Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Cowboys Replace Murray With McFadden

*smashes the fail horn*

^Nah. I'm hearing the deal is pretty cheap so I like it. Not much to lose, but a lot to gain.

Cowboys fans laughing at us and they sign Darren McFragile :yao:

That's because you overpaid for an injury prone back with a decent O-Line.

We got McFadden cheap (not confirmed yet) with arguably the best O-line in the game. Come see me at the end of the season when McFadden has more rushing yards than Murray. :smug:

Cowboys fans laughing at us and they sign Darren McFragile :yao:

McFadden is guaranteed $200K. Murray, about $20 million more than that.

lolEagles

Low risk, potentially high reward. It's more likely he plays a few games, gets about 400 yards and gets hurt, but that's just me.

Don't get me wrong. If healthy, I believe McFadden could be a top back in this league but he can't stay healthy.

The base value of Darren McFadden's two-year deal in Dallas is just $3 million.

The number was originally reported at nearly $6 million. McFadden got a $200,000 signing bonus -- even less than 2014 practice squad RB Ryan Williams -- and won't be assured a roster spot in camp. The Cowboys reportedly viewed McFadden as a "home-run hitting backup" before they signed him. He isn't a home-run hitter at all anymore, and will add very little to Dallas' run game.
Source: ESPN Dallas

I like Dallas NOT throwing huge money at Murray. McFadden's deal is very team friendly that could play out big for them IF he can stay healthy. Dallas' OL is very good and could possibly just plug-and-play a RB and find success.

Not to mention, this draft class for RBs is very deep. I think it's fairly obvious that they are looking to the draft for Murray's replacement.

Dallas is continuing to play it smart. I'm definitely impressed and that's coming from someone that has always hated the Cowboys. lol

The Cowboys will be fine. They can draft someone in the 5th round to replace Murray if they want, no problem.

The Cowboys will be fine. They can draft someone in the 5th round to replace Murray if they want, no problem.

A bit random but... Of the league's Top 10 rushers in 2014, there were more UDFAs than 1st round selections.

• Upvote 1