Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NFL Combine Thread

Measurable for offensive linemen up already:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RGHSyEaTSfI_V6-yzBT3Ln4MWZtwIRX2EzDnfqU7n_c/edit?pli=1#gid=243121993

I'm at work right now, so I'm just posting stuff I see. Notables:

A.J. Cann - 6'4, 313, 32 5/8, 10 1/4
T.J. Clemmings - 6'5, 309, 35 1/8, 10 3/8
La'El Collins - 6'4, 305, 33 1/4, 10 3/8
Cameron Erving - 6'5, 313, 34 1/8th, 10 3/8
D.J. Humphries - 6'5, 307, 33 5/8, 10
Cedric Ogbuehi - 6'5, 306, 35 7/8, 10
Andrus Peat - 6'7, 313, 34 3/8, 10 5/8

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Want to look out for an interior Dlineman. Watch Arik Armstead. Dudes a monster and quick as hell on the inside just ran a nice 40 too

D-Line group was a funny and competitive group of dudes. Really loved watching them get after the on field drills.

The LB group was horrible today.

Paul Dawson looked like he hasn't worked out since the season ended.

Edited by butta55

The LB group was horrible today.

Paul Dawson looked like he hasn't worked out since the season ended.

Yeah I saw a PFT article about him

Top linebacker Paul Dawson disappoints at the Combine
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 22, 2015, 2:51 PM EST

pauldawson.jpeg?w=250

TCU’s Paul Dawson entered the Scouting Combine widely viewed as a very good prospect, and perhaps the best linebacker in the 2015 NFL draft. He’s leaving the Combine with some questions about his athleticism.

Dawson ran a 4.93-second 40-yard dash, far slower than expected, and he also had just a 28-inch vertical jump and 9-foot-1 broad jump. Those wouldn’t even be good numbers if Dawson were a big and powerful run-stuffer, but Dawson is only 230 pounds. If you want to play linebacker in the NFL and you only weigh 230 pounds, you’d better be fast. And now we know that Dawson isn’t fast.

NFL Network’s Mike Mayock said on the broadcast of the Combine that he was surprised by Dawson’s time because Dawson looks on tape like he’s faster than that.

“This was the guy I thought was the best 4-3 will linebacker in the draft, and he ran a 4.9, which stunned me. But his instincts and quickness, I mean, he was just phenomenal on tape,” Mayock said. “If you watch his tape against Minnesota, it’s as good a linebacker tape as I’ve seen in years.”

Considering that Dawson has already admitted he was “tardy a lot” and would routinely show up late to workouts at TCU, the fact that he either couldn’t or wouldn’t get himself in good shape for the Combine has to be considered a red flag. Dawson will still have a Pro Day workout to do better, and maybe some team will like his tape enough to take him in the first round despite the bad workout numbers. But Dawson’s stock has surely dropped today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/22/top-linebacker-paul-dawson-disappoints-at-the-combine/

Sounds like he has a questionable work ethic and didn't even prepare for the combine.

So, guys, Dante Fowler isn't totally gonna be Derrick Harvey 2.0, right?

Right?!

After watching some Paul Dawson interviews I do have a bad feeling about him. You can tell he isn't the most high character prospect in this draft. I'm interested to see what happens after this bad combine because the LB class is trash. I like some guys better than him, but seems as if the scouts are all in on Dawson being way better than the rest so we will see how far he falls.

DaMontre Moore imploded the combine and dropped into the second round after people said he should be the #1 pick (lol), so we have seen this before and seem to see it every year.

I liked Dupree over the others before the combine and love him now. Fowler running 4.6 was really disappointing to me. But he might just be a game speed type of guy. Gregory didn't impress me running 4.6 when he only weighs 235lb. Vic Beasley might be on steroids. And Eli Harold ran well, but still looks awkward doing it. Shane Ray will leap frog all these guys with a 40 time below 4.5

Edited by butta55

Dante Fowler may of done enough to be the first defensive guy taken.

Dante Fowler may of done enough to be the first defensive guy taken.

I'd be very surprised if any defensive player is taken ahead of Leonard Williams. Williams is an athletic freak and has the versatility to play all over the d-line and still be successful at getting after the quarterback. He's a rare talent.

• Upvote 1

I really like Danny Shelton a lot. His combine numbers were pretty so-so, but his energy is great and what tape I've seen of him is impressive. He also seems like a really high-character good dude. Depending on the team, I could see him being the first defenseman off the board. The power in his lower body is crazy, but if you look at his legs its no surprise.

Think La'el Collins will be there at 28? I know we'll be taking a lineman in the first round, and I like Collins' edge and tenacity. He can also start at either guard position day one, and with some footwork development he'll be a fine RT. I like Cam Erving as a day 2 pick as well. He's versatile enough to play everywhere but LT which is a big plus, and he moves quite well and would be a nice fit since we're going back to the ZBS.

Gerod Holliman might be one of the worst tacklers I've ever seen, but his range and ball-skills are spectacular. We'll likely be looking for a replacement for Rahim Moore, and I think Holliman may be an interesting prospect once NFL coaches get ahold of him. I like Damarious Randall in the later rounds too, looking forward to their combines.

Edited by theMileHighGuy

Loved me some Byron when I put on film. Jesus that man is athletic.

Trae Waynes ran a 4.32 :ooo: Beastly

Trae Waynes ran a 4.32 :ooo: Beastly

Waynes just put himself in the top 15 coversation. Trust and believe

I'd be very surprised if any defensive player is taken ahead of Leonard Williams. Williams is an athletic freak and has the versatility to play all over the d-line and still be successful at getting after the quarterback. He's a rare talent.

Agreed.

And Malcom Brown looks good too - he can play any position on the Dline and is a run stuffer with some athleticism for a big guy and gets into the backfield with regularity.

Looks like he will be there abouts for Texans. God knows JJ still needs help.

Edited by Wattafan

Agreed.

And Malcom Brown looks good too - he can play any position on the Dline and is a run stuffer with some athleticism for a big guy and gets into the backfield with regularity.

Looks like he will be there abouts for Texans. God knows JJ still needs help.

Yeah he's been a popular name among Texans fans. I haven't studied Malcom Brown just yet, but just based on others' opinions he sounds like a player the Texans should definitely consider at #16.

What's Trae Wayne's ceiling in the NFL? Also who's his best comp?

His ceiling could be All-Pro

His best comp and I'm being serious....is Darrelle Revis

Now before I get jumped on for that comment, this is me looking at Revis coming out of college. The huge IF with Waynes is if he can become the student of the game that Revis became which took his coverage to another level.

As far as why I say Revis...because Waynes was basically a matchup corner. He would lock on to whichever target they asked and he would go man to man majority of the game. He presses up, but rarely jams at the line of scrimmage unless he has to. He does a mirror or shadow technique in which he just follows the receivers, then if it starts going vertical, he checks his man and pins him to the sideline...gets his head around to see the ball...makes a play. Now when Waynes wants to jam he can really re-direct receivers when he wants to, but his ability to lock horns all game, as well as be versatile enough to play zone looks like Revis.

Waynes ran a 4.35, Revis had a 4.38. Waynes is a little taller, but Revis is heavier. Hopefully Waynes gets up to about 195lbs and the comp is very favorable.