Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Better Call Saul Discussion

Wouldn't be BCS, if I didn't fall asleep during the season premiere, will watch the rest later....and probably fall asleep again.

Tonight!

• Upvote 1

This is one of the greatest shows ever...

Fucking squat cobbler. :rofl:

• Upvote 1

Jimmy's gonna dump Kim and pick up some adventurous Asian broads from the salon. See how they were admiring that new car? Chakoko, ladies!

I wonder if that's the last time we'll see Price/Dan. His presence has filled me with great joy. el oh el squat cobbler. They couldn't pull that off with any other character. I literally lol'd as Jimmy was describing every detail to the cops.

The world is a rich tapestry, my friends.

Ya, that scene (Jimmy with the Cops) was one of the best in the show to this point. I loved everytime a new detail would come out that they would slowly turn around and give Price a weird look.. Oh man.That was greatness.

And Kim is bugging the hell out of me.

• Upvote 2

And Kim is bugging the hell out of me.

I'm guessing people will have the same reaction to her as Skyler, but it'd be really out of character for her to just be like "yeah, do whatever you want." Also works to remind us that while it was smart and funny, it was illegal.

I'm guessing people will have the same reaction to her as Skyler, but it'd be really out of character for her to just be like "yeah, do whatever you want." Also works to remind us that while it was smart and funny, it was illegal.

Oh yea, I totally didn't expect anything else out of her. And to, I think Sarge's, point earlier. We know how it ends for them -- not well. So, I wasn't surprised or shocked or... anything like that. I still hated her in that moment though for ruining the "fun". Ha.

Which, honestly... Is a huge credit to the writers. Not only in this moment, but as far as the show goes in its entirety. We largely know the story that is being told. We already know the ending and how certain things are going to turn, but they can still keep us interested.

I don't know about you guys, but if I pick up a book... Read the last 2-3 chapters, I am not going to bother reading the first 27 chapters of said book.

• Upvote 1

Kim is one billion times better than Skyler.

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 1

^ Truth.

But does anyone really need that reminder? We know this show is about Jimmy's shift into Saul and all of the illegal shit involved, I was just surprised that it took until fabricating evidence to get a reaction out of Kim. Lying to police officers about an ongoing investigation is fine (it's not, totally illegal, you can refuse to talk but you can't lie) but showing them a video to corroborate that lie? Now that crosses the line. That made the whole scene feel a little too artificial to me, but otherwise that was a great episode. I love seeing more of Mike.

• Upvote 2

I wasn't thinking about the video crossing the line. I'm not actually a lawyer.

Thanks for clearing that up.

That's fair, I sometimes forget that I'm watching this show with a perspective many don't share and I might be more actively thinking about Jimmy's shenanigans in terms of their legality than most people do. I still think that scene was more about showing the fractures starting between Jimmy and Kim, who at this point is probably the only person slowing the transition from Jimmy to Saul.

I'm really looking forward to two big confrontations I'm expecting to come this season, one is Jimmy v. Chuck II, the other is Jimmy v. Kim and I think their discussion of the Squat Cobbler was really there to sow the seeds for the major confrontation to come.

• Upvote 1

Monday night will be episode 3 of season 2. I expect things to really get cooking by about episode 6 or so.

Mike getting further involved with Nacho.... uh oh....

:devious:

That cliffhanger / end was brutal. I was yelling for more! Ha

This whole Mike/Nacho thing is going to lead to Gus, or someone who knows Gus, right? I mean, it can't be Tuco, because Mike just used Tuco as a threat to Nacho in the previous episode. Also kinda sucks if so, because this is way before Breaking Bad takes place.

"so what did I miss? anything blow up yet?" :rofl:

This whole Mike/Nacho thing is going to lead to Gus, or someone who knows Gus, right? I mean, it can't be Tuco, because Mike just used Tuco as a threat to Nacho in the previous episode. Also kinda sucks if so, because this is way before Breaking Bad takes place.

Mike was also very well established/trusted with Gus by the time of BB, so I wouldn't be shocked to see that relationship build a little bit

Next week is going to be awesome, dominoes should really start to fall, as soon as Jimmy called the TV station I said (yes, I talked to the TV watching the show by himself) "that's gonna get him fired." Attorney advertising is a very dark gray area, by which I mean it was strictly forbidden by most state Bar associations until the last 20 years or so and is still very much frowned upon in any form by old school attorneys (ie most partners in most major firms) and the mesothelioma ad they showed is about the standard, any sort of emotional appeal is typically viewed as sleazy. There's no way in hell that ad he showed would have been approved and putting anything out that publicly with the firm's name on it without explicit approval from at least a partner is by itself likely grounds for firing, even if there's nothing wrong with the ad itself. I can't wait to see Chuck's reaction.

Hmm, I figured running any ad without approval isn't ok but I didn't know about that context of advertising as well. I'm sure Gilligan was aware of that since he seems to love going all-in on research.

I loved the scene with the first ad though. "We had so many meetings about getting that swirl right."

Well, it was Tuco.

I'm pretty good at this.

It's like a pyramid bro... You can't go right from Nacho all the way to Gus. Give it time, let relationships blossom. Mike is a stone cold killer (by not killing people). This show needs a new title...

Better Call Mike.... Who Will Call Saul

That plan to get Tuco arrested was amazing.

No talk about Monday night's episode yet? :no:

:ooo:

This show is about to get a lot better... which is kinda scary.