BLUE

NFCCG: Packers @ Seahawks

Michael Bennett is riding a bike around on the field lol.

Glad to see the Seahawks win, but very very glad to see Russell Wilson suck, because people need to pump the brakes on this kid. He's not even a great quarterback yet, imo.

• Upvote 1

Guys I'm going to download the condensed game. Hit me up in PM and I'll try to give you the file. NFL CLASSIC

That is the single most epic chokejob I have ever personally witnessed.

GB just handed them the game on a silver platter.

• Upvote 1

Russell Wilson threw 4 interceptions.

He had a passer rating of 7 after the last Interception (the one where the Packer defender just layed down cause we all thought it was over).

How do you beat a team when their QB can have one of the all-time shittiest performances and they STILL win?

Slipped through our fingers... Grasping defeat from the clutches of victory. Such a disappointment, such an empty feeling.... We didn't make the plays when we had to, and the season is over because of it. Packers had a lot of chances to close it out, and failed each and every time. Nobody to blame except for the man in the mirror.

While disappointing, I feel this team grew a lot. Oddly, I think we will be better for it. The team still needs to grow and further pinpoint its identity. This season was a great first step, but as proven today, there is still a lot of work to do. I am really proud of the strides the team made, and optimistically look towards the future.

To be the best, you have to beat the best... And today, we weren't the best.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

biggest play nobody's going to talk about: Burnett's interception with 5 minutes left, I think that was the turning point in this game

At the time, the Packers led by 12 and had just gone 3 and out, Seattle had a chance to build momentum but gave the ball away, off Kearse's hands and right to Burnett, who promptly slid to the ground, my immediate reaction was why the hell did you not advance that? The more I think about it, the more I think my immediate reaction was exactly right.

Sliding on an INT is something you do with a game icing INT, so by sliding Burnett gave a signal that he thought the game was over, with five minutes left. The Seahawks may have seen this as a challenge/insult, but more importantly I think it signaled the overall feeling of the Green Bay defense, because they did nothing after that point to even slow Seattle down. Green Bay had the opportunity to put the dagger in, nobody was near Burnett when he caught the ball, he probably could have gotten at least 10-15 yards, which would have put Green Bay near field goal range. Bottom line, late in the game Green Bay played as if the game had already been decided, this play was a microcosm of that, and I think that's why they ultimately lost

• Upvote 2

While I am not going to doubt the hindsight of how big that play was... It didn't come down to one play for either side. We had so many chances to shut them down after that play. We had chances to run out the clock...

I mean Dix dropped an INT... He failed to stop the 2pt... Starks dropped a pass along the sideline that could have been a TD... Two FGs inside the Seattle 5 yard line... Aaron threw 2 bad INTs... Giving up a 2nd 34 or something ridiculous like that... There are so many more too.

Maybe if any one of those is different, the game isn't the same, but... Why torture myself with that. ha

yeah, calling it a turning point may have been a bit much, but I think it demonstrated an attitude that was not at all conducive to winning that game, and if it was pervasive in the Packers' defense at that point then the way the game ended shouldn't surprise anyone, which I think goes into your post about the team growth, you can't call a game over until the clock hits zero, hopefully the Packers learned that lesson

Feel sick after this one. We had way too many chances to win this game and we didn't.

We had a good season. I think there's not too much that we need to add to this team. Just can't let it break up. Retain as many pieces as possible.

yeah, calling it a turning point may have been a bit much, but I think it demonstrated an attitude that was not at all conducive to winning that game, and if it was pervasive in the Packers' defense at that point then the way the game ended shouldn't surprise anyone, which I think goes into your post about the team growth, you can't call a game over until the clock hits zero, hopefully the Packers learned that lesson

Oh ya, I hear ya. And definitely can't disagree. The real conservative play calling as the game got closer is also really troubling... for me anyway.

Feel sick after this one. We had way too many chances to win this game and we didn't.

We had a good season. I think there's not too much that we need to add to this team. Just can't let it break up. Retain as many pieces as possible.

Ya, great core that we need to retain... Looking at the FA list, we NEED to bring back Cobb and Bulaga. Would be nice to bring House back, but not sure that will happen. It'd also be nice to get Letroy Guion under contract as well.

Tramon Williams, Jarrett Bush, Raji, Flynn, Kuhn, Tolzein, and Dujuan Harris are the other FAs by this list anyway.. Tolzien maybe can come back as well. Raji if he is cheap.

Losing the NFCCG is one thing. A loss like that will weigh on the Packers' minds all offseason. Just a brutal way to end a season. If the Eagles went out this way (and I've seen plenty of NFCCG losses), I'd be totally devastated.

• Upvote 1

Russell Wilson threw 4 interceptions.

He had a passer rating of 7 after the last Interception (the one where the Packer defender just layed down cause we all thought it was over).

How do you beat a team when their QB can have one of the all-time shittiest performances and they STILL win?

Ask the Seahawks. Ben played like shit in his first Super Bowl win.

to be fair, there were apparently many in that stadium who thought the game was over:

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/1/18/7774629/seahawks-fans-overtime-stuck-outside-left-early-packers-nfc-championship

I just can't comprehend paying to go to a playoff game and not staying through the end

Fans like that, what a joke.

Ya, great core that we need to retain... Looking at the FA list, we NEED to bring back Cobb and Bulaga. Would be nice to bring House back, but not sure that will happen. It'd also be nice to get Letroy Guion under contract as well.

Tramon Williams, Jarrett Bush, Raji, Flynn, Kuhn, Tolzein, and Dujuan Harris are the other FAs by this list anyway.. Tolzien maybe can come back as well. Raji if he is cheap.

Cobb and Bulaga are definites. I'd also like to keep Tramon if he's cheap. Same with Raji. Also I think we should re-sign Daniels asap. If he improves a lot next year he might be too expensive to keep in 2016.

Even though we sucked major ass today, and I feel the Seahawks were the better team and won that game... I did lose a lot of respect I had for that fanbase. I think most of us knew it before, but 95% of those guys are fair weather douche bags. Not only did some of them leave, but most of them were booing for 3/4 of the game. Lol.

Get real. Even BC disappeared until the Hawks looked like they were going to win or go ahead. Disgusting.

We might be losers today, but damn I'm proud to be a fan of the Packers.

Hell of a game by G.B. They definitely didn't back down.

Hell of a game by G.B. They definitely didn't back down.

It was a lot closer than I expected which is what makes it so hard to take in. Even harder considering we had the game in our hands for all but 55 minutes. And then we let them take it. This game was the ultimate lesson in playing a full 60 minutes.

Not to say that Seattle only won because we stopped trying. But like.. we totally changed the way we were playing for some reason. We stopped doing what we did to get the lead...

It was a fun season. I'll see y'all next September.

The Packers do that a lot though, and I think that is reflected in Aaron Rodgers' record in close games. It isn't so much that he played poorly (although he did today), but the playcalling is so WHACK when games are close. McCarthy and Dom play to not lose and only take risks when they are up by 2+ scores, if that.

Hell of a game by the Pack today. I had given up pretty much all hope on that 4th pick. I gave us maybe a 10% chance after the Wilson TD, because I didn't think we'd get the onsides. What a game. GB's OL impressed me, but not as much as their D. They were relentless and gave Seattle all they could handle.

The Packers do that a lot though, and I think that is reflected in Aaron Rodgers' record in close games. It isn't so much that he played poorly (although he did today), but the playcalling is so WHACK when games are close. McCarthy and Dom play to not lose and only take risks when they are up by 2+ scores, if that.

I find it hard to blame him for this one... our offense was non-existant the second half and the defense STILL held them to only 3 points until the final 5 minutes.

McCarthy on the other hand....

Edited by badgers

I find it hard to blame him for this one... our offense was non-existant the second half and the defense STILL held them to only 3 points until the final 5 minutes.

McCarthy on the other hand....

For 55 minutes, absolutely. The defense did everything they could.. And honestly, even with the collapse, I find myself hard to pin blame on Dom or the defense... But they got every stop in the game that didn't matter and none of them that did...

1. Clay wasn't in on the 2nd to last series but was in on the last one.. Why? If he is hurt.. OK, but obviously he wasn't hurt enough to keep him out of the game. Tehy thought it was over.

2. Playing straight man across the board with no deep help was such a dumb decision... The Hawks just beat you on like 3 deep passes in the last 5 plays or something.. You need to cover deep.. even if it's just keeping one guy over the top....

3. Prevent defense on 2nd and 31 or whatever... Lol.

4. On the last series.. maybe the last two.. Guess who was back in playing ILB? AJ FUCKING HAWK AND BRAD FUCKING JONES. We had our 2nd string defense in there./.. Lmao. Are you fucking kidding me? Both those guys have been effectively benched in the 2nd half of the season. Yet on the final drive or two, when everything is on the line.. LETS PUT THEM BACK IN THERE. Fuck. Off.

Was it the defenses fault? I don't think so... They did what they had to and it was the offensive (and ST on that fake FG) that really lost us that game (not one play in general, but the play overall)...But like I said.. the playcalling..

Both offensive and defensive got SO GENERIC... the closer the Seahawks got, the safer we played it. Fucking aggravating x100. It isn't so much the players as it is the coaches.. There is no killer instinct....