BLUE

NFCCG: Packers @ Seahawks

Rodgers may be a better passer than Russell Wilson. But he's not a better Quarterback. Wilson is just flat out tougher than Aaron Rodgers. In virtually every way.

You should be banned until the draft for saying something so fucking stupid. Russell Wilson is maybe, and that's a hard maybe, the 7th best QB in the league. He's not even close to Rodgers.

1. Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Ben

4. Peyton

5. Brees

6. Romo (and I like Romo more than either Peyton or Brees, at this point)

7. Rivers

8. Luck

9. Wilson

Russell Wilson is the 9th best quarterback in the league. Get. The fuck. Out. Now.

HurrjOo.gif

I think there are two...very distinct sides in this thread.

On one hand...you have the ultra-homeristic Seahawk clan that is just posting out of their rightful minds because they are in a daze from winning last year's SB...on the other hand you have some serious Seahawk fan haters/Seahawk haters in Bware and some others here.

I think both sides make some..interesting points, but at the same time both sides are making outlandish statements.

No. Russell Wilson is not better than Aaron Rodgers.

Yes. The Seahawks are a very good team when they are playing their style of football. This isn't just what I've seen in this thread, I've seen some people here just hammering the Seahawks on how fraudulent they are or w/e.

Both sides need to take a T.O. and stick to the objectives about the game. Y'all get rustled up and put your emotions in your posts and then we get such threads as this.

Green Bay did themselves in to a team that was better from the start even though GB played better for 50 some mins. You can't let a team that has winning in their veins back in, you have to close the door.

Closing the door as in returning a late 4th Q INT for a possible touchdown instead of diving down on the spot that costed essentially started a battle for field position..and then allowed the Seahawks to do what they did.

• Upvote 2

I actually want the Seahawks to win. I just don't think Russell Wilson is nearly as good as advertised.

Never imagined the media would ride a NFCCG game this hard for so long after. Day 4. Still hearing more about this game than the upcoming superbowl. The chills given from the seahawks radio side are real.

http://vimeo.com/117243983

Edited by BC

Never imagined the media would ride a NFCCG game this hard for so long after. Day 4. Still hearing more about this game than the upcoming superbowl. The chills given from the seahawks radio side are real.

http://vimeo.com/117243983

You DO realize that this is Pro Bowl week, right? They save all the Super Bowl shit for next week.

• Upvote 1

Wow. I guess I had that one coming.

I'll expand a bit on my comments. Because in rereading them, I think they were entirely too broad.

In respect to Rodgers and Wilson:

Rodgers is an MVP caliber QB. I've agreed on that point. But there is one aspect to his game that he falls ridiculously short of Russell Wilson. And that's leadership.

Rodgers body language throughout the 4th quarter was just horrible. While I don't have any access to any sound clips of him on the sideline, he certainly looks/appears to be fuming at his own team. Pacing, muttering and shaking his head. Quite obviously, in his meeting with the press, he was still fuming. In a really raw, completely transparent passive aggressive fashion -- basically pinned the blame for the loss on the play calling. It's not hard to surmise that he was doing so during the game. His mannerisms on the sideline were identical to that of the press conference.

When things go sideways, he starts sniping at his team. Just like Peyton Manning in last years Super Bowl or in Peyton's infamous rant against his own line in their loss to Pittsburgh in the playoffs in 2005.

Contrast that to Wilson. Who was in the midst of having his worst game as a pro. Not just worst game. It was a game that easily outsucked anyone's most vivid nightmares. And in reality, that nightmare game pretty much could be pinned entirely on one receiver having the worst game probably in conference championship history. Wilson didn't have an entire team failing him. The failings were all encapsulated in one singular player. Having the worst game of his life. Probably ever.

Seattle at the 5 minute mark was pretty much left for dead. The result of Kearse, for a fourth time -- making a game killing mistake. An entire season on the brink of literally being thrown away. Kearse had failed the 52 other team mates on the roster. At every opportunity.

Wilson had far more reason to fume. He had an entire game worth of "WTF dude!" he could have unleashed. But he didn't go that route. Wilson was there building Kearse up. The one player who had failed the team and in particular Russell personally every time he called his number. And he's the one keeping Kearse in the game.

Until the end, where he had already predicted he'd be going his way to end the game well before the OT drive began. The ability to build Kearse back up and then call on him to make good on the one throw that mattered in the game.

That's the difference between the two QBs. In the darkest moments, Wilson is inspirational. He never relents. Never deflects blame when he definitely could. For Kearse to have that kind of game -- only to have Wilson get his mind right and to produce a result like that. Rodgers never gets that chance. Manning never gets that chance. Because that's not the kind of QBs they are.

Not in the dark moments of certain defeat.

If you want to see the difference between the two QBs on video, look at Rodgers press conference at the end of bitter playoff defeat in 2015, versus Russell's press conference at the end of bitter playoff defeat to Atlanta in 2013. The contrast couldn't be more clear.

Rodgers:

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/green-bay-packers-quarterback-aaron-004153520.html

Wilson:

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Wilson-Postgame-Press-Conference-at-Falcons/b42e8b2c-945c-4a11-8a24-7beafae80cef#content-tools-share

The way Seattle wins, it just seems like luck. Just about every time. Seattle is rarely ever ahead by 10 or more heading into the 4th quarter. It seems like they always seem to let teams hang around. Or that we're always on the brink of losing. But it's not accident that Seattle is so much better in the 4th quarter. It's by design. It's a function of Wilson's ability to hoist his team up in the critical/pressure moments. Or in the case this past week, of the dark depths of certain defeat.

Seattle needed so many breaks to land their way. But those breaks didn't win the game on their own. Wilson seized on those breaks and at every opportunity, cashed in. And his leadership qualities were essential in making that happen.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanatos pretty much nailed it.

Ya, Aaron has talked about continuously... Both in his post game presser and in his radio show that this game will hurt the most because they were so close. And because he doesn't really know how many more opportunities he will have. He said he wants to play for another 7, 8, 9 years but... anything can happen in between now and then. This is the one that got away, and if doesn't win another title in his career, this will probably haunt him for the rest of his life.

• Upvote 2

Did you even watch Rodgers' press conference or anything he has said since then? If you did, you would know it was slight jab at the playcalling but he wouldn't elaborate on it at all. He also shouldered a lot of the blame as he played sub-par and didn't get the job done. When your defense has been dominating for 55mins and forced 5 turnovers, and you can only muster 6 points from them, of course you are going to be pissed. Doesn't help that he was playing with a tear in his left calf followed by rolling his right ankle pretty good, basically immobilizing him and cutting out a huge part in his game.

Also back to your first point, he has been sulking after every game against you guys? Well we should had one of the worst collapses and the last time we played was when the fucking Fail Mary occurred so of course after those 2 losses he would be angry.

Wilson isn't even in the same class as Rodgers. End of motherfucking discussion.

Y'all need to learn to drop it when you're blatantly wrong.

Also, why is by far your worst corner talking shit about Gronk?

The Seattle Seahawks advanced to the Super Bowl in one of the most improbable comebacks in playoff history. Russell Wilson completed his final five passes, including a game-winning 35-yard touchdown in overtime to Jermaine Kearse.

Before the final five minutes and overtime, however, Wilson was abysmal. He threw a career-high four interceptions and became the second player in the Super Bowl era to win a postseason game with that many picks. Through three quarters, Wilson had a 0.2 Total QBR, and although he increased that number to 13.6 with his late-game heroics, Wilson finished the game with the lowest Total QBR in a postseason win since 2006.

This is not the first time that Seattle has won despite Wilson’s inefficiency. In fact, since 2012, Wilson’s first year in the league, the Seahawks have 15 wins in which their quarterback posted a below-average Total QBR, five more than any other team in the NFL. That includes both of Seattle’s NFC Championship wins during that time. http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/101699/no-one-gets-more-help-than-russell-wilson

Yet a lot of us continue to say QB A is better than QB B because QB A has more rings?

That's actually a great read... Russell Wilson gets more help than any other QB in the league, and by a large margin. His team wins in spite of him... Andy Dalton of the NFC, but with better pieces. So... Who is excited to make Russ the highest paid QB in NFL history? :ooo:

Edited by Favre4Ever

I am our defense is virtually locked up and i love his game perfect fit for our offense.

I am our defense is virtually locked up and i love his game perfect fit for our offense.

Technically, not really a perfect fit. I understand the sentiment of 'why change something that isn't broken'... But this article points out that it is broken. Seattle is pretty hard to beat as it is... Imagine how much better they would be with a real QB under center. It's scary to even think about.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes he had a terrible game. Made two throws where it just wasn't there at all. Even after that he's taken care of the ball better than anybody and helped us lead the league in explosive plays this year. He's unconventional, but efficiency statistics wise he's on the trajectory of a handful of greats, so yeah he kinda is worth at least the Kaepernick level money anyways.

And while Attyla went overboard, the point about Wilson having the leadership level he does, being able to get the most out of his team after having his garbage 4 int filled day, and getting Kearse to go make a play, let alone have faith in the guy after every attempt his way was intercepted up to that point in the game, kind of is a big point.

Edited by BC

To be fair, Wilson is a real QB. He isn't a great one, but hyperbolic over-exaggerations just cause hard feelings that don't need to exist.

And Wilson is way better than Dalton.

• Upvote 1

Yes, most definitely an over exaggeration. My apologies.

It's just one of those things though... You see stats like that or read articles like the one posted, and it really gets you to thinking. As I said.. The Seahawks are a sick team. Everybody talks about how great Russ is... Everyone talks about how great that defense is (and rightfully so). But how expertly built and coached are they? I mean, it's ridiculous. And when you get information like this, that no team wins more with suck lackluster QB play / games, and it only adds to their greatness.

Imagine how truly iconic they could be if Wilson didn't have those types of games? Sure, it's one of those what-if's that may not be worth pondering, but... Still somewhat fascinating to me. Seeing a Lynch-less and Quinn-less Seahawks team though should be something to see. It will truly test the limits of Schneider's brilliance.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

and let's not kid ourselves, Andrew Luck is going to become the highest paid QB this offseason