Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Better Call Saul Discussion

Not that I want to compare the two, but that may not mean anything. A year in the Walking Dead happen in like 12 minutes of the show, so... He may have even less time than you originally feared. *gasp*

Ha.

We're not even two years into TWD through five and a half seasons though.

Edited by Vin

Can we please switch Better Call Saul and Walking Dead please? BCS is so much better on Sundays than failure Walking Dead.

Can we please switch Better Call Saul and Walking Dead please? BCS is so much better on Sundays than failure Walking Dead.

You don't even watch the show!

BuQ.gif

You don't even watch the show!

BuQ.gif

Vin, I think we need to have a talk... That show is terrible and I need to convert you over to the light.

It is bad. But I also can't fathom quitting on it. There is just so much time invested for me. And I don't think there has ever been a show I watched this far in that I just stopped. Bless those of you who can....

Can't wait for tomorrow night!

Vin, I think we need to have a talk... That show is terrible and I need to convert you over to the light.

:nope:

When all is said and done, this show might end up being better than Breaking Bad... ya, I said it.

• Upvote 1

This show is so great already. I refuse to miss a single episode for any reason. I don't think that has ever happened to me with any show before.

This series is so great only three episodes in. I can't believe they were behind on production.

There is one thing I didn't quite get last night. Please answer in spoilers.

Maybe this relates to Breaking Bad somehow, but I don't understand

the scene in the beginning of episode 3 when Jimmy is in prison and Chuck is going to help as his lawyer. Is this a flashback to something that happened before the events of Better Call Saul? I'm inclined to think so, but I just want to be sure that it's not also a foreshadowing of something that's going to happen later.

It's just a flashback.

Ya, this show has all of the great drama, writing (obviously), characters, and cliffhangers EVERY SINGLE WEEK just like Breaking Bad, and really non of the the negatives. I know we are only 3 episodes in, so we are due for some bad characters, but there is no Marie, Skylar, or Jr in sight and it is GREAT.

The chemistry Mike and Saul have already is hilarious and amazing in every way.

Ideally the showrunners would know what people liked and didn't like about BB and apply that to BCS. We'll see though.

This show just proves spin-offs can work in the right people's hands.

The internet (mainly people who spotted the date on the check that Saul gets from the law firm) has told me that the show takes place in '02, years before BB takes place. I guess my fears are unfounded.

Semi-BB spoiler

And if need be....couldn't they just pick up from where BB left off?

Third episode was quality. I really do enjoy this show so far. I was very skeptical about it as well.

Edited by BJORN

Semi-BB spoiler

And if need be....couldn't they just pick up from where BB left off?

Third episode was quality. I really do enjoy this show so far. I was very skeptical about it as well.

Absolutely, though I never expected that we'd get much of that period. Anything we do is just icing.

This show is already better than Breaking Bad was in its first season, but I really don't see how they escalate it to new levels of epicness, which BB did every single season.

According to Nielsen live/same-day ratings, Better Call Saul has been confirmed as the number-one series premiere in cable history among adults ages 18 to 49 and adults 25 to 54 -- TV's most coveted demo. AMC's two-night debut on Feb. 8 and 9 drew a combined total of 15.6 million viewers, but the first half of the premiere broke viewership records on its own with 9.8 million viewers.

I've never looked forward to Mondays before. lol

This show is already better than Breaking Bad was in its first season, but I really don't see how they escalate it to new levels of epicness, which BB did every single season.

Yeah thats going to be tough. Hopefully they don't blow everything in 1 season.

I don't see how they're going to run out of steam too quickly, now that I think about it. Because

As F4E noted, the chemistry between Saul and Mike is insanely awesome already, and they're going to develop that even further as the episodes progress.

Also, Saul's character in general always seems to present a new wrinkle. I feel like he's always going to be a wildcard. Just when we think we've figured him out, he goes against the grain and shows us something new.

I realize I probably don't have to put all this in spoilers, but I want to make sure anyone who reads this doesn't see more info than they want without seeing the show for themselves.