Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Eagles Trade LeSean McCoy to Buffalo For Kiko Alonso

Eagles are making splashes in the kiddie pool. =O

Doug Whaley has no idea what he's doing.

Edited by blotsfan

Doug Whaley has no idea what he's doing.

Yeah but LeSean and he both went to Pitt, so... yeah...

It takes Chip Kelly for the Bills to finally win a trade.

Interesting as hell. Kiko was a beast his rookie year. Feels like this will work out badly for Buffalo. Watch Kiko become a perennial All pro.

I could see this trade working out for both sides in all honesty. Eagles fill a huge need while saving cap space. They will need it in free agency to fill holes they can't fill through the draft after they trade all their picks to move up for Mariota.

Bills get a dynamic RB, and probably won't miss Kiko that much in Rex's defense.

Unlikely. It makes sense for Philly from a financial stand point but you just traded away a Top 5 RB and talent on your team for a LB who has played one season, didn't play at all last year and hasn't shown anything on his reconstructed knee.

High risk with not really much reward for the Eagles, IMO. Again, the positives are the money and potentially the length of their careers. Shady probably has 2... maybe 3 good years left. Kiko might go another decade but also might not make it beyond his rookie deal depending on how he comes back from the injury. Talent-wise it's a pretty clear and decisive victory for Buffalo.

• Upvote 1

If Kiko returns to pre-injury form, or even close to that production, it's a no-brainer win for the Iggles IMO.

If Kiko returns to pre-injury form, or even close to that production, it's a no-brainer win for the Iggles IMO.

Nah, he has to be better than that, I believe. It's a big if anyway. Not only that but I'd be awfully worried about re-injury as well.

I honestly can't think of a player in the last two or three years who hasn't come back from an ACL the same or better than they were before. ACLs aren't shit nowadays.

Chris Harris Jr and Von Miller both tore one and came back with their best seasons to date. AP, Revis... I'm sure some haven't, but it's not a career ender anymore.

Jake Long comes to mind immediately.

Alonso will probably come back from the ACL just fine, but his rookie season was a tad overrated, in my opinion. In terms of talent, Buffalo wins this trade without question, and despite the (legitimate) concerns about running back value/durability, McCoy is only 27.

Let's not forget where Alonso went to college...

Alonso will probably come back from the ACL just fine, but his rookie season was a tad overrated, in my opinion. In terms of talent, Buffalo wins this trade without question, and despite the (legitimate) concerns about running back value/durability, McCoy is only 27.

Let's not forget where Alonso went to college...

If I've learned anything since this news broke it's gaining awareness for how overrated his rookie year really was. Don't think he was bad or anything, but... He had a couple solid performances with lots of, " Im just kinda here " games.

This is all a conspiracy. Vin got tired of everyone saying TGP is dead as fuck, so he pulled his #lerminaughty strings to make this trade happen so TGP would buzz with activity for a few days.

Vin has been outed. Confirmed. :cigar:

• Upvote 2

Everyone is analyzing the Eagles side of this, but can we talk about what Shady is going to do in Buffalo?

Everyone is analyzing the Eagles side of this, but can we talk about what Shady is going to do in Buffalo?

Can LeSean play quarterback?

Runningback is the most easily replaceable position in the league. McCoy has had a great line in a system where runningbacks excel. Now he has a shitty line in who knows what offense. Not to mention he makes approx 9 million more than Kiko. This trade is horrendous.

• Upvote 2

The shock has worn off a bit after a couple drinks. This was definitely a stunner coming home from work and going to nfl.com. I didn't quite comprehend what I was reading for like the first 4-5 seconds before I spazzed out in disbelief. However, this is the reality and here is what I think about it..now.

As of right now, I'm at ease with this trade. RBs come a dime a dozen nowadays but I do realize that McCoy is special. I love McCoy and he is definitely a top RB in the league. However, he's turning 27 and had a down year and wasn't nearly as effective for us. I do believe McCoy can still ball and be a great RB but in this case, I think getting rid of him a year early is better than a year late. He wasn't nearly as elusive last year and did poorly after contact which is what his game is all about. I made a post about it the end of last year: http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/69703-top-10-rb/page-8&do=findComment&comment=2542545

When I look at the pros, we cleared 9 million in cap space (after subtracting Kiko's cap hit) and got a young stud linebacker with much potential for years to come. McCoy is due like 25 mil over the next two years while Kiko is only 1.7 mil. In 2 years McCoy will be on the decline while Kiko could possibly be hitting his prime. Longevity wise, I think it's a great move as far as Kiko's potential and definitely financially. The only risk is Kiko's health in my opinion.

As far as replacing McCoy's production, there is no answer for that at this moment. When we got rid of Desean, the Eagles rode the bank with Maclin. No doubt we are going to need more than Sproles and Polk. However, there are some free agent RBs on the market and still the draft to come. Obviously Chip believes he can replace McCoy's production or be fine without it and I'm going to hang my hat on that until it fails. Also, seeing as though we have Kiko, Demeco Ryans is most likely gone and that will free up about 7 million more in cap space I think. So, something else to keep an eye on is any other free agent signing we make that we wouldn't have been able to make with McCoy on the roster. A move like that would be a direct result of this trade.

So the dominoes aren't quite over yet in regards to this trade. The Eagles have a lot more freedom now because of it and will be able to make tons of moves now and I believe the Eagles may make a splash or two with over 50 million dollars in cap space. If the Eagles were to land Suh or Revis, does that equalize or better the move? So until the dust has settled, I can't say this is bad trade. If Kiko can regain his rookie form and stay healthy, that's a huge win instantly and for years to come when you consider the RB lifespan.

Edited by Dutch