Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Browns hire a guy who's never called plays to call their plays

Browns hired John DeFilippo as offensive coordinator.

DeFilippo, 36, is from Youngstown, Ohio. He's never called plays at any level. The Raiders' QBs coach the past three seasons, DeFilippo was praised for his work with Derek Carr this past year, though Carr averaged a league-worst 5.5 YPA to go with an underwhelming 76.6 QB rating. DeFilippo was the Jets' QBs coach in 2009 when Browns coach Mike Pettine was New York's defensive coordinator.

Oh man, I thought you were about to say I was named the guy to call the plays in Cleveland.

I'm not sure why that's such a big deal, with the number of football coaches that only coach at the NFL level I'm sure there are a lot that called plays for the first time while coaching at the NFL level

Oh man, I thought you were about to say I was named the guy to call the plays in Cleveland.

You gotta be at least 30 to call plays in the NFL,

I'm not sure why that's such a big deal, with the number of football coaches that only coach at the NFL level I'm sure there are a lot that called plays for the first time while coaching at the NFL level

It makes for a better thread title than "Browns hire X as OC"

Eh, sounds like the Browns to me. "Sure, his resume is a little shaky, but he's soooooooo dreamy." :wub: