Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Hillary Clinton Announces Bid for White House

She starts out fast every time and crashes and burns in the end. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in for a rude awakening.

She starts out fast every time and crashes and burns in the end. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in for a rude awakening.

The one other time? When she was running against the first black president and one of the best speakers ever.

Hilary is leading every potential GOP candidate by double digits, an increase since declaring her candidacy. It's just polling and lots can change in 2 years,'but anyone who thinks she's a bad candidate or exactly who the GOP wants to run against is in for a rude awakening.

Wait what?

What polls?

Guest Phailadelphia

Wait what?

What polls?

Article was on CNN this morning.

I read that article... The same one that says less than half of Democratic men are excited to see Hillary top the democratic ticket. lol. Those numbers will come down though and they will change depending on who does the poll. I would expect an actual CNN poll to favor Clinton considerably -- as it does.

Other similar polls still have Clinton leading, but by less than half the margins of the CNN poll. Rasmussen has her with a hypothetical 10 point lead on Paul, while CNN shows a 19 point lead. Rasmussen shows a 9 point lead on Cruz, CNN shows a 24 point lead.

And the Qunnipac polls which looked at specific battle states such as Colorado and Iowa (amongst others) show Clinton clinging to leads of 3 points or fewer and in some cases even trailing.

It would be like going out on the streets and asking Republicans if they are going to be voting for Hillary. You get the results you expect in respect to the bias of the poll person.

Edited by Favre4Ever

What's funny is that there's already blatant sexism on display and she's just announced her candidacy. Could the sexism shown during her run and potential presidency be even worse and more present than the constant racism present since Obama declared his candidacy?

What do you mean and from where? I would break out into a tirade about sexism and how dumb that sounds.. But I will give you a chance to explain your perspective more because I may just be making false presumptions on your stance.

What do you mean and from where? I would break out into a tirade about sexism and how dumb that sounds.. But I will give you a chance to explain your perspective more because I may just be making false presumptions on your stance.

There will be comments about her being a woman from men all over the country. Fox News will have trouble (not) trying to hide it as they imply it over and over and over again.

Go on your tirade if you want to be wrong. There will be blatant sexism all over the place until she loses the election or until her terms as President end.

Look, I agree that second wave Feminists and extremists find things when they aren't there, but don't be one of those people who applies their facade to all feminists. A lot of sexism is under the radar, hidden in language. If will be and already is there.

Nothing I disagree with per say. Those people will be out there... But don't confuse sexism with valid complaints and Hillary's horrible politics and voting record. If somebody comes at you with real issues and you reply with " That's sexist ".. You and I will probably have an issue. lol

EDIT:

And what do you say to the minorities who voted for Obama simply because he was a minority? Or the women who will vote for Hillary just because she is a woman?

Someone's skin color or gender isn't and shouldn't be used as a reason to not vote for someone... But it also shouldn't be used a reason TO vote for them, either.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Nothing I disagree with per say. Those people will be out there... But don't confuse sexism with valid complaints and Hillary's horrible politics and voting record. If somebody comes at you with real issues and you reply with " That's sexist ".. You and I will probably have an issue. lol

EDIT:

And what do you say to the minorities who voted for Obama simply because he was a minority? Or the women who will vote for Hillary just because she is a woman?

Someone's skin color or gender isn't and shouldn't be used as a reason to not vote for someone... But it also shouldn't be used a reason TO vote for them, either.

In this day and age, sure it should, because this country had been consistently run by patriarchy and privileged white men who don't understand hardship. We have to break the ice, and Obama has proven himself fairly well, imo. Hillary might be scary but someone has to set the precedent.

• Downvote 1

It is an excuse for people to remain uninformed on the candidates and that is truly unacceptable this day and age. The best candidate should win. And you should vote for the person whose platform you agree with most -- regardless of skin color or gender.

Sorry Bware.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Guest Phailadelphia

I see no issue with either of these.

• Downvote 4

My political knowledge is admittedly almost zero, but I do have to say... isn't it human nature for people to vote for people who are either like them or project similarities to them? So why would a rich white guy vote for someone other than another rich white guy, knowing he (might) have his political interests in mind when he takes office? Same for a minority voting for Obama or a woman voting for Hilary.

I'm not saying it's right that this happens. I'm saying that maybe for a lot of people it can't be helped. But I could be wrong.

• Upvote 1

It is an excuse for people to remain uninformed on the candidates and that is truly unacceptable this day and age. The best candidate should win. And you should vote for the person whose platform you agree with most -- regardless of skin color or gender.

Sorry Bware.

I'm not saying it's the best case scenario, but I want to be alive while equality finally starts to develop in this country. I don't think Hillary would be worse than any current Republican nominee who would simply focus on taking care of the immensely wealthy. Republicans lost this country for many reasons, and one of them is taking care of those who don't need it before they even consider helping anyone else.

Hillary Clinton is already being hand-picked as our next president. I plan on voting "no confidence" for all federal positions up for election in 2016. I have faith in nobody who's currently involved in the federal political process.

Guest Phailadelphia

My political knowledge is admittedly almost zero, but I do have to say... isn't it human nature for people to vote for people who are either like them or project similarities to them? So why would a rich white guy vote for someone other than another rich white guy, knowing he (might) have his political interests in mind when he takes office? Same for a minority voting for Obama or a woman voting for Hilary.

I'm not saying it's right that this happens. I'm saying that maybe for a lot of people it can't be helped. But I could be wrong.

Agreed. Young black kids can finally look at a former President and identify with him. Obama, by perhaps no other factor than being a black President, might inspire many future generations of black kids to aspire to public office. A Hilary presidency could do the same. Identity is powerful. Edited by Phailadelphia

Not at all, that is ridiculousness.

I totally understand people wanting to vote for someone who they seem to have a connection with. I totally understand Obama inspiring young black Americans or Hillary with young women.

But if white men or women don't vote for Obama because they feel more connected with the white candidate, they are a racist. If the men of this country feel disgusted by the thought of voting for Hillary because she is a woman, they are sexist. Yet our culture dictates it's okay to vote FOR them for those reasons, based on nothing else? No... That is grossly unacceptable and fosters the exact racism and sexism we are trying to defeat.

If that is a small reason to vote for someone, sure... Why not. But if it's the sole or majority reason you are voting for a candidate?

We are going to vote for this guy so that he can inspire all people of our skin color... Who cares what his policies are or what he wants to do?!? Yay, a black president!

How naive... This is the leader of one of the greatest nations in the world, making and molding our future through some of the toughest decisions any human being on this planet will be faced with. I would like to believe that has some kind weight in deciding to vote for somebody.

Don't get me wrong. It's great what Obama has been able to do for the black community and their self-esteem.. And the same could be said for a potential Hillary presidency and women -- but that's all secondary.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 2

Just for the record: Clinton will (potentially) get a significantly less percentage of the women vote than Obama got of the black vote.

In this day and age, sure it should, because this country had been consistently run by patriarchy and privileged white men who don't understand hardship. We have to break the ice, and Obama has proven himself fairly well, imo. Hillary might be scary but someone has to set the precedent.

Did you just imply that Hillary Clinton understands hardship?

Like Obama I'll grant you, but Hillary? Lmao.

The President of the United States is not a position to give to someone because of a social experiment. They should be the best candidate for the position, ideally, not voted for because of their skin color, their gender, their sexuality, or any other reason other than "This person is the best candidate for the job because he or she will do the best job as President for the next four years."

Any other reason to vote for someone is dangerous to the country as a whole. Don't vote for Hillary because she's a woman. Vote for Hillary if you think she's the best candidate. I will disagree with your position, but I will at least respect you for it. If you come back at me with "I voted for her because she's a woman," you're a fool.

• Upvote 2

Guest Phailadelphia

Not at all, that is ridiculousness.

I totally understand people wanting to vote for someone who they seem to have a connection with. I totally understand Obama inspiring young black Americans or Hillary with young women.

But if white men or women don't vote for Obama because they feel more connected with the white candidate, they are a racist. If the men of this country feel disgusted by the thought of voting for Hillary because she is a woman, they are sexist. Yet our culture dictates it's okay to vote FOR them for those reasons, based on nothing else? No... That is grossly unacceptable and fosters the exact racism and sexism we are trying to defeat.

lol

• Downvote 1

How is that in any way laughable? Favre is correct, you are voting for someone based on their skin color or their gender. Why is that any better than voting against them based on their skin color or gender?

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

How is that in any way laughable? Favre is correct, you are voting for someone based on their skin color or their gender. Why is that any better than voting against them based on their skin color or gender?

Come on, Than. You're smarter than that. And I don't care enough to argue the point.

• Downvote 1

but it's not voting based on skin color/gender if a black person votes for Obama because that black individual relates better to a black candidate? same for female and Hillary? does that really not seem like a double standard to you?

but it's not voting based on skin color/gender if a black person votes for Obama because that black individual relates better to a black candidate? same for female and Hillary? does that really not seem like a double standard to you?

That's what we are saying. It is a double-standard... Phail thinks that double standard is okay. Seemingly anyway, as he won't engage in conversation.

How to Spot a Democrat 101. :smug:

;)

• Upvote 2