Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Hillary Clinton Announces Bid for White House

Ending two years of speculation and coy denials, Hillary Rodham Clintonannounced on Sunday that she would seek the presidency for a second time, immediately establishing herself as the likely 2016 Democratic nominee.

Im running for president, she said with a smile near the end of a two-minute video released just after 3 p.m.

Everyday Americans need a champion. And I want to be that champion, Mrs. Clinton said. So Im hitting the road to earn your vote because its your time. And I hope youll join me on this journey.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/13/us/politics/hillary-clinton-2016-presidential-campaign.html Edited by Favre4Ever

She might be the best candidate. And that's by no means a compliment.

• Upvote 1

Not likely that she will even be the best candidate from the democratic side. Far too aggressive in her foreign polucy. She wants a transparent government, but her actions tell you she is lying through her teeth. And I know we could talk days about health care but why the hell should big pharmaceutical be able to write off all research and development onto taxpayers? Her record on spending is atrocious...

Voted to extend the Patriot Act. She justified the government's spying on us after Snowden leaked the information he did... I also think she is far too aggressive in her aid to women. Of course equality is important but do you take it too far whereas you begin ignoring the needs of others?

On the good side of things, she hates government mandated gay discrimination (DOMA) and is at least somewhat open minded (or pretends to be) about recreational marijuana.

Guest Phailadelphia

She might be the best candidate. And that's by no means a compliment.

#USPolitics

Who else is out there that can run against her on the Democrat side and have a shot?

With the number of scandals she has and her voting record, I think just about anyone. The only things I really see going in her favor are her name and the power / money attached to that name. And maybe the fact that she is been around the political bush a few times, although I don't really consider that a positive. Screw the status quo.

Guest Phailadelphia

I bet she wins.

Considering the field as it stands now, this seems the most likely outcome.

In order to continue some of the progressions Obama has put in place, I don't know who the better candidate would be.

With the number of scandals she has and her voting record, I think just about anyone.

I would agree. But I don't think the majority of people care about those things.

I personally don't think she is the best candidate for the Democrats or this country, but she will probably end up winning anyways.

Considering the field as it stands now, this seems the most likely outcome.

Maybe I'm just hopelessly optimistic, but I don't see that at all. I think once the debates and ads get rolling, Hillary will get destroyed, either in the Democratic primary or the national election.

Maybe I'm just hopelessly optimistic, but I don't see that at all. I think once the debates and ads get rolling, Hillary will get destroyed, either in the Democratic primary or the national election.

My thoughts as well. She will probably start strong and as the clear front runner (which I think most people would agree she already is) but then fizzle out the longer we go on. I think her campaign is going to have to be so incredibly smart and forward thinking to really have her in the discussions come final voting time.

If she tries to smear other candidates, I think she is going to get blown up. As I have said before, I know all politicians are crooked to some degree or have skeletons in the closet (even the ones I like)... But the thought of Hillary of all people calling other candidates out on anything just makes me laugh a little.

For some reason (and by that I mean recent history), I don't think it'll be the democrats running smear campaigns, JD. Maybe it's just me but from the state level all the way up to federal, one party tends to run many, many more smear ads.

Like I said, I don't think she could afford to do so even if she wanted to. She was right with a lot of Republicans in 08 trying to rid herself of the problem that was Barack Obama. She ranted and raved about his connections to Islam and tried connecting those dots for people.

Will she do it or not? Who knows.. But let's not act like any particular side is "above" that form of campaign. lol

She's not "above" it, but after all the trash republicans have done the last eight years, I think the democrats will try to paint themselves as the more mature party that doesnt stoop to those levels.

Guest Phailadelphia

I don't share that optimism. Hilary is an excellent debater, and if there's any dirt on her we didn't already hear about in 2008 I'll be surprised.

The only reason she lost in '08 is because Obama suddenly became a spectacular candidate. Hard to imagine an Obama exists for '16. No on else in the field has his eloquence or vision.

Edited by Phailadelphia

She's not "above" it, but after all the trash republicans have done the last eight years, I think the democrats will try to paint themselves as the more mature party that doesnt stoop to those levels.

Lol@that. Dems are just as bad.

Lol@that. Dems are just as bad.

Disagree.

Disagree.

Someone clearly doesn't remember the Bush administration.

I'm not saying the democrats aren't willing to sling mud. I just think they're going to decide that its not in their best interests this election.

Rand Paul gonna destroy whoever he goes against anyways.