Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Early Top 50

Probably a lot of changes gonna happen after the combine*, and I watch a lot more. But this is how it's looking right now:

1. Leonard Williams - DL - USC

2. Jameis Winston - QB - Florida State
3. Amari Cooper - WR - Alabama
4. Kevin White - WR - West Virginia

5. Randy Gregory - DE-OLB - Nebraska

6. Dante Fowler Jr. - DE/OLB - Florida
7. Vic Beasley - DE-OLB - Clemson
8. Jordan Phillips - DL - Oklahoma

9. Melvin Gordon - RB - Wisconsin

10. Marcus Peters - CB - Washington
11. Andrus Peat - OL - Stanford
12. Todd Gurley - RB - Georgia
13. Trae Waynes - CB - Michigan State

14. T.J. Clemmings - OL - Pittsburgh
15. DeVante Parker - WR - Louisville
16. Brandon Scherff - OL - Iowa
17. Shaq Thompson - LB - Washington
18. Ronald Darby - CB - Florida State
19. La'el Collins - OL - LSU

20. Michael Bennett - DL - Ohio State
21. P.J. Williams - CB - Florida State
22. Danny Shelton - DL - Washington
23. Brett Hundley - QB - UCLA
24. Hau'oli Kikaha - DE-OLB - Washington
25. Owamagbe Odighizuwa - DE - UCLA
26. Mario Edwards Jr. - DE - Florida State
27. Maxx Williams - TE - Minnesota

28. Dorial Green-Beckham – WR – Missouri**
29. Cameron Erving - OL - Florida State
30. Duke Johnson - RB - Miami
31. Malcolm Brown - DT - Texas
32. Jalen Collins - CB - LSU

33. Devin Funchess - TE - Michigan
34. Shane Ray - DE-OLB - Missouri
35. Carl Davis - DL - Iowa
36. Denzel Perryman - LB - Miami
37. Marcus Mariota - QB - Oregon
38. Chris Hackett - S - TCU
39. Paul Dawson - LB - TCU
40. Landon Collins - S - Alabama
41. Xavier Williams - DL - Northern Iowa
42. Eli Harold - DE-OLB - Virginia
43. Nelson Agholor - WR - USC
44. Benardrick McKinney - LB - Mississippi State
45. A.J. Cann - OL - South Carolina
46. Eric Kendricks - LB - UCLA
47. Arik Armstead - DL - Oregon
48. Charles Gaines - CB - Louisville
49. Ameer Abdullah - RB - Nebraska
50. Jake Fisher - OL - Oregon

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Like Collins sitting at #40. Can't see him as a round 1 guy unless he absolutely nails everything at combine and pro day.

Charles Gaines? Don't even have the guy on my board yet. I'll have to find some tape on him.

Like Kendricks spot, but I can see a move up to around #38 or so.

Like the placement of McKinney. Not the top 30 guy everyone loves to talk about.

Hackett at #38?

Mind running over Mariota at #37?

Perryman at #36 is... I don't know how to feel about it. What are you seeing when you put the kid on film?

All media sources see Ray as a top 10. Why #34?

Saw Jalen Collins as a day 2 pick. Anything in particular that raises him for you?

No tape on Darby yet but I've heard a lot more hype around P.J. Like the placement of Williams; unsure about Darby. Campin seemed to dislike Darby.

Waynes at #13 and Gurley at #12 make my heart warm.

Gordon #9? Like his vertical speed and acceleration but I've seen him get bottled up way too much. If he progresses he'll be like Jamaal Charles. If he doesn't he'll end up as a mediocre receiving back. What's your insight?

Heard a lot of Kevin White. What's the scoop on him?

• Upvote 1

Hundley that high? Seems everyone pretty much hates him.

Like Collins sitting at #40. Can't see him as a round 1 guy unless he absolutely nails everything at combine and pro day.

Charles Gaines? Don't even have the guy on my board yet. I'll have to find some tape on him.

Like Kendricks spot, but I can see a move up to around #38 or so.

Like the placement of McKinney. Not the top 30 guy everyone loves to talk about.

I like Kendricks a lot, despite his position on my rankings. I think he's gonna skyrocket after the combine. He's got everything but size right now, and he'll probably look great in shorts. But the weight is kinda an issue for me. Think it depends more on what kinda role he gets put in.

As for McKinney, I don't see him as a 3 down backer right now. I feel like he'd get abused in coverage.

Hackett at #38?

He's my #1 safety, but idt he's a 1st rounder right now. Not a big fan of this safety class right now. but I haven't done too much look into it.

Mind running over Mariota at #37?

He's a project imo. And while he's got tools, but I don't see a 1st rd. prospect in him physically.

I've only seen two games thus far in depth. And wasn't entirely impressed.

Perryman at #36 is... I don't know how to feel about it. What are you seeing when you put the kid on film?

Don't see him as a 3 down backer. He's great at what he does, great instincts, first step, and awareness. But when you're a liability in coverage in today's league, it's a problem.

He'd be great in a 3-4 though.

All media sources see Ray as a top 10. Why #34?

If he's drafted as an edge rusher, like Miller I see him being a 1st round pick. Otherwise, not entirely sure on him yet. Don't see him bend all that well, and his pad level is always too high.

I think a lot of people right now see some of his highlights, and get that Von Miller high from it. I don't see that yet. Obviously that can change over time. But not right now.

Saw Jalen Collins as a day 2 pick. Anything in particular that raises him for you?

Crazy good upside/potential. Guys with his size are valuable in today's NFL.

Somewhat of a project, but I came away very impressed from his game against Alabama.

No tape on Darby yet but I've heard a lot more hype around P.J. Like the placement of Williams; unsure about Darby. Campin seemed to dislike Darby.

He's got elite speed and knows how to use it. He's got the potential to be elite imo. Great speed, footwork, awareness and ball skills were all positives I took away.

Gordon #9? Like his vertical speed and acceleration but I've seen him get bottled up way too much. If he progresses he'll be like Jamaal Charles. If he doesn't he'll end up as a mediocre receiving back. What's your insight?

Elite acceleration, vision, lateral agility, change of direction, he's got the full package imo. Doesn't have great speed, but that's the only thing I really see holding him back.

Heard a lot of Kevin White. What's the scoop on him?

He might entirely pass Cooper on my rankings. He doesn't have elite size, but he's got elite strength, and the ability to consistently win at the catch point on contested passes. He's also great after the catch.

Hundley that high? Seems everyone pretty much hates him.

I view him and MM as projects. But he is way more physically talented then MM. Easy choice for me.

Ok so I don't keep up with college that much. Mariota that far behind Winston? From what I've heard the two are pretty similar? Explain?

Ok so I don't keep up with college that much. Mariota that far behind Winston? From what I've heard the two are pretty similar? Explain?

They aren't really similar. At least to me. The only real reason the two are put in the same tier by most is because of Winston's off the field issues, accuracy, and Mariota's intangibles, and has the tools to be a great QB depending on where he goes.

I personally don't see most of the tools he has as elite, or even great. And on top of that, he's a project. At his best right now I see Mariota being a good QB, and nothing more.

They aren't really similar. At least to me. The only real reason the two are put in the same tier by most is because of Winston's off the field issues, accuracy, and Mariota's intangibles, and has the tools to be a great QB depending on where he goes.

I personally don't see most of the tools he has as elite, or even great. And on top of that, he's a project. At his best right now I see Mariota being a good QB, and nothing more.

Agreed. They aren't the same at all. The only thing that they have in common is that they both won the Heisman and played for a NC. The only reason they're talked about in the same breath is because they're the top two QB's coming out of college this season, and as you already mentioned, Winston is a bit of a head case. If it weren't for his off-the-field issues and steep regression this year, he'd easily be the no.1 overall pick.

Championship

My mistake haha. I read it as "won a national championship"

Agreed. They aren't the same at all. The only thing that they have in common is that they both won the Heisman and played for a NC. The only reason they're talked about in the same breath is because they're the top two QB's coming out of college this season, and as you already mentioned, Winston is a bit of a head case. If it weren't for his off-the-field issues and steep regression this year, he'd easily be the no.1 overall pick.

This I'm a bit surprised by. Haha. I kept waiting for where you would say how much you disagreed with me for some reason.

Probably a lot of changes gonna happen after the combine*, and I watch a lot more. But this is how it's looking right now:

1. Leonard Williams - DL - USC

2. Jameis Winston - QB - Florida State

3. Amari Cooper - WR - Alabama

4. Kevin White - WR - West Virginia

5. Randy Gregory - DE-OLB - Nebraska

6. Dante Fowler Jr. - DE/OLB - Florida

7. Vic Beasley - DE-OLB - Clemson

8. Jordan Phillips - DL - Oklahoma

9. Melvin Gordon - RB - Wisconsin

10. Marcus Peters - CB - Washington

11. Andrus Peat - OL - Stanford

12. Todd Gurley - RB - Georgia

13. Trae Waynes - CB - Michigan State

14. T.J. Clemmings - OL - Pittsburgh

15. DeVante Parker - WR - Louisville

16. Brandon Scherff - OL - Iowa

17. Shaq Thompson - LB - Washington

18. Ronald Darby - CB - Florida State

19. La'el Collins - OL - LSU

20. Michael Bennett - DL - Ohio State

21. P.J. Williams - CB - Florida State

22. Danny Shelton - DL - Washington

23. Brett Hundley - QB - UCLA

24. Hau'oli Kikaha - DE-OLB - Washington

25. Owamagbe Odighizuwa - DE - UCLA

26. Mario Edwards Jr. - DE - Florida State

27. Maxx Williams - TE - Minnesota

28. Dorial Green-Beckham – WR – Missouri**

29. Cameron Erving - OL - Florida State

30. Duke Johnson - RB - Miami

31. Malcolm Brown - DT - Texas

32. Jalen Collins - CB - LSU

33. Devin Funchess - TE - Michigan

34. Shane Ray - DE-OLB - Missouri

35. Carl Davis - DL - Iowa

36. Denzel Perryman - LB - Miami

37. Marcus Mariota - QB - Oregon

38. Chris Hackett - S - TCU

39. Paul Dawson - LB - TCU

40. Landon Collins - S - Alabama

41. Xavier Williams - DL - Northern Iowa

42. Eli Harold - DE-OLB - Virginia

43. Nelson Agholor - WR - USC

44. Benardrick McKinney - LB - Mississippi State

45. A.J. Cann - OL - South Carolina

46. Eric Kendricks - LB - UCLA

47. Arik Armstead - DL - Oregon

48. Charles Gaines - CB - Louisville

49. Ameer Abdullah - RB - Nebraska

50. Jake Fisher - OL - Oregon

You have Danny Shelton at #22 - all the boards I have seen have him higher than that and the NFL one has him about 8 from memory?

Thanks for asking.

Lol, JK. Danny Shelton is a good prospect, but he isn't a great prospect imo. He doesn't have a very high ceiling, like someone like Dontrari Poe had.

He's a 2 gap NT, with a capped ceiling. His best games are against the easiest competitions, and I've seen him get shut down by individual guys that should have no business shutting him down. He was getting stonewalled during the Senior Bowl practices because he stands straight up and relies on upper body strength.

This is pre-combine, so maybe he goes out there and surprises me athletically, but I don't see an elite prospect in him. At this point he's a 2 down lineman.

• Upvote 1