Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Better Call Saul Discussion

Jimmy is not like Saul at all. There is 0 way they can change his character that much in 3 episodes without it being rushed and forced. I don't know why you like this idea so much when it's so clearly wrong.

Ratings have dropped by like 30%, which I don't understand. There's definitely more story to tell I think. It's just gonna depend if Vince wants to keep doing i, really. I don't expect it to go on too much longer though.

The thing is, Netflix is contributing a large portion of the budget so they can have streaming rights. They don't care about ratings. That partnership makes it so it's a cheap show for AMC. And Stevo isn't saying it's gonna be cancelled. He's saying they're gonna plan on ending it now which is so totally wrong.

Ratings have dropped by like 30%, which I don't understand. There's definitely more story to tell I think. It's just gonna depend if Vince wants to keep doing i, really. I don't expect it to go on too much longer though.

Don't go by ratings anymore. A show nowadays makes its bank from merch, not ads. See example: the shit you keep watching on CW. Cw makes a bill a year off those shows, most of that being toys.

I agree that there is more to be said with the show. Breaking Bad though only went 5 seasons.. I think 4 is a given at this point...Does it go longer (or the same as BB?). I mean.. time wise, I don't think we've really moved that far in 3 seasons, have we? BCS started 6? (IIRC) years before BB and as I said, I am not sure we've relaly moved along that timeline a whole lot.

They could just leave a gap between BCS and BB where Saul, Mike, Gus, etc.. just do "normal" stuff for their characters, but that doesn't exactly seem like a Gilligan / Gould type of ending.

I have read interviews before that those two have mentioned that that is the big question of this series.. Once Jimmy becomes Saul for good... How much Saul do we, the audience, really need to see?And heck, they could even go beyond BB if they wanted to. I know we've seen some stuff in the.. "future?" but they could extend that too if they wanted.

That turned into a TLDR post and I am sorry. lol

I'd be really disappointed if they ended the series without spending a good bit of time with Saul Goodman

Not to mention what happens in Omaha.

From an interview a few weeks ago:

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/better-call-saul/264168/vince-gilligan-interview-better-call-sauls-longevity-and-why-its-the-best-season-yet

VINCE GILLIGAN: Just from watching this show you can tell that it's a finite story. And we know that even further from the fact that this show has to butt up against the beginning of Breaking Bad. So there is a finite nature here. But there's one difference in Better Call Saul’s finite nature that wasn't there with Breaking Bad, which is that there is yet again the possibility of a whole other story to be told through the black-and-white beginnings of a post-Breaking Bad world that we've put at the top of each season. So while I think that there is a definite end in sight for the pre-Breaking Bad story, there still seems like there could be a lot in the post-Breaking Bad world. I'm kind of fascinated by that, simply as one of the first fans of the series. What could come out of that? No promises, but it seems to me that there's a little more opportunity for scope there than there even was in Breaking Bad.

• Upvote 1

I'm all for a season 4 that splits between Albuquerque pre-BB and Omaha post-BB, Godfather 2 style. Make it happen, Vince.

• Upvote 1

Just started Season 2 and I'm really into this. I look forward to catching up.

I'll be honest... I thought this week's was very meh compared to the ones we have seen the last 3-4 weeks, but it's setting up something big.

Was nice to see Pryce back though.

Finally a new episode tonight!

The last two episodes have been fallout and buildup. This happened in Breaking Bad occasionally, and whenever it did, it meant something big was coming.

• Upvote 1

That handshake...

zomg.gif

I could barely watch nacho switch the pills I was so scared for him.

• Upvote 1

So, just how quickly is all of this going to unravel?

I got a feeling that Hector isn't gonna be incapacitated because of the pills. All one big misdirection.

I am 100% sure that some crazy shit is gonna happen in the next 2 episodes.

BB spoilers

I can't remember...does BB ever reveal what gave Hector his stroke?

No it does not.

Better Call Saul spoiler @ blots:

He gets away with it and it is the cause of Hector I'm sure. Jimmy reveals it in Breaking Bad, saying "it was ignacio" ( Nacho's real name) when he assumes the cartel has him at gunpoint in his intro episode.

I think there has to be more Gus involvement. I know BCS has establishment their... tumultuous relationship, but it's been very brief. Nothing to the point where it makes sense that Gus continues to go visit Hector in the nursing home in BB -- at least not in my opinion. I think their feud has to deepen first, and then Gus/Mike finish what Nacho started by switching those pills.

Edited by Banned4Ever

What an awesome episode. Definitely didn't see Hamlin v. Chuck coming. But poor Kim. :(

Saw that ending coming, was pleasantly surprised it wasn't a lot worse than it was.

:ooo: on so many levels :ooo: