Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Better Call Saul Discussion

Mondays episode was kinda weak. Mike is the star of the show. His name is just not in the title.

No spoilers, but considering what happened at the end, this episode was far from weak. As great as Breaking Bad was, the first 2 seasons weren't all that. We remember Breaking Bad's epicness from season 3 on. I think this show will be the same.

yeah, this week was a pretty slow episode, but you need those for building, I'm interested to see if Howard becomes a more critical character now that we know he's behind keeping Kim in doc review

I don't really need or want Howard to become that much more into the spotlight. I mean, more than just a few minutes? Sure I guess I will take that. But this is Mike's story, I don't care about much else. Hector showing up was awesome.

Great episode :ooo:

This one made me realize even more how epic it's going to be for people in the near future to watch Better Call Saul then Breaking Bad in succession marathon style. Whew.

• Upvote 1

This show is really getting me excited. :yep:

I continue to be amazed at how engrossing every moment of this show is. Breaking Bad accomplished the same thing. It's especially impressive because we know the eventual fate of the main character, but we want to know what happens next anyway. I know we've all discussed this before; it's just remarkable how well done this entire show is.

Oochy, there was something I was wondering about last weeks episode that I figure you'd know.

Is the lawyer actually allowed to offer a job to his opponent in a case while that case is going on? Even if she isn't going to work on the case at his firm, it seems like it could be a good way to severely weaken your opponent.

And so it begins.

• Upvote 2

That was one of the greatest montages ever.

• Upvote 1

:fgm:

And let me reiterate how great EVERY. SINGLE. INTERACTION is between Saul and Mike. I need more, damnit!

• Upvote 1

This show reminds me why Mike was my favorite character in Breaking Bad.

Yeah I think this was a good one. I think my reasons for why I thought Saul kinda dragged the last few episodes was that his time at Davis & Mane felt kinda fake. Like, if he quit right after that meeting about the commercial, I don't think it would've really cut anything out. Now that he's back on his own, I'm looking forward to what happens next.

Of course, Mike is still the best part of the show.

Oochy, there was something I was wondering about last weeks episode that I figure you'd know.

Is the lawyer actually allowed to offer a job to his opponent in a case while that case is going on? Even if she isn't going to work on the case at his firm, it seems like it could be a good way to severely weaken your opponent.

sorry for the delayed response, I usually avoid this thread between Monday night and whenever I get around to watching

Anyway, the short answer is it's not that big of an issue and it's certainly allowed.

Now the slightly longer answer: there generally isn't an issue with weakening your opponent, especially with a law firm the size they depict HHM as being, there's always enough associates working on a case of that size that no one is absolutely critical, and if it is you can always get a continuance (opposing counsel may object but the judge would grant it) to get someone else up to speed. If there's anyone who's that indispensable then you make sure they're not looking elsewhere. The bigger issue is the potential conflict of interest you create, but that's generally avoided by not having her work on that particular case. The other thing to consider about that is if you have two large firms in the same town you're likely to be on the opposite sides of cases constantly, whether those are trials, contract negotiations, or anything else. Because of that, any time you hire someone away from another big firm odds are you have some case against that firm. I do think if you're looking at someone who's heavily involved in a matter you're representing the opponent in you would probably wait until that matter is resolved, but it's really only out of professional courtesy and to avoid creating cause for a continuance.

Great episode. The rainbow suit montage is a highlight of the entire series so far.

Mike is really up to some shit now huh?

Let's just say, Hector isn't such in great shape when we see him in Breaking Bad, so.... haha.

• Upvote 1

Was that a home-made spike strip he was having his granddaughter help him with?

Yup! I was thinking while they were making it, that he was up to no good (before we saw the nails). Then he told his daughter in law that it was to water some of his flowers... Come on! Ha.

• Upvote 1

I need next monday now.

• Upvote 2

Don't really feel bad about Chuck. :nope: