Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Better Call Saul Discussion

What an episode, maybe my favorite yet. Chuck with the stiff right hook for KO.... And Mike's monologue about being a bad guy or a criminal? Excellent. Great, great stuff.

• Upvote 2

Welp, I have no sympathy for Chuck anymore. Wow. Didn't see that coming.

I continue to be impressed and entertained by Mike. I know it takes a while for him to appear in Breaking Bad, but I can't wait to see him in that show... even if he's slightly different.

Is this the beginning of Saul and the end of Jimmy?

:yes:

I continue to be impressed and entertained by Mike. I know it takes a while for him to appear in Breaking Bad, but I can't wait to see him in that show... even if he's slightly different.

He's always been Saul, he's just incredibly conflicted and tries hiding who he truly is! Chuck is right, he's Slippin' Jimmy and Slippin' Jimmy is Saul.

I really wasn't surprised at all, you could tell there was something unspoken there and the flashback a couple weeks ago (I don't remember exactly when) to Jimmy finding out he passed the bar was pretty much a giveaway if you looked at Chuck's reaction, particularly what he didn't say, when Jimmy asked for a job in the firm after passing Chuck explained that it was a decision to be made by all of the partners, but really said nothing to give Jimmy any sign of support, if Chuck was in Jimmy's corner why wouldn't he have said so? he didn't say "I've gotta talk with the other partners, but if it was my call to make I'd hire you right now" and really just his general demeanor showed that he wasn't really impressed, he was just saying what he thought he had to

I was impressed at Jimmy finding the balls to call him out on it and leave, it's gonna be interesting to see where he goes now, it's a shame there's only one more episode this season

I really wasn't surprised at all, you could tell there was something unspoken there and the flashback a couple weeks ago (I don't remember exactly when) to Jimmy finding out he passed the bar was pretty much a giveaway if you looked at Chuck's reaction, particularly what he didn't say, when Jimmy asked for a job in the firm after passing Chuck explained that it was a decision to be made by all of the partners, but really said nothing to give Jimmy any sign of support, if Chuck was in Jimmy's corner why wouldn't he have said so? he didn't say "I've gotta talk with the other partners, but if it was my call to make I'd hire you right now" and really just his general demeanor showed that he wasn't really impressed, he was just saying what he thought he had to

I was impressed at Jimmy finding the balls to call him out on it and leave, it's gonna be interesting to see where he goes now, it's a shame there's only one more episode this season

Good point. Thinking back, you're right, it's not all that surprising.

Although he did seem, IMO, like he kinda shed that dbag demeanor in his new/present state. Obviously I was completely wrong, though. lol

If you've ever had repeat criminal family members, you'd kind of see Chuck's side a little bit here too. The whole wanting to keep a distance. But obviously we're made to feel for Bob O the gawd's character so it's not the first thing we all feel

If you've ever had repeat criminal family members, you'd kind of see Chuck's side a little bit here too. The whole wanting to keep a distance. But obviously we're made to feel for Bob O the gawd's character so it's not the first thing we all feel

Completely agree with you to an extent, as I've been there w/ those family members, but he clearly got his life together and was making the right choices. He became a freaking lawyer and was progressively proving himself. Sure he didn't do it in the most prestigious manner (online courses etc), but he did it and was doing the dirty grunt work by starting at the very bottom and working his way up.

Sure Chuck should be a little hesitant due to his brother's past, but IMO, it was more of a, "You didn't do it the way I did it therefore you are not deserving." He didn't do it in the most prestigious manner. Although, I do think Jimmy was asking for a bit much in being a partner, but they shouldn't be completely shunning him. Maybe offer him a regular position within the firm as a lawyer.

IMO, Jimmy deserved the chance and the ability to further prove himself.

• Upvote 1

yeah, but Chuck is old school, and there are still a lot of attorneys (fewer in each younger generation) that have that mindset, there's one way to do things and if you couldn't get through a real law school you don't deserve to be part of a real law firm, unfortunately the effect that has is a self fulfilling prophecy, Jimmy finally seemed to be getting his act together with the elder law and that case could have been what got him onto a straight path to respectability, instead because his brother shut him down telling him you'll always be Slippin' Jimmy, that's exactly what he's going to be

3 days until the finale. Then we got to wait. :sigh:

Man, what a finale. Slippin Jimmy is back. I was waiting for Mike to like.. Pull out the bag of cash or something. Ha. I realize that wouldn't make sense because the Flanders got their plea deal, but still... lol. Also, I went from being all like... YO.. FUCK YOU HOWARD, FUCK YOU KIM 2 or 3 episodes ago to being all like.. Ya, I guess you guys are pretty cool with me. YO, FUCK YOU CHUCK.

I am really interested to see what it is that finally brings Mike and Saul together for the first time on a crooked kinda job. Obviously Mike is already doing some shady work and Saul is ready to go all... Saul... On us.

Also, I very much enjoyed the camera shot of Kim and Jimmy coming out of the elevator to see that kicked in trash can... And then the reference to Belize in Jimmy's crazy night at bingo. The writing and... Everything... in this show is just. So good.

• Upvote 2

Really curious to see what the storyline is going to be next season. Seems all the bridges have been burnt in this season. I also get the feeling

Gus

or at least the foundation for his appearance is gonna be laid. Of course, that could also be me reading way too much into Mike's phone call last night.

Also, yay callbacks.

tumblr_mau241v0Iz1qzj85z.jpg

Edited by Vin
redundant redundancy
  • Upvote 2

Epic ending to an epic first season. Odenkirk's monologues in this episode were on point. The last 3 minutes were amazing, too.

Only thing left to do now is binge watch Breaking Bad. :towel:

Great finale. The groundwork has now been laid for Slippin' Jimmy and elder law practicing Jimmy McGill to fuse into Saul Goodman. And I, like Vin, hope to see

Mike get involved with Pollos Hermanos, and thereby Gus.

Edited by SteVo

My favorite scene from the first season.

Mike just oozes awesome badassery. :megusta:

Edited by FartWaffles
  • Upvote 1

Yea I like that one and also the flashback of him with the dirty cops in Philly.

Jimmy dumpster diving at Sandpiper... Jimmy copying Howard's suit and his billboard ad.. ha.

The scene with Tuco, Nacho, Jimmy, and the skateboarders was great.

"and you....will....ATONNEEEEEE" episode one. lol

"Commerce clause is a bitch!"

InformalDazzlingAbyssiniangroundhornbill

• Upvote 1

Hamlindigo Blue.

We all know that everyone who wears blue in this universe is a good guy, right?

Oochymp, you gotta start using periods, bro.

Oochymp, you gotta start using periods, bro.

Sorry, I didn't realize that grammar mattered on a message board. Is that better? Pleas note that the only thing I changed in that post was changing five commas to periods and adding a sixth period at the end. Does that really change the way you read the post?

• Upvote 2