Favre4Ever

2015 NFL Mock Draft Discussion Thread

It's that time of year again, gentlemen! Inhale that deep cold February air -- feel it grasp at your lungs and let it burn. The NFL Draft is readily upon us once more and you know what that means... Worthless 40 yard dash times, heavily coached interviews, scripted pro days, and the full 7 round TGP Mock Draft. If you want to Wonderlic your opponents and fellow GMs into oblivion, you've come to the right spot!

We here at TGP have run this activity for going on something crazy like 5 years now, and it's personally one of my favorite parts of not only the off season around TGP but one of my favorite parts in the entirety of the season.

If you are new to the site or haven't participated before, let me tell you how it works. You and other members will take on the responsibility of becoming the GM for any team in the league you desire. You will then await your teams turn in the draft order and at that time take the best available player for your team, according to nobody but yourself.

We use the official NFL draft order including all previously established trades between NFL teams. For example, if you decide to take on the job of Buffalo Bills GM, your first round pick will actually belong to the Cleveland Browns thanks to the trade up during the 2014 NFL Draft to select WR Sammy Watkins.

This thread will serve as the sign-up for that process.

Last year we started on March 16th and finished on April 26th -- a little over 6 weeks, and we still beat the draft by about 10 days. It was the smoothest and most successful TGP Mock Draft that we ever ran and I challenge you all to mimic last years success.

This year, the draft is coming about a week earlier than it did last year -- starting April 30th opposed to May 8th, so we will have to set our schedule accordingly. I aim to start this up about a week earlier than we did last year, so around March 8th, give or take a few days.

I will also be in need of some help, as well. Whether it be editing the thread with selections or keeping track of who is on the clock or allowing yourself to be used as a proxy. All of those positions, if you are interested, are able to be signed up for in this thread as well. All extra help is EXTREMELY appreciated, as it simply is not practical for one person to run something like this for 6 weeks alone. In the past, guys like BLUE, Oochy, Sarge, & House among others have filled these roles perfectly (no pressure)! Thank you all so much.

Please Note:
This process is a long one and requires a certain level of dedication and commitment. As stated previously, this is a full 7 round draft with a lot of time being spent on waiting for each other to find time to log in and make selections that spans the course of over a month and a half.

At the very least, you need to be constantly aware of how many picks are in between the current selection and your next pick. Logging in multiple times a day, especially in rounds 1 & 2 is almost a must -- even if it's only for 60 seconds to check on the progress of the picks.

Even if you can't do that, there is still hope for you! As long as you look at prospects ahead of time, you can send your selection to one of our proxy selectors and they will make the pick in your absence, if need be. If you plan on missing time, I highly encourage you to use those tools to make the process as quick and easy for not only yourself, but for the other GMs as well.

If you can't handle these obligations, please consider not signing up. But in all honesty, regardless of situation, there is really little excuse to keep you out of this game. If you have questions or comments regarding your availability or if you want advice on participating -- feel free to ask and we shall guide you to the light.

TL/DR Version:
Sign ups are OPEN. Please limit yourself to one team until further notice. Most of us usually get a 2nd team, but those won't be available for maybe a week or so. A thread with the full draft order and rules will be created and added at a later time, probably much closer to the start date.

Current Sign-Ups:

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Bucman
2. Tennessee Titans -- Air

3. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Campin

4. Oakland Raiders -- Charles
5. Washington Redskins -- Vin

6. New York Jets -- Bangy

7. Chicago Bears -- Butta
8. Atlanta Falcons -- Fart
9. New York Giants -- Bucman

10. St. Louis Rams -- Cherry
11. Minnesota Vikings -- Favre4Ever

12. Cleveland Browns -- Trident

13. New Orleans Saints -- MOTM

14. Miami Dolphins -- Campin

15. San Francisco 49ers -- Bay

16. Houston Texans -- Fart

17. San Diego Chargers -- Bjorn

18. Kansas City Chiefs -- Dmac

19. Buffalo Bills -- Razor

20. Philadelphia Eagles -- Stevo

21. Cincinnati Bengals -- Cherry

22. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Bangy
23. Detroit Lions -- Dmac

24. Arizona Cardinals -- Mile

25. Carolina Panthers -- Thanatos
26. Baltimore Ravens -- Razor

27. Dallas Cowboys -- Vin

28. Denver Broncos -- Mile

29. Indianapolis Colts -- Butta

30. Green Bay Packers -- Favre4Ever

31. Seattle Seahawks -- BC

32. New England Patriots -- Air

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

:Bears:

I'll also volunteer as a proxy since I'm here all the time

I'll take the Titans unless Ooch or any other Titans fan wants to have them. I've had them the past few years, so if they want to take their turn with it I'll take a team that's left once sign-ups end.

I can help keep the thread updated or whatever if need be.

Edited by .AirMcNair.

Been a few years since I did this, but I'll give it another go and take the Eagles.

:yep:

Christine Michael is on the trade block for a 4th round draft pick

Edited by BC

First person to avoid taking their favorite team and picking a secondary one.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

:Redskins:

I will wait until it fills up more and if I'm absolutely needed, will take any team remaining.

The random number generator told me to take the Bills.

IT WILL BE DONE.

• Upvote 1

DRAFT TIME BOIZ, GIMME THE JETS

I will wait until it fills up more and if I'm absolutely needed, will take any team remaining.

Me too

Bay and BJORN, we definitely won't fill up all 32 teams with different people.. If you want a team, go ahead and picl one. Id feel bad if I open up 2nd picks and you guys all of a sudden have nothing.

Bungles + I'll help do any proxy picks

Rams if they don't get anyone.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Bay and BJORN, we definitely won't fill up all 32 teams with different people.. If you want a team, go ahead and picl one. Id feel bad if I open up 2nd picks and you guys all of a sudden have nothing.

Feel bad half-assing it all these years. Don't put in the effort researching like some do.

I wouldn't mind at all if you wanted to take a 2nd team before me. This is why I say I'll do if absolutely necessary. :yep:

Fair enough, thank you for being honest. :yep:

I don't know enough about the prospects but I'm happy to help as a proxy again

• Upvote 1

Can I make an objection?

Eightnine, you do this every year. You sign up. You disappear, and then we are looking for someone to take over your team anyway.

I don't run this. But to me you aren't active enough to competently manage a team. Maybe if you shared the duties with someone else...but I don't think you should be running a team by yourself.