surprised :smug:

We are going to SMOKE the Hawks... And it will be glorious when everybody acts all surprised :smug:

Oh I hope to god you do. I will be rooting for the Pack for sure. I'd love to be wrong on this one.

If you hadn't lost to the freaking Bills you'd have them at Lambeau.

Edited by Thanatos19

We shouldn't have lost to any of the opponents we lost to... IMO, anyway. Although I am a bit biased. Ha

And honestly I don't really think like, "Oh we should have beat the Bills (or anyone else) and we'd have 1st seed". This is the way the season played out and I am more than happy to meet the challenge of facing Seattle in Seattle. If we can't beat them, we don't deserve to move on. If and when that happens, it will definitely be a depressing reality.. But I'll get over it. Eventually... ;)

People want to bring up the Seahawks past schedule...

Let me tell you something. This is the NFL playoffs. It's straighforward. Win Out.

To those that keep on bringing up these theories of how the Seahawks struggle during the reg season. Get out.

The Seahawks looked like a nightmare against the Carolina Panthers last week. Defense was clicking, everything was clicking. The Panthers were playing very well going into that game.

I don't believe in the momentum theory, but I do believe Seattle is on the verge of playing their best football, they are ascending the hill, and I don't think the same could be said for the Packers.

• Upvote 1

You're smoking something, but it definitely isn't going to be the Hawks.

:Seahawks: 34

:Packers: 20

• Upvote 2

:Packers: 26

:Seahawks: 24

You're smoking something, but it definitely isn't going to be the Hawks.

:Seahawks: 34

:Packers: 20

Upon hearing there's going to be a lot of rain and wind, with potential gusts up to 60mph, I'm going to adjust my prediction.

:Seahawks: 27

:Packers: 10

The wind and Rogers' limited mobility are a huge dagger. Seattle's run defense >>>>>>>>>>>> Green Bay's run defense.

Edited by True Blue

:Packers: 24
:Seahawks: 21

Book it. Game over. Done. SUPER BOWL!

Seahawks declared RT Justin Britt (knee), QB B.J. Daniels, S Jeron Johnson, CB Marcus Burley, OG Keavon Milton, TE Cooper Helfet, and DE David King inactive for the NFC Championship game against the Packers.

Britt had started every game this season and didn't miss a snap. He received extremely poor marks from Pro Football Focus as a pass protector and was merely average as a run blocker. Alvin Bailey will make the start in his place.

Eddie Lacy (knee) and Aaron Rodgers (calf) are active for Week 20 against the Seahawks.

Both players were listed probable, so they were never in danger of missing the NFC title game.
Inactive for the Packers are WR Jeff Janis, RB DuJuan Harris, CB Demetri Goodson, LB Carl Bradford, OL Garth Gerhart, TE Justin Perillo, and DT Bruce Gaston.

You have to get into the endzone. You have to.

You have to get into the endzone. You have to.

Yeah that's just rough. In this kind of game, every redzone possession is paramount. Can't kick 3's and expect to win.

Good quarter Packers. Keep it up, can't get complacent. Not even close.

• Upvote 1

Omg this is amazing. Ive never been so glad to be wrong.

Kill them Green Bay.

Defense has played out of it's mind. With all of these mental mistakes the offense is making.. I am astounded to have a 16 point lead. Ya, you could say it should be a lot higher... But if it wasn't for the defense, it wouldn't be much of a lead at all, if it existed to begin with.

So happy that this game lived to Conference Championship game potential. Wish all Champ games were like this. Gonna most def download the condensed game.