BC

SB 49 XLIX: New England Patriots @ Seattle Seahawks

Perhaps Seahawks fans can take some solace in knowing the merchandise will not go to waste.

The Guardian reported this week that the boxes of Seahawks championship gear, still sealed, will be sent to a warehouse that will then ship the goods to countries where clothing is most needed.

The NFL stopped destroying unsellable merchandise in 1996. For the past 19 years, the NFL distributed the gear through the Christian charity World Vision. Starting in 2015, the NFL has partnered with Good360, a charity that specializes in distributing corporate goods to nations in need.

Good360 will be responsible for disseminating an estimated 100,000 pieces of Super Bowlmerchandise that came oh-so-close to being worn by 12s throughout Washington and beyond.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000469263/article/seahawks-championship-merch-will-go-to-good-use

Ok, so it's only been six days, but is it too early to talk perspective? How great of a Super Bowl was this? Where does it rank among NFL lore?

I don't know about comparing it to other SBs yet, but I definitely think it was one of the best Super Bowls.

• A lot of legacy on the line either way. Seahawks could have been the NFL's next dynasty and one of the greatest defenses of all-time, Brady/Belichick got ring #4 instead.
  • Very few penalties, refs didn't botch anything big or take over the game.
  • Back-and-forth game overall, and a 10-point 4th quarter comeback.
  • Plenty of exciting plays, including that ballsy call before halftime where Seattle scored the touchdown.
  • An incredibly exciting finish, with a dash of controversy to boot.

What say you, TGP?

Edited by SteVo

Must have been awesome to watch as a neutral fan...

For the majority of the game, I was all like...

BKRGUNeCUAAnOvr.png

02.budd-dwyer.jpg

Bw5sjI3CIAEAoIz.jpg

Anyways, loved this brief clip...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl6ic0nhM4k

Serious, serious feels, man.

Pissed with the lack of sideline reactions/celebrations that NBC showed. Also shitty that they refuse to do intro hype videos before the teams run out on to the field like CBS and FOX does. Al Michaels was also pretty meh.

Naw Phil. This was you during the Super Bowl.

Rc0yg.jpg

Dr.-Who.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30742-1380680075-0.

80057-eddie-murphy-fuck-you-gif-Imgu-bD0

• Upvote 1

Ok, so it's only been six days, but is it too early to talk perspective? How great of a Super Bowl was this? Where does it rank among NFL lore?

I don't know about comparing it to other SBs yet, but I definitely think it was one of the best Super Bowls.

• A lot of legacy on the line either way. Seahawks could have been the NFL's next dynasty and one of the greatest defenses of all-time, Brady/Belichick got ring #4 instead.
  • Very few penalties, refs didn't botch anything big or take over the game.
  • Back-and-forth game overall, and a 10-point 4th quarter comeback.
  • Plenty of exciting plays, including that ballsy call before halftime where Seattle scored the touchdown.
  • An incredibly exciting finish, with a dash of controversy to boot.

What say you, TGP?

:mjtears:

Edited by BC

Seattle could still be a dynasty... who the heck is gonna dethrone them in the NFC?

GB will always be there cause Arod, Zona if they get a QB could be a threat, St Louis if they get a QB could be a threat, Giants will probably go on one of their retarded runs next year too. Philly, Dallas are right there. Atlanta could turn things around with Dan Quinn.

Edited by RevisFan81

I said this to BC last week. Seahawks time in the sun is over.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

Packers are winning SB 50. Last time we got gut checke dlike that in the playoffs, we came back pissed off and won the Super Bowl. And by gut checked, I mean beat by an inferior team in OT. Getting beat by the 49ers sucked, for example, but they just outplayed us from the beginning. It wil be fun to be champs again! Starts right now!

Now all you need to do is fire up the "Fire Mike McCarthy" thread to make it confirmed for real. So confirmed for real.

• Upvote 1