JetsFan4Life

WWE Discussion Thread

I know there's a few people on here who watch and some others who casually tune in from time to time. Figured I'd start a thread with WrestleMania right around the corner.

Bryan/Reigns in one week to decide who fights Lesnar for the title. I wonder what they'll do. I still feel like Reigns is going over, I don't see Bryan/Lesnar being the main event. At the same time I'm not sure where that leaves Bryan.

They could go the triple threat route again but that just seems lazy because they already did it last year and just had a triple threat at the Royal Rumble.

Do stables even exist anymore? Being dead serious. Haven't watched in a loooong time.

Do stables even exist anymore? Being dead serious. Haven't watched in a loooong time.

They exist, but there's only one or two at a time that are big. Right now the only stable that's prominent is The Authority with Triple H, Stephanie, Seth Rollins, Kane, Big Show, and Rollins goons J & J security. More or less they just kind of go up against certain good guys.

A few good stables going would be awesome. It was pretty sweet last year when they had the Wyatt Family, The Shield, and even Evolution running around for a bit.

Every time the WWE puts a decent stable together, they seem to tear it apart within a year or so. Honestly most of the time for no great reason. Really didn't see any good reason to disassemble the Wyatt family. It really put a dent in Bray's cult leader angle.

I can't see a Mania triple threat either, but dumber things have happened. Reigns could end up getting booed out of the building if he wins, but that didn't stop the from putting Bootista in the main event.

If you've been out of wrestling for a while, or on the fence about getting back in or just starting to watch, you absolutely must watch NXT's show from Wednesday. NXT is WWE's developmental territory, but the talent is amazing and the shows are regularly way better than the main roster's. This last NXT Takeover was one of the best wrestling shows I've seen in years.

You can watch it here if you're so inclined: http://www.bollyrulez.tv/threads/1616645-Watch-WWE-NXT-Takeover-Rival-2015-2-11-2015-11th-February-2015-Full-Replay-HDTV-Watch-Online-Download-720p-HD

Raw was ok, but at the same time it seems pretty lame in comparison to NXT. It should be the other way around since NXT is the developmental guys. The crowds during the live events lately have been pretty much dead, while the much smaller NXT crowd is just absolutely insane.

The shame of it is that when the NXT guys get to the big show, they're not gonna let them do half the stuff that they do, because it's not safe enough for TV to guarantee a clean show. Neville and Owens put on an amazing 30 minute match, and you're never gonna see anything like that on Raw. The 450 splash from the apron was ridiculous, don't think I've ever seen that done before (doubt anyone else other than Neville could do it really).

So building myself up for disappointment, I bought 4 tickets to Raw for March 9th at Consol Energy Center. The last couple shows (Smackdown, and a house show) have been rather lackluster, and I'm pretty sure it's on purpose since the entire arena booed Batista out of the building at last year's Royal Rumble. BUT, it is one of the last Raws before WrestleMania, so there's a good chance it will be a great show. Good chance of seeing Lesnar, maybe Sting, and possibly even the Undertaker, which would make my friggin day. It's been at least 20 years since I've seen the Deadman in person.

Seats are about 8 rows up in the first set of risers on the non-tv side. Should be a nice spot.

Fastlane was pretty good, pleasantly surprised.

The end of Paige/Nikki was super lame though, Nikki can even pull tights correctly :shifty: That powerbomb was pretty nice though, you don't usually see the ladies pulling off stuff like that. I love Paige, she's friggin gorgeous, a talented wrestler, and she's not afraid to take bumps.

Cesaro/Kidd vs. the Usos was probably my favorite match. Loving that tag team and apparently Vince is too.

Reigns/Bryan went as I expected. People still booing Reigns though lol. Him and Lesnar should have a solid match at Mania. That is if it remains the main event, cus I'm not sure what they'll have Bryan do now.

Randy Orton is finally back, so #RKOouttaNowhere can trend once more :lol:

I'm more excited for Sting/HHH now then I was before, it looks like he still has some gas left in the tank. Finally brought the bat back! No idea where he pulled it from, but I was geekin out a bit when he did.

B-oeOE-UcAAnHQT.jpg

Got to go to Raw last night at Consol Energy Center, it was a blast :rock: Bought sooo many $9 beers lol. Fuck you Consol.

ring.jpg

Pretty amazing seats, probably the best I've ever had for something that wasn't a house show or a smackdown. My phone's camera is just terrible.

paigeAJ.jpg

Pretty nice view :wub: Took a ton of pictures with my friend's camera, since she has a Galaxy S-something whatever the new one is. Lost some quality zooming all the way in.

It was a cool show though, because of where we were, I got to fistbump Roman Reigns, though I unfortunately didn't make it on the broadcast. I was sloppy drunk by that point so maybe that's for the best. I about shit my pants when they struck Bray Wyatt's chair with lightning. Wasn't expecting it at all and it was incredibly loud.

Broadcast did a great job of editing out the "this is boring" chants during Usos vs. Matadors, and the "Show retire" chants while Big Show was out there. :lol:

Got to see the Lucha Dragons in action before the show while they taped Superstars. After the show, we got a Cena vs. Wyatt dark match that was pretty good. It was funny cus at least half of the arena had left, and then their music hit and people started pouring back in.

Might post some more pics once my friend uploads them.

Edited by theMileHighGuy

So happy Lesnar is coming back for another three years. WWE is a better place with him around. Every match he has gives it a big fight feel.

I'm not the biggest Lesnar fan, admittedly, but I would def rather have him than not. He needs to wrestle more than once every couple months.

WrestleMania only a few days away. Should be good.

So I just thought of a pretty epic scenario (in my opinion)

WrestleMania this year: Rusev goes over Cena (I know won't happen but still) and Wyatt goes over Undertaker. Lesnar wins and Rollins cashes in or whatever doesn't matter as long as the title eventually goes back to a face Brock Lesnar.

Rusev eventually (still undefeated) takes the title off of Lesnar. He's unbeatable at this point. Undertaker has become an afterthought after losing to Wyatt at WrestleMania 31 but then is a complete surprise in the 2016 Royal Rumble when he returns as....the American Bad Ass.

Crowd goes crazy, Undertaker wins and this sets up Taker/Rusev for the title at WrestleMania 32 in Cowboys Stadium (Undertaker's home state and the home to America's team) setting up for the most American win ever. Undertaker takes the title off of Rusev and rides off into the sunset with a victory in his final match before surrendering the title on Raw the next night.

Also if Lesnar is a face this could eventually set up Lesnar/Wyatt or something for WrestleMania.

^ that would be pretty amazing :lol: It actually makes sense when you break it down. Unfortunately WWE doesn't do a lot of things that make logical sense anymore.

For instance, not putting matches like this on the main roster:

From the 3/25 NXT show,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4wxVwM8EHQ&feature=youtu.be

That suplex counter thing from the top rope at 1:00, holy shiiit. Love NXT.

I definitely can see the Intercontinental Championship Ladder match stealing the show at Wrestlemania. Hopefully the brass really lets them off the chain for that one. Wouldn't surprise me if they held them back as to not overshadow Lesnar/Reigns which I think could be a serious meh fest.

Edited by theMileHighGuy

^ that would be pretty amazing :lol: It actually makes sense when you break it down. Unfortunately WWE doesn't do a lot of things that make logical sense anymore.

For instance, not putting matches like this on the main roster:

From the 3/25 NXT show,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4wxVwM8EHQ&feature=youtu.be

That suplex counter thing from the top rope at 1:00, holy shiiit. Love NXT.

I definitely can see the Intercontinental Championship Ladder match stealing the show at Wrestlemania. Hopefully the brass really lets them off the chain for that one. Wouldn't surprise me if they held them back as to not overshadow Lesnar/Reigns which I think could be a serious meh fest.

MHG I'm literally watching NXT right now and that match just started.

As for the IC match I think they're going to let them do everything they can (I also thing Sheamus will be a part of it if he's not part of the Battle Royal).

• Upvote 1

Tonight is the niiiight! WrrrraaasttlleeeeMannniiiaaaa :Banana:

Card predictions:

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Think Ryback wins this. They've been pushing him, and this is all he's in.

Fatal 4-Way Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship: Kidd and Cesaro retain. Matadores taking this would be funny.

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins: Randy Wins, Seth winning doesn't push anything forward.

Ladder Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: Dolph Ziggler wins. Don't see Daniel Bryan hanging around in the IC division, and I think Dean Ambrose goes back after Rollins (or Reigns).

Paige and AJ Lee vs. The Bella Twins: This match is bullshit, title should be on the line. Fatal-4-Way would've been great.

The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt: Taker wins, not looking forward to this match >.>

United States Championship Match: I think Rusev retains. Don't see Cena stooping to U.S. Champion >.>

Sting vs. Triple H: Sting, of course. Wooooo

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match: Brock wins. Just signed the new contract, he'll be champ for a while.

Battle Royal and Tag match on the preshow... so 7 matches for 4 hours of show. I hope it's not gonna be all recap and filler BS. Got 7 or 8 people coming over tonight. Got some beer and several pounds of wings. Ready to play the wrestlemania drinking game:

wrestlemania-drinking-game1.jpg?w=650&h=

Gotta find my Wrestlemania collection unless my brother has it lol.

You would never make it out alive if you did that drinking game. lol

I just watched a clip of the Rock/Ronda Rousey team up... Obviously, I didn't watch the whole thing, but man... It being outside and what looked like in the middle of the afternoon really sucked ass, lol. And what do they do with all those folks who bought tickets in the stadium that are behind the stage / entrance? Those dudes can't see shit. Ha.

You would never make it out alive if you did that drinking game. lol.

I very nearly didn't. I have a tremendous hangover still. Added a couple rules on top of that as well.

It was a pretty good Mania... but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a bunch of problems with it.

I thought it was pretty shameful to put the battle-royal on the pre-show. It's nice to know that the WWE values Skylar Grey and Rapper No-name over the legacy of Andre the Giant.

HHH's entrance was one of the corniest things I've ever seen. I actually liked that match more than I thought I would, but the NWO and DX feud coming down to the ring took away from it I think. Also because I had to drink when a surprise legend came out :yao:

Orton/Rollins was the match of the night for me, killer finish.

They're doing this #GiveDivasAChance stuff, but don't give them a decent match, or even put the title up. Fatal 4 way would've been terrific.

I did love the end, it was about the only way to take the belt off Brock and not have them boo the house down.

They should never have Manias on the west coast.

20150330__rousey~2.JPG

Wonder if Rousey even knows who Vegeta is, or the significance of the "over 9000" phrase?

So Kevin Owens beat John Cena CLEAN in his first ever WWE match last night at Elimination Chamber. Pretty shocking honestly but this is a good sign. I'm high on Owens, the Lesnar comparisons are there in the he just looks like a bad-ass front. His entrance is Lesnar like too because it's simple and to the point.

Lesnar and Owens have to fight at some point in the next couple years. Pls.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Watching Wrestlemania in order. On to III.

Young British Bulldog was awesome. Part of the Tag Team the British Bulldogs as Davey Boy Smith.

Still sad he's been dead for almost a decade and a half now.

• Upvote 1

Steamboat/Savage at WM III is one of the best matches of all-time. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Steamboat/Savage at WM III is one of the best matches of all-time. :yep:

:ooo: Looking forward to it.

I was just recently watching some oooooold late 80s matches with The British Bulldogs... Davey Boy Smith and The Dynamite Kid. Great stuff. He was super athletic back then before the steroid craze really started.

Going to a WWE house show next Saturday at Consol. :yep:

• Upvote 1