Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Better Call Saul Discussion

The cold open of the Pollos Hermanos truck and Mike's plant on the Helado Regalo truck :ooo:

Mike and Gus in the desert :ooo:

Jimmy telling Chuck he's going to die alone :ooo: :ooo: :ooo:

This show is just rattling off great episode after great episode, so I'll avoid that redundancy for now. My biggest takeaway is that this episode REALLY had a Breaking Bad feel to it. It's interesting how the BB atmosphere seems to be slowly becoming a greater part of the show, which makes a whole lot of sense.

My two complaints/inquiries of this episode both revolve around Kim.

1) That montage of her waking up, going to the gym, and showering? I found it really funny but out of place. It felt like part of an Edgar Wright movie, not Better Call Saul.

2) I'm a little confused how Kim feels about Jimmy. After he refused her legal counsel at his arraignment, I got the vibe that she was done with him. But then, in the episode's last scene, she's prepared to go all in with him in his legal battle with Chuck. Maybe this was just a bad read on my part. I look forward to re-watching the episode to focus on this.

Another theory I'm developing is that this will be the last season of the show, as sad as it sounds. Everything is setting up for a spectacular crash and burn where Jimmy McGill is Saul Goodman, Mike and Gus are doing business together, and things are firmly moving toward the events of Breaking Bad. Is there a need to do anything else? My hypothesis revolves around seeing the show as an examination of the relationship between Jimmy and Chuck:

• In season 1, we saw Jimmy and Chuck working together awhile, until Chuck's ultimate betrayal firmly set them on a divergent course.
  • In season 2, we navigated Jimmy and Chuck's fractured relationship. It seemed like things could be saved, but Chuck's recording in the season finale was the first nail driven into the coffin.
  • Season 3 will be the fallout. Their relationship is permanently damaged, and by season's end, it will be over completely.

The guy who.plays Gus pretty much said hes doing BCS for the next 2 seasons as well, which confirms 4+5 seasons of Saul.

The guy who.plays Gus pretty much said hes doing BCS for the next 2 seasons as well, which confirms 4+5 seasons of Saul.

Sperty pls. It's draft season. You should recognize a smokescreen.

Last night's episode was so lit. Wow...

I get to see it in 4K next week. :yes:

Love watching the Saul and Mike relationship develop. It is a game of inches and each inch along the way is fun.

Mike and Gus is fun too naturally ...

And oh boy, loved the scene of Jimmy and Kim walking out of the building after Kim learned that Chuck still has the original tape.

Chuck and to a lesser extent Howard are gonna get got. Can't wait.

• Upvote 1

This season has been great. Season 2 kinda dragged towards the middle but this one is showing no signs of that.

God. Damn.

That was fun.

I didn't mean literally he'll be killed. Taken out as in something happens to that ruins his reputation for example, like he's trying to do to Jimmy.

Bingo.

It's all good, man.

• Upvote 1

Not my favorite episode, but still really good. Chuck coming to grips with his mental illness is really powerful stuff. I am now wondering if he will end up dying or being committed.

So with the inclusion of Lydia in last night's show (which I'm not sure I'm digging the fact that seemingly everyone knows everyone in this universe), that means most of the main players on the drug side of things in BB have known each other for a decent amount of time...

..and all of them were killed by (with the exception of Lydia, because no female dies unless they're Jesse's love interest), either directly or due to, a cancer-riddled high school chemistry teacher.

:rog:

So with the inclusion of Lydia in last night's show (which I'm not sure I'm digging the fact that seemingly everyone knows everyone in this universe), that means most of the main players on the drug side of things in BB have known each other for a decent amount of time...

..and all of them were killed by (with the exception of Lydia, because no female dies unless they're Jesse's love interest), either directly or due to, a cancer-riddled high school chemistry teacher.

Well, it's not like you post an ad on craigslist looking for a new drug lab / distribution center. The vibe from Breaking Bad was that network was pretty well organized and mostly together when we got introduced to them.

• Upvote 1

I watched Season 1 of Better Call Saul, but then we moved off campus and didn't get a dedicated streaming package so I drifted away from it. I liked Season 1, but how has the rest of the show turned out? Was considering catching up on Netflix.

Do it now. :yep:

Well, it's not like you post an ad on craigslist looking for a new drug lab / distribution center. The vibe from Breaking Bad was that network was pretty well organized and mostly together when we got introduced to them.

True. Just feels like there would be other fish in the sea.

Walt kills Lydia in the last episode with the ricin.

Potentially, but it isn't shown. It's possible she got some sort of help after Walt told her he put something in her tea.

Nacho is another person who is a fairly major character in BCS but doesn't appear in BB.

Obviously it is likely a very bad reason why.

Potentially, but it isn't shown. It's possible she got some sort of help after Walt told her he put something in her tea.

I suppose but it was implied enough for me that she died. I don't think Walt would've told her if there was enough time for her to get treatment.

Yeah, this is gonna be the show's last season I think.

Yeah, this is gonna be the show's last season I think.

AMC show. See example: Walking + Fear the Walking Dead. Theyre gonna milk this show for all its worth. We have yet to see Saul doing Saul things. Only 4 episodes left on the season and so much still needs to happen. Namely him getting a completely new life with the Saul Goodman name. I don't think you can be a lawyer under a false name and have everyone you know KNOW you're not that person, lol.

Edited by Sparty

I don't think so. Think of the big things the show has already accomplished: Jimmy and Chuck are divided for good, tensions involving Pollos Hermanos and the cartel are ramping up, Gus and Mike are working together (or are about to), the name Saul Goodman has appeared. Plus, we've gotten glimpses of Tuco, the Salamanca cousins, Krazy-8, Huell, and Lydia.

All that's left, really, is for something really bad to happen to Chuck (mental institution or suicide, I'd say) and for Kim and Saul to split up. Maybe we get to see Hector have a stroke for good measure, but based on the pace of season 3 so far, I don't think it's unreasonable that all three of those happen in the final four episodes.