BC

SB 49 XLIX: New England Patriots @ Seattle Seahawks

We were definitely the best team this season... Minus the whole losing and historic collapse thing.. Haha

So happy for Gronk and Revis.

The Seahawks are the luckiest team in the history of professional football... It was that way all the way to the end, with that ridiculous Kearse catch. What do they do next? Tempt fate with the single worst call in Super Bowl history.

You reap what you sow, you classless fuck faces. Your tears bring me great satisfaction.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Bruce Irvin did a terrible meteor impression.

Ah well, the game was entertaining, and Jermaine Kearse will be forgotten by the NFL history books. The price of losing is high.

Good game instant congrats Phil and Bredy and Wilson is still my dude. Tom Brady played a hell of a game and Edelman

Instant classic

• Upvote 2

Right after the game I wasn't even mad that the Pats won, because it ended the best way it could; on a Russell Wilson pick.

Now though? Now, I'm unhappy. And it's probably only going to worse as the week/offseason/eternity progresses.

sost.gif

Ive never been more happy after a SB lol.

Thank you so much Patriots.

So, was that the worst call of all time, or nah?

Infamy ‏@InfIsLegend 6m6 minutes ago

Marshawn Lynch is about to show up at the offensive coordinator’s house tonight with a shotgun like “You know why I’m here”.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

One of the best Super Bowls ever, and certainly one of the wildest finishes.

^I'm waiting for a variation of that picture bragging about Brady/Belichick's four rings.

Worst play call in football history goes to Darrel Bevel. Surprise surprise. Dumbass showed his true colors.

I can imagine passing if you have no time outs, but into traffic? And the Seahawks can't even be mad that the dude got there early. That gets let go all the time because it's bang bang and way too close to make any kind of call. What were they thinking? That was a lose lose situation. Either it's incomplete or picked. The only good part of that play is that Seattle was trying to go to their best receiver (Lockette). That's the only smart part of that play.

Hopefully analysts have seen over these playoffs how far Russell Wilson needs to go to even fall into the category of great quarterback. He is not a great quarterback. He has played significantly better quarterbacks the last two weeks, and let's not pretend that he's much better than Cam Newton, either. Dude is not separated from the pack of good to great QB's at all. It's time for the media to get off his dick and start sending all their praise to the guys who deserve it--Sherman, Azog, Thomas, Wagner, Bennett, etc, and Lynch on offense.

There's no question now that Richard Sherman is the best corner in football. Dude has separated himself by a fairly significant margin, in my eyes. I also don't think Revis has ever been the same player post ACL tear, so that's probably part of it.

Go home, Russell Wilson. Forget about being a head coach, Darrell Bevel. You can spit out that fucking gum, Pete Carroll.

Belichick wore a hoody and the sleeves weren't cut. What the fuck?

Can Tom Brady please retire?

Can Bruce Irvin please learn some class?

Can Jermaine Kearse be relegated to 4th or 5th receiver and special teamer?

Can Marshawn Lynch be called the best running back in football, finally?

Where do the Seahawks go from here in order to get better? 3 keys, in my opinion. Improve the OL. Make Lockette, Richardson, and Matthews their top 3 wideouts, and find some CB depth so Thorvald Simon doesn't lose you the game by being significantly worse than his teammates.

It still hasn't sunk in, I am so thankful. This is the best feeling I've had since the Sox in 04. I can't believe it, after the Kearse catch I was in shock and couldn't believe another amazing catch was gonna beat us in the last minute. Then Butler who barely played all year makes the most clutch play Ive ever seen a patriot make.

So much respect for Seattle, their team is awesome. Thx for the classy post BC.

Random, but Tom Brady has like the most beautiful family ever... Lol. The gene pool is strong. On another note, I can't afford to eat at the Super Bowl, let alone a ticket to actually get into the game.

B8yS4_jCUAACnkM.jpg

Edited by Favre4Ever

that actually doesn't look far off of standard stadium pricing

anyway, for the actual game, I'm not sure that last playcall was really that bad, it's not what I would have done there (read option anyone?) but it wasn't a terrible play call, it was just terribly executed. In that scenario you're on second down looking at 26 seconds with one timeout, you could run in three times and you'd only have one more down with the clock running and you might even get a Patriots timeout to make sure they can respond if necessary, but you don't want to be that predictable, you're going to throw once to keep the defense honest. There's an issue with how easily NE read the play, I talked in the shoutbox about self-scouting and knowing what your opponent is going to be expecting, but otherwise that wasn't a horrible play design. The idea was to get Lockette, your second most productive WR in the game, open against an undrafted rookie safety on a quick slant over the middle behind a pick from Kearse, not bad odds. Problem was the pass led him a bit too far which allowed Butler to make the play, a better throw there and it's at worst incomplete. And can we give New England some credit for making the play there?

also, what nobody's pointing out about that last play is that Brandon Browner did a fantastic job handling the block from Kearse as Kearse was trying to drive him inside to obstruct Butler's path to the ball

oh, and if anyone was wondering why Jeremy Lane never came back into the game (WARNING: image not for the faint of heart)

super-bowl-xlix-england-patriots-2015020

Awesome game from start to finish, congrats to the New England Patriots!

• Upvote 1

What a good game man. Would have been so mad to see a repeat lol.

Also I'm hoping that this game finally puts to rest any debates over who is a better QB all time between Brady and Manning. Manning might have more skill but when it comes down to it I'll take the 4x champ.

Congrats Patriots fans.

On an additional side note, 2 pretty good halftime shows in a row so not bad, NFL.

oh, and if anyone was wondering why Jeremy Lane never came back into the game (WARNING: image not for the faint of heart)

super-bowl-xlix-england-patriots-2015020

\

That injury is pretty much why the Pats won.