Sarge

2015 MLB Season Thread

Bartolo is off to a stupidly good start. 3-0, Era of 2:34 and two RBIs. I'm not used to see Colon start so well. Hopefully he can continue this form.

7 wins in a row is a hella nice streak to be on.The worry of the bats would be a no show hasn't materialized and DeGrom showing how much of a God he is. Nice start to the season by the Mets.

It's early, but sweeping the Brewers is always nice.

Going for the sweep on the Reds tonight. Our pitching has been pretty insane so far.. I hope it lasts.. :shifty:

Well the Brooms were out at Citifield for a lovely sweep of the Marlins. The dark knight was out in force even playing I'll and the bats flew.

Famillia scares the shit out of me though.

SWEEP.

Waino - 3 starts, 21 innings, 1.29 ERA
Lynn - 2 starts, 11 innings, 1.64 ERA
Lackey - 2 starts, 13 innings, 2.77 ERA
Wacha - 2 starts, 13.1 innings, 1.35 ERA
Martinez - 2 starts, 13 innings, 2.08 ERA

Bullpen - 28.2 innings, 1.91 ERA

:wub:

If only it could stay this good.

Anyone read about Bryan Price's rage induced rant? Lol. This is part of the transcript. They said they would release audio, but have since become spineless cowards and may not release it.

Instead of lashing out at his team's offensive woes, bullpen blowups or the cards dealt to him by his general manager, Price went off on the media.

Upset by the accurate reports that All-Star catcher Devin Mesoraco was not with the team for Sunday's game in St. Louis, Price went on a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade in his daily session with reporters.

The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.

What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Bryan Price (BP): Can I ask you a question?

C. Trent Rosecrans (CTR): Sure

BP: I don't understand what the importance is for everybody to know if we have a player that's not here. We don't benefit from the other teams knowing we don't have a player. It does — you don't have to be a Reds fan, but it doesn't help us if our opponents know who is here and who isn't. That's what I want to know.

CTR: Well, as a fan, I'm wondering, here's a spot for Devin Mesoraco, why isn't he there?

BP: Where was the spot?

CTR: As a pinch-hitter? He's an All-Star with 25 home runs last year, I know I asked if it was a left-handed bat thing, you said no.

BP: I don't get it. It's, you know, look, I don't need you guys to be fans of the Reds, I just need to know if there's something we want to keep here, it stays here. We don't need to know that Tucker Barnhart's in the f****** airport when we haven't spoken to Kyle Skipworth. I think we owe that f******* kid the right to be called and told that he's going to be sent down as opposed to reading that Tucker Barnhart is on his way from Louisville. I just... I don't get it. I don't get why it's got to be this way. Has it always been this way where we just tell f****** everybody everything? So every f****** opponent we have has to know exactly what we have. Which f****** relievers are available, which guys are here and which guys aren't here, when they can play, and what they can do. It's nobody's f****** business. It's certainly not the opponent's business. We have to deal with this f****** b*******.

I like to talk — and I have spoken as candidly as I can with you people, if that's not good enough, I won't say a f******thing. I'll go, 'yes sir, no sir.' And I can do that. But f***, I've been as candid as I can f****** be about this team and our players, and we've got to deal with this s***, every f****** team that we f****** play has to know every f****** guy that's here and what they can and can't do? F*** me. It's a f****** disgrace. I'm f****** sick of this s***. It's f****** hard enough to f****** win here to have f****** every f****** opponent know exactly what the f*** we bring to the table every day. It's f****** horse****. I don't like it. It's what I'm saying. To make it very clear, I don't like the way that this s***'s going — at all. I don't like it. I don't think you guys need to know everything. And I certainly don't think you need to see something and tweet it out there and make it a f****** world event. How the f*** do we benefit from them knowing we don't have Devin Mesoraco? How do we benefit from that? They benefit from it. I just want to know how we benefit from these f****** people know we don't have a player here. Can you answer that? How is that good for the Reds?

CTR: I don't know…

BP: Yeah, well it's making my job f****** harder.

CTR: I'm sure it is.

BP: Well, thank you. I don't know if that's what we're supposed to do. Are we supposed to f****** open up everything here for everybody to know all the f****** time? That's all I want to know, what your expectations are, because f*** me. If I've got f****** to tell these guys, we gotta go out there and they know we don't have f****** Devin Mesoraco, what f****** benefit is that to me as a manager? And our team to win a f****** game?

CTR: He hasn't been there for a week-and-a-half

BP: I just want an answer on how we benefit from them knowing that Devin Mesoraco isn't here.

CTR: I don't think you do and I don't know that that's my job.

BP: Your job is not to sniff out every f****** thing is about the Reds and f****** put it out there for every other f****** guy to hear. It's not your job. You want me to be candid with you? I've been candid with you. I f****** talk to you guys like men, I tell you what the f***'s going on with the team, I tell you how I'm feeling as candidly as I can and then this s***? You've got to watch this f****** s***? I've got to f****** read that on a f****** Tweet on our own people in here that we don't have a f****** player? How the f*** does that benefit the Reds? It doesn't benefit us one f****** bit. God **** we try to go out there and win f****** games and I got to come in here and then you guys f****** blow it all over the f****** place? Who we can play? Who we can't? I'll tell you what you want to know, I'm not going to f****** lie to you. I didn't tell you f****** s***.

CTR: You did not lie to me and I appreciate it.

BP: Ah, f***. I'm just, I'm f****** p****** up a rope in this f****** business. Because everyone has to know everything all the f****** time. That's not my f****** obligation, it's not their obligation. You know why f****** Billy Hamilton didn't f****** play? The other day? Because his f****** finger's hurt and he couldn't hit right-handed comfortably. Right? So that's something that I need to know and no one else needs to know. No one else needs to f****** know it, and all of a sudden it's out there. His f****** fingers are sore. It doesn't benefit us. It wasn't from you, but it doesn't benefit us one bit to f****** announce to the f****** other teams that we're playing to bring in lefties when they need to f****** get Billy out. There's no benefit. So, I'm f******, to be honest with you, I'm f****** sick of this s***. I'm sick of listening to this f****** s***, I'm sick of f****** the f****** second-guessing b*******, you guys can do whatever the f*** you want, but I'll tell you this — I'm not going to f****** tell you everything about this f****** club, because you f****** guys are going to out there and sniff it out anyway. I don't f****** like it one f****** bit. I bend over backwards to be honest and direct with you f****** guys and you stick it right up my f****** a** — and the f****** team's a**. And I'm sick of it. What do you got? If you don't got anything, get out and I'll do this f****** interview with Marty. You don't have anything? Just get out, please.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

God DAMN, Bryan Price, y u so shook tho?

It's like 7 games in and the Reds frustration is boiling over.

It's way too early to panic in a 162 game season. ha

In the long run, April means very little in the grand scheme of MLB season.

this is why you have to pay attention to the action, especially when you're that close, hope she's alright

EDIT: replacing a dead video

Edited by oochymp

Yea my boi Gee fucked up the Braves again. Hopefully the streak continues under Colon now.

Edit: 11 in a motherfucking row, I don't care how early season this is awesome.

Edited by Bangy

The season is officially over. Time to commit myself fully too football.

Cards are still a really deep team. I know as a Pirates fan that they are always going to be a threat.

This does make the Central pretty interesting though.

Ya. We will still be competitive. Probably finish fine... I am wondering who they will call up to replace him, because the guy who was fighting CMart for the 5th spot (Marco Gonzalez) is on the DL down in the minors right now so this could get really interesting. Every 5th game just got that much weaker for us.Doesn't help that Yadi has been out the last couple days.. Doesn't help that Heyward left todays game after pulling something in his groin.

Ugh... Don't think either of those guys will miss considerable time, but still. One punch landing after another. I don't know if we have the stamina and will to take punches like Ali and still come out on top.

One day at aa time though... We shall see.

Lackey allowed 11 hits and 4 runs against the Phillies. I think maybe it's time he retired lol. :(

The fact you guys didn't score at least 5 is kind of embarrassing...

Glad to see Gee pitching an absolute Gem last night. Mets bats are still live at any point of the game too. April is early but I'll take 15-5 to start the season.

5andBartol0 please

Felix trolling Adrian Beltre from the dugout always gets me. Apparently they are best friends http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/04/29/121252130/adrian-beltre-falls-victim-to-the-fickle-impulses-of-a-baseball-misses-a-bouncing-hit?adbid=939010349463938&adbpl=fb&adbpr=196554717042842&partnerId=as_mlb_20150429_44874946&short_code=2wa8w

Also, let's give it up for some breakout players.

Nolan Arenado. 3B Rockies. 296 avg, 38 total bases already.

Juerys Familia CL Mets. 9 saves, .66 whip

Steven Vogt. C/1B/DH Athletics. 355 avg, 39 total bases.

Anthony DeSclafani. SP Reds. 1.04 ERA 4 starts .77 whip

Jose Iglesias. SS Tigers. 379 avg, 32 total bases

Devon Travis. 2B Blue Jays. 356 avg. 6 HRs 17 Rs

Nori Aoki. OF Giants. 306 avg. 6 SB

Edited by BC
  • Upvote 1

Well April is in the books. Pirates went 12-10 for the month. That's honestly about what I expected. Starting pitching looked great most games. Bullpen looked shaky at times. Lineup wasn't very good overall especially McCutchen.

New month now though.

I still have the baseball channels from being a Center Ice subscriber. :notbad:

I am not surprised at the Jays pitching... it is bad.

On the plus side, as BC mentioned, Devon Travis is off to a great start.

On the flip side the Mets pitching has been incredible to start the season, the Dark Knight shut out the Nats for Kiev the second time this season.

Familia is looking more and more confident on the mound as he goes too which is nice.