Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Better Call Saul Discussion

Even crazier, this episode seemed like mostly set up for something much much bigger on every front. We advanced on every front, really...

Jimmy to Saul... Chuck and hid disease / impending fight with HHM....Mike getting deeper into Gus's operation.. Nach / Gus / Hector conflict... Kim continuing to work herself to death...

I think there has to be more Gus involvement. I know BCS has establishment their... tumultuous relationship, but it's been very brief. Nothing to the point where it makes sense that Gus continues to go visit Hector in the nursing home in BB -- at least not in my opinion. I think their feud has to deepen first, and then Gus/Mike finish what Nacho started by switching those pills.

I've been going through BB lately and we won't be getting much of that because (BB spoiler) in a flashback that's before Saul, Hector kills Gus's partner who Gus viewed as a brother so its already well-established why Gus does what he does in BB.

Chuck sucks, but that ending man....

tDXwZIY.gif

• Upvote 2

Chuck sucks, but that ending man....

tDXwZIY.gif

Exactly.

Mother of God that finale...

And now we wait.

That was just... so heavy.

It's really gonna hurt Jimmy especially after what Chuck last said to him. (And Howard is gonna hate himself for the rest of his life.) Great finale.

Edited by Sparty

All the truly great TV shows I can think of have something in common: they are always at the top of their game in the final two episodes (give or take) of a season. After three seasons, I think we can all agree BCS hits that mark. "Fall" and "Lantern" were quite the one-two punch to end this season.

I was sad with the lack of Mike, but there really wasn't anywhere to put him with so much else going on. I think F4E calling the episode "heavy" truly sums it up. When Chuck said to Jimmy, "You've never mattered that much to me," I was almost crying. That is some seriously fucked up shit to say to your own brother.

What will make a bigger impact on Jimmy/Saul, though, is something else Chuck said (and I'm paraphrasing) about how Jimmy would be better off dropping the charade of pretending to care about other people. Later in the episode, Kim says something along the lines of, "You've got to play to your strengths."

Saul Goodman, ladies and gentlemen.

All the truly great TV shows I can think of have something in common: they are always at the top of their game in the final two episodes (give or take) of a season. After three seasons, I think we can all agree BCS hits that mark. "Fall" and "Lantern" were quite the one-two punch to end this season.

I was sad with the lack of Mike, but there really wasn't anywhere to put him with so much else going on. I think F4E calling the episode "heavy" truly sums it up. When Chuck said to Jimmy, "You've never mattered that much to me," I was almost crying. That is some seriously fucked up shit to say to your own brother.

What will make a bigger impact on Jimmy/Saul, though, is something else Chuck said (and I'm paraphrasing) about how Jimmy would be better off dropping the charade of pretending to care about other people. Later in the episode, Kim says something along the lines of, "You've got to play to your strengths."

Saul Goodman, ladies and gentlemen.

So you enjoyed that as a series finale?

• Downvote 1

So you enjoyed that as a series finale?

The fact that Jimmy and Kim patched things up means there's things to do in season 4, though with the Chuck front completely done, I guess the other plots will focus on Nacho and whatever happens to him. Here's hoping we get more than just one b/w scene from Omaha.

Oh, and negged just for being an asshole. :D

No way AMC drops this, and even if they do, netflix will pick it up, and if not them, someone.

AMC won't drop this show. Breaking Bad is STILL trending on Netflix even 3 years after its over. BB and TWD are AMC's babies.

The fact that Mike was absent from the season finale should be about as subtle as a bag of hammers falling on your head as far as hints go. There is more Saul to come.

Edited by Sarge
  • Upvote 1

The fact that Mike was absent from the season finale should be about as subtle as a bag of hammers falling on your head as far as hints go. There is more Saul to come.

Thankfully.

And yeah, BCS is full of characters we never know in BB... Kim, Chuck, Howard, Nacho... Before BCS runs its course, it has to get rid of those people in some way, shape, or form. One notch seemingly in the belt already, but multiple remain.

BCS is about as perfect of a prequel project as there may ever be in the known universe.

Now that this season is over.. anybody change their minds on if BCS has reached BB level of awesome... if it's already there... ? or perhaps surpassed. Not only has it... but can it?

Edited by Banned4Ever

Can't agree that BCS is on BB's level because imo they're 2 completely different shows with the same characters. BCS is more of a legal drama and BB had that major crime element.

It was a joke. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knew there was too much to do for it to end this season (barring cancellation). It just turns out Stevo doesn't fall into that category.

• Downvote 1

Righteous. Let's hope we get more from Nebraska than just the season premiere's cold open.

Season 4 started production yesterday. I feel like this is gonna be the final season. :sigh:

Edited by Sparty

It won't be on TV until September. :(

Season 4 started production yesterday. I feel like this is gonna be the final season. :sigh:

I'm gonna be bummed if we don't get at least one season of post-BB material.

Not til September, holy shit. They really want to build tension huh. lol

Not til September, holy shit. They really want to build tension huh. lol

And maybe sperty is right and it's the last season. They want every detail to be perfect. I don't mind.

• Upvote 1

So I just today caught up on this show. Completely missed season 3 when it first aired. I had to go back into season 2 a bit and refresh my memory.

Good show. September aint to far away now. If this is the last season, I really really want some kind of Omaha conclusion.