Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Rand Paul Announces Candidacy for President

Let's go!

Edited by Favre4Ever

Haha. I saw your hate earlier in the shout box. You are one of many. Funny thing is one of his first stops is going to be one of the two most liberal and democratic controlled cities / zones in all of Iowa... I will be there. Gonna be so much fun!

Guest Phailadelphia

I can't imagine a scenario where I would vote for Rand Paul, but I have to admit I like that he seems committed to legitimate criminal justice reform. He's one of the few (only?) elected Republicans I've seen that has endorsed the idea that our criminal justice system is unfairly discriminatory and imposes a legacy of institutional racism on America.

But still...I disagree with him on too many issues to vote for him.

And I respect that.

And it will also be precisely why I will be voting for him if it comes to that. There really aren't that many candidates who are either going to run or projected to run who I agree with more than Paul. Cruz might be the 2nd closest, which scares me a lot...

And that isn't even to say I agree with everything. For example, I don't like the fact that he seems so hell bent on taking on Islam and the radicals of which occupy a lot of our news waves. I almost feel he would go to war at a moments notice which I very much do not like. And his catering to ultra conservatives and the elite religious sect is also scary...

But man.. I do love the overall platform and the message he is and has been spreading for many many years. I buy completely into the notion that the government is broken and needs to be fixed. I also realize every politician says that in some shape or form, but Paul's voting record backs it up. And he doesn't stop with the generalities that other politicians do. He knows and understands that the very fundamental fashion in which our government operates and holds itself is wrong.

With that said, I think establishment politicians (both Reps and Dems) are scared shit less at the terror Rand would wreak over big brother. He threatens to topple them and unfortunately, that hurts his chances in a general election at this level.

Again... The message and his record that supports what he is saying is just too powerful for me to ignore at this time.

" I've got a message, a message that is loud and clear and doesn't mince words -- we've come to take our government back! "

Edited by Favre4Ever

I want a President who doesn't worship a nonexistent deity. Very very badly.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I can't imagine a scenario where I would vote for Rand Paul.

Because I'm a citizen of the glorious and defunct British Empire.

I want a President who doesn't worship a nonexistent deity. Very very badly.

Is that really a deal breaker when looking at candidates ?

As I said... I fear his catering to the religious elite as much as anyone, but... The mere fact he believes in God is an issue for you?

I can't imagine a scenario where I would vote for Rand Paul.

Because I'm a citizen of the glorious and defunct British Empire.

You're one of the good guys Razor. Canada doesn't deserve you.

No, it's not a deal breaker until he uses his faith to make decisions. If that happens, he's already betrayed my trust.

I believe in God, but I'm also not a major politician. There are few things as dangerous as person in office who's very devout to his or her faith.

Alright. Just making sure. I generally agree with you in that case -- for what it is worth.

giphy.gif Edited by Chernobyl426
  • Upvote 1

Eh. I don't think Rand has the integrity that his father does. Not that there's really anyone in the race with a ton of integrity, but he doesn't get me too excited.

• Upvote 1

Comparing him to Ron Paul while natural, isn't going to lead you to anything but disappointment. Ron refused to play ball.. He didn't want to play the game that is politics. And because of it, he was practically unelectable. Not because of his views or voting record -- but because he wouldn't play the game.

I remember watching the RNC and how completely and utterly disrespectful the GOP was to him. State delegates would announce their support ofr Ron Paul and the person up on stage would repeat the votes... They totally ignored his delegates... lmao. I mean.. what the fuck.

Rand Paul couldn't follow directly in Ron's shadow and win. Yes, he plays the game... And yes, I can see how it is off putting to those who were strict Ron Paul followers.. But it has to be done unfortunately.

If the system allowed for anything else, I think Rand would do as such.

I understand that you have to play ball a little bit, but I'm pretty sure Rand Paul's occupation is pandering. I don't believe in his integrity at all.

And then you factor in his absurd comments about people on Disability. He's your typical silver spoon, raised with a roof over his head white politician, and he's very, very dangerous for this country. Unfortunately, he may be the least smelly shit in the presidential candidate toilet bowl.

white politician

Wanna say he is fed from a silver spoon? Okay. What does white have to do with anything

People of other races rarely have the luxury of silver spoons due to institutional racism bringing them down. >_>

• Upvote 1

What does being white have to do with anything for Rand Paul?

Everything. He grew up sheltered and wealthy and therefore his point of view in regard to the less fortunate is un-educated and lacking of any empathy, whatsoever. He's dangerous for the less fortunate if he ends up in office, and I'm not interested in taking care of the immensely wealthy before anybody else. You shouldn't be, either.

Growing up advantaged doesn't necessarily make someone less fit to run things because they don't understand all perspectives. If their policies are good they don't have to wear everybody's shoes to have empathy. Mind pointing out where Rand caters to the rich? Just curious what you're referring to.

He supports a flat tax, which is a huge "fuck you" to poor people.

I considered voting for him for a single second...

but then I Rand

I Rand so far away

I just Rand

I Rand all night and day.

LMFAO

I haven't laughed that hard in real life for a while.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

He's at the top of my voting list right now. No other Republican is really close at the moment. Need to learn more about Rubio. Fuck Cruz, Santorum, and fuck Jeb Bush. Take it from a teacher in Florida, Bush is a wolf in sheep's clothing. If if comes down to Clinton/Bush, I may vote for Hilary.

I likely will vote for Clinton

Rand Paul is a racist and confirmed religious bigot, going to great lengths to stymie the black vote, and stand in the way of marriage equality. It really shows you just how bad Ted Cruz is if the GOP wants a guy who publicly criticized the civil rights act over him.

I saw Rand come out and say yesterday basically "everything I said before today didn't happen". That's hilarious.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/rand-paul-savannah-guthrie-fight-116757.html dude can't even keep his shit together in a today show interview... he has no shot in a practiced debate against Hillary Clinton.