Sign in to follow this  
Eefluxx

Patriots Accused Of Deflating Footballs

I'd have deflated balls too, if I got beat 45-7 :coffee:

I saw one article claiming the Patriots "cheated their way to the Super Bowl" this might have happened, and it might have helped them, but it didn't help them to the tune of 45-7

If it helps with the control of the ball in these conditions, why doesn't the NFL deflate the balls all the time? That would seem to go along with Goodell's vision of the NFL.

I saw one article claiming the Patriots "cheated their way to the Super Bowl" this might have happened, and it might have helped them, but it didn't help them to the tune of 45-7

You still have to play by the rules.

You still have to play by the rules.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but to suggest this gave them the win is absurd

OK, I may dislike the Pats the most on TGP, but enough is enough. They didn't cheat, they simply crushed the Colts. Drop the bullshit.

Tuck Rule, Spygate, now this...the media needs to shut the hell up.

Edited by BigBen07
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I wouldn't dismiss this out of hand. Remember the officials taking forever to get a "real" ball in sometime in the 3rd or something?

I wouldn't dismiss this out of hand. Remember the officials taking forever to get a "real" ball in sometime in the 3rd or something?

Right after the kickoff to begin the third, there was a struggle to switch the ball that was used for the kickoff for a real game ball.

This is certainly not the reason for the Colts loss. They straight up got outplayed, proper balls or not.

:lol:

Edited by BC

You don't accused of dirtiness this often without something to back it. While it did not matter in this game, it could have against a team that actually belonged in the AFC Championship game, which the Colts didn't.

And why, Bware, did the Colts not belong? Getting real tired of your continued overexaggerations lol.

They whooped the Broncos and the Bungles. Perhaps the Ravens were a better team to play in the AFCCG, but that would be it.

• Upvote 1

This is pure bullshit, you mean to tell me that not one ref said anything especially seeing that they touch the ball on every down!

Is it possible that one or two of the balls lost pressure as the day got colder?

One of Bwares favorites teams belonged in the AFC championship game duh.

http://espn.go.com/boston/story/_/id/12202450/nfl-says-new-england-patriots-had-inflated-footballs-afc-championship-game

Go Seahawks.

It literally did not matter in a 45-7 game, but they didn't know that would be the score. This team is hard enough to support with Belichick's personality and Brady's on field temper-tantrums. Why can't they just fucking play by the rules?

Because they'll face no significant penalty for this?

Interesting how much this will cost them. This seems a little less intense than the other cheating scandals but certainly worth thoroughly investigating. Something like a 4th or 5th rounder being lost would sound about right.

This hurts. I am a massive Belichick fan. It frustrates me that now the cheater label is stuck with him for good. I was so looking forward to winning one that didn't have a cheating connotation with it in the eyes of many. I'd be lying if I said this doesn't hurt. Now the media is absolutely destroying us, Espns had the breaking news thing on the screen since this came out. I'm so angry, I can't even sleep. im expecting them to take our 1st rounder again like with spy gate.

Let's break this shit down though...

Game balls are checked out and examined by the officials in pre-game. Soooooo, did the officials completely whiff on the inspection? Nah, guessing BB or another Pats higher up ordered the game balls to be under inflated after the inspection took place. Fully realizing that the game was going to have wind and rain conditions, fully realizing they were going to attack the Colts with a ground-based attack especially due to the weather, fully realizing that they've beaten an Andrew Luck team by like 3+ TDs in all previous meetings. BRILLIANT!!! Also, these supposed under inflated balls were taken out at halftime when the Pats led by 10. So they went on a 28-0 run in the 2nd half with those regular inflated balls. BRILLIANT!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcfPi59d1BM

Could be one of the dumbest scandals I've seen in the NFL. Just something cute to hang over the Pats' head going into the SB, though. Won't really matter though because Seattle's gonna get that whoopin', regardless.

Feels good man.

• Downvote 1

Apparently a deflated ball was discovered right after Tom Brady threw an INT. Some help they were. :think: