Sarge

2015 MLB Season Thread

Annn Mets first slump ia in full flow.

Pirates are losing a lot of close games so far this season. More of those will end up wins down the road.

Stanton hit 2 home runs last night: 400 and 475 feet. My gawd... lol.

Edited by Sarge

14 runs is one way to smash a Slump.

Cubs fan banned from Wrigley Field for being hilariously dumb:

Man banned from Wrigley Field after acting like a jerk at a recent game

Some men dream of spending the day at a ball park in the summer. Chicago Cubs fan Daniel Krupa will not be allowed to live out that fantasy this year.

A judge banned Krupa from attending Wrigley Field this summer after Krupa displayed some horrid behavior at Sunday's game. Park security received a number of complaints about Krupa, who was described as being "drunk and belligerent," according to DNAInfo.com. Krupa, 20, was also found in possession of two IDs that belonged to people over the age of 21.

Once approached by park security, Krupa decided to make the situation worse for himself.

That's a pretty impressive list of charges. Krupa's ban from the park will last until his case is resolved. It's unclear how long that will take.

Krupa was charged with aggravated battery to a peace officer, criminal trespass to land, three counts of obstruction and two counts of theft, one for each ID.

He then started flailing his arms and stiffening his body so the guards couldn't remove him from the stadium, Assistant State's Attorney Erin Antonietti said during a bond hearing Monday.

Krupa then poked a security guard, an off-duty Chicago Police officer, in the chest and refused to leave, saying "You can't tell me s---. I ain't leaving," the report said.

[Check out Big League Stew on Tumblr for even more baseball awesomeness.]

Good on Wrigley Field security for taking care of this clown. While many attend baseball games to have a good time, acting like a fool and generally being a jerk should not be tolerated.

Sounds like the punishment fits the crime, in this case. That's a shame, too, because it looks like the Cubs might be playing meaninful games this September. It doesn't seem like anyone will be shedding tears if Krupa is able to make it down to the park in order to celebrate.

Havn't made any posts about the Mariners yet, but the decline in pitching has been frustrating. Iwakuma needs to be healthy, because right now only Felix, Happ, Paxton and Elias are worth starting right now. Taijuan Walker, despite being the best pitcher in all of baseball this spring with a .37 ERA is just not getting it done for me right now. I really didn't see the bullpen decline coming, though I'm hoping its just early season jitters. Nearly the same personell from last year, which was the best ERA bullpen in the league. You figured adding just a little bit more offense would turn a lot of those close losses into wins last year, and we added Nelson freaking Cruz, a candidate to win the triple crown. The addition is stellar and championship worthy, and I am still extremely optimistic especially with a wide open AL this year. But the rest of the squad has got to bring more to the table, doing what they did last year at the very least.

There are easily 5 all-stars on this team this year, and this could be the year, but the bottom of both the rotation and the lineup has quite a ways to go.

Edited by BC

Jesus that was rough to read :yao:

• Upvote 1

Let's go, Pierits. Time to get it together.

DeGrom was just pure fire, 8IP 1Hit 0 walks or runs conceded and 11Ks.

Indians are finally winning games. Granted it is against bad teams. But we couldn't beat those teams earlier in the year.

McCutchen is heating up. He's definitely over the knee issue. :towel:

Some notes as we have reached Memorial Day:

AL

- IMO, the Astros are legitimate. They're probably going to make the playoffs, and they might even win the AL West. Their bullpen is one of the best in the league, their rotation is very good, and their lineup isn't the greatest, but it's good enough.

- The Twins, however, aren't going to be sticking around. Tigers are just too good top to bottom, and I really just don't see the Twins sticking around. They've been pitching above their heads. By the time the All-Star break rolls around, I expect the Tigers to have a comfortable lead in the AL Central.

- The AL East is going to be a dog fight. I could see any of the teams taking that division, but my money would be on the Rays due to their pitching, or maybe the Blue Jays if they can upgrade theirs. Losing Stroman hurt them this year.

NL

- The NL seems more clear cut at the top. The Nationals are definitely going to win the NL East with ease. They are legitimate WS contenders. Their starting rotation is one of the best in baseball and Bryce Harper has finally arrived. They're doing all of this while Strasburg pitches like shit, which won't last much longer.

Speaking of the NL East, the Mets also have one of the top rotations in baseball. But their lineup is really, really bad. If they could bring in a few bats at the deadline, they could easily compete for a wildcard. But they need help, fast. They may not be able to wait too much longer to make a move. No matter what, though, the days of lolMets are over. Sandy Alderson has built pitching depth that can take the Mets far, especially after this year if they can get some bats.

- As I predicted, losing Wainwright doesn't really hurt the Cards that much. Jason Heyward was a great acquisition for them, and they can still pitch. The Cubs are definitely playing as advertised this year. Their rotation is really good, and of course they now have a pretty good lineup as well. They're more than likely going to get one of the wildcards in the NL. The Pirates got off to a slow start, especially with McCutchen's ankle injury. But their starting rotation has been very good all year, and the bats are starting to come alive. Jung-ho Kang was a pretty good itnernational signing. He's becoming an everyday hitter in this lineup. Starling Marte has quietly been one of the better hitters in the NL for a year now. Harrison is getting going, Alvarez looks good, and Polanco is going through some growing pains, but he very well could enter the fold as a productive hitter soon enough.

- The Giants could overtake the Dodgers in the NL West, but I just really doubt it. The Dodgers are so stacked in every way imaginable. The Giants are going to have to settle for a wildcard, which they very well may get. They'll be competing with the Cubs, Pirates, and maybe the Mets if they get some bats.

• Upvote 1

I tend to agree with you about the Twins' pitching, but I'm thrilled to see Dozier and Plouffe playing so well, overall. I think the Twins will be in most games if these two keep playing so well. And let's not overlook 39 year old Torii Hunter. Already knocking on 30 RBIs.

This team is built for the future (Hunter is a grest mentor for guys like Hicks, Arcia, Buxton, etc.).

Edited by BwareDWare94

Let's go, Pierits. Time to get it together.

6-0 since I posted this. Muchas gracias. :towel:

Syndergaard is ridiculous, after a shakeup first game. He has settled in well and showing how good he is with the bat as well.

He hit a 431ft HR, longest of the day and longest by a pitcher. Thor literally putting the hammer down.

BC is so dumb. Thinks the Yankees should change closers when Andrew Miller has been great. I know all about Dellin Betances. He's a monster, but you don't make a change when things are working.

Am I right or is Church?

You never change closers if the closer is pitching well.

Thank you.

The 8th inning guy is just as important as the closer.

The 8th inning guy is just as important as the closer.

Slighty disagree. Betances is masterful in that role and doesn't need to close however.

Yea, I mean it's great to have 2 guys capable of being a closer. Just makes your bullpen that much better, you know? But when the guy you have in the 9th now is doing a good job, you leave him there.

Another scoreless 8th and 9th from Betances and Miller. The Yankees should try something else. :smug:

• Upvote 1

Cody Allen is a shit closer. Also Trevor Bauer is finally living up to some hype.

https://vine.co/v/ehmWXEZbMr1 awesome reaction from that kid when McCutchen gives them his batting gloves.

Also, the Pirates ave won 9 of their last 12. :towel:

Who would of thought Bartolo Colon would be the first NL pitcher to get 8 wins this season?

Honestly I don't think I've seen him pitch anywhere near this well to start a season. He is on point with his delivery and location and consistently helping his own cause with his batting with that RBI double.