Sarge

2015 MLB Season Thread

Mets down 0-2, but I like their chances with Syndergawd on the hill in game 3 at home.

My hatred for the Mets isn't what it used to be. At this point I want the Mets to win 2 of 3 in NY so we get a 6- or 7-game series ending in KC.

I still believe that in series like this you aren't totally in trouble until you lose a home game. Needless to say, the Mets can not afford to lose this next game especially.

Mets down 0-2, but I like their chances with Syndergawd on the hill in game 3 at home.

I still believe that in series like this you aren't totally in trouble until you lose a home game. Needless to say, the Mets can not afford to lose this next game especially.

Agreed on both these points. Just gotta shut down that K.C. lineup for sure.

I can't believe Alex Anthopoulos left Toronto... this is going to throw a wrench in signing plans for sure now. Worst part is that he was named MLB executive of the year today.

Edited by BigBen07

Huge game tonight :panic:

Syndergawd :smug:

Yo, Syndergard challenged the Royals team to fight him on the mound if they got problems. Dude is legit.

• Upvote 2

If the Mets win game 4, I thin they go on to win it all. Harvey, deGrom and Syndergaard, I like my chances best 2 out of 3 with those guys.

• Upvote 1

Saw the highlights from last night...jesus the Mets fielding has been atrocious all series from what I've seen.

And so ends another season of MLB. Great job, Royals. :yep:

Tommy Hanson, the hard-throwing right-hander whose major league career was sidetracked by injury and personal loss, died Monday night after slipping into a coma in Atlanta, a person close to Hanson confirmed to USA TODAY Sports.

The person requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation.

Hanson, 29, suffered "catastrophic organ failure" on Monday, according to WSB-TV in Atlanta, and had been hospitalized since early Sunday morning.

Hanson, a 6-6, 220-pounder known for his amiable personality, last pitched in the major leagues in 2013 with the Los Angeles Angels. He spent nearly a month away from the club that year as he coped with the sudden death of his stepbrother.

He finished third in National League Rookie of the Year voting in 2009, when he won 11 games and posted a 2.89 earned-run average. Shoulder discomfort bothered him as recently as 2010, and limited him to just 22 starts in 2011.

While Hanson made 31 starts and won 13 games for the Braves in 2012, they traded him to the Los Angeles Angels that off-season for reliever Jordan Walden. When his stepbrother passed away that spring, Hanson took six days off from the team, made one start, and then realized he needed more time away to mourn.

He returned to the Angels three weeks later.

"I was having mental issues with the death of my younger brother,” Hanson, then 26, told reporters then. "I was just trying to get through it. I didn’t know how to handle it.

"That was the first time anything like that had ever happened to me. I didn’t know how to cope with it.”

He made 13 starts for the Angels in 2013, and made his final major league appearance, a relief outing, on Sept. 28.

Hanson signed with the Texas Rangers in February 2014 only to be released a month later. In another attempt at a comeback, he signed with the Chicago White Sox in April 2014 and spent the season in the minors before an injury cut his season short. He was granted his free agency after the season.

In May, Hanson signed a minor league deal with the San Francisco Giants and appeared for their Class A and AAA teams in San Jose and San Francisco.

In five major league seasons, four with the Braves, Hanson went 49-35 with a 3.80 ERA.

R.I.P sad stuff :(

Just awful.

Royals pitcher Kris Medlen, a former Braves teammate, was broken up over the death of his friend and fellow Californian Tommy Hanson, calling it “the worst day of my life.” Later in the day Tuesday, Medlen expressed his feelings in a text message to the AJC's David O'Brien. “Anyone who knows me knows how much Thomas J. Hanson Jr. meant to me,” he said. “I also feel bad for anyone who didn’t get a chance to know the man. He was the kindest, most loyal person I’ve ever met. He loved his family more than anything in the world, and his friends felt like family when around them. He was not ‘like’ a brother to me, he was my brother and I’m going to miss him so much.”