Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Hillary Clinton Announces Bid for White House

Guest Phailadelphia

That's what we are saying. It is a double-standard... Phail thinks that double standard is okay. Seemingly anyway, as he won't engage in conversation.

How to Spot a Democrat 101. :smug:

;)

Haha, you ALMOST baited me into a debate. But my New Year's Resolution was to stop debating politics on the interwebs, so I'm going to refrain. To be clear I don't find it a double standard but the rest of your statement is true. I don't have an issue with voting based on race or gender.

That's what we are saying. It is a double-standard... Phail thinks that double standard is okay. Seemingly anyway, as he won't engage in conversation.

How to Spot a Democrat 101. :smug:

;)

fair enough, I should know better than to post while I'm slightly inebriated and really just want to get back to watching the Caps

Haha, you ALMOST baited me into a debate. But my New Year's Resolution was to stop debating politics on the interwebs, so I'm going to refrain. To be clear I don't find it a double standard but the rest of your statement is true. I don't have an issue with voting based on race or gender.

Noted. I will try harder next time.

• Upvote 2

:yao: Phail what are you doing

Voting for someone because you align with them politically is okay. Voting for someone because you share the same gender or color as them is not.

Carly Fiorina is going to throw her hat into the ring next month on the 'Publican side.

I think voting for Obama because he's black is different than voting for Hillary because she's a woman. Black people have an extremely high rate of poverty and incarceration AND they get paid less for the same jobs. Kind of hard to say that they have equal opportunity in this country and that white male politicians are working to make their lives better. Getting paid less for the same jobs is the only thing women have a legitimate gripe for in this country. The Rowe V Wade decision was correct. They have a right to their own body and it's not going to change.

I think voting for Obama because he's black is different than voting for Hillary because she's a woman. Black people have an extremely high rate of poverty and incarceration AND they get paid less for the same jobs. Kind of hard to say that they have equal opportunity in this country and that white male politicians are working to make their lives better. Getting paid less for the same jobs is the only thing women have a legitimate gripe for in this country. The Rowe V Wade decision was correct. They have a right to their own body and it's not going to change.

Sure they do. Except the infant isn't their body, it's merely in their body. Location, location, location.

Women have many, many more gripes than the wage gap. I mean, we could dig into how unsafe the dating world is for women, if you want to.

Hilary is leading every potential GOP candidate by double digits, an increase since declaring her candidacy. It's just polling and lots can change in 2 years,'but anyone who thinks she's a bad candidate or exactly who the GOP wants to run against is in for a rude awakening.

Oh look. Hilary is losing ground fast.

Look at them now:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/

Clinton 48, Paul 47

Clinton 49, Rubio 46

Clinton 49, Walker 46

Clinton 47, Bush 44

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

Shocker, am I right?

It's that Bernie Sanders effect.

So...

who is Bernie Sanders and why is he the new Ron Paul?

Every race needs an old guy.

Women have many, many more gripes than the wage gap. I mean, we could dig into how unsafe the dating world is for women, if you want to.

How about men? We have a WAY higher incarceration rate than women and are routinely given way lesser sentences for the same crime as men. Men die and are injured at work way more than women. Men fight and die in wars way more than women. Male lives are generally valued way less than women. Men are supposed to be providers for women and if they're not they're scum but there's no issue with women being supported by a man. I mean, we don't live in caves anymore. It's kind of an outdated mentality because 1 woman is way more important than 1 man for reproduction. 1 guy could knock up hundreds of women.

BWare pls

How about men and women have some serious gender bullshit going on and let's leave it at that.

How about men? We have a WAY higher incarceration rate than women and are routinely given way lesser sentences for the same crime as men. Men die and are injured at work way more than women. Men fight and die in wars way more than women. Male lives are generally valued way less than women. Men are supposed to be providers for women and if they're not they're scum but there's no issue with women being supported by a man. I mean, we don't live in caves anymore. It's kind of an outdated mentality because 1 woman is way more important than 1 man for reproduction. 1 guy could knock up hundreds of women.

BWare pls

Can't tell if serious

Can't tell if serious

I'm dead serious and Razor is right, but to act as though women are repressed or have it so terrible in this country is false.

There was actually a really good article I read on the pay equality of men vs women, that basically came to the conclusion that men (typically) are much more career driven and willing to sacrifice for their jobs / careers and that women simply aren't as ambitious.

The study discovered that millennial women have little interest or desire to assume a top leadership position. Specifically, just 15 percent of women between ages 21 and 33 would want to be the No. 1 leader of a large or prominent organization, the study by public relations firm Zeno Group found.

An overriding theme among millennial women in the survey was an unwillingness to make the personal sacrifices they believe are linked to their ability to climb the corporate ladder. Nearly half of those surveyed think the sacrifices women leaders have to make aren't worth it.

In addition, less than half the women surveyed are willing to sacrifice aspects of their personal life to achieve professional goals.

http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/4637-millennial-women-turn-down-executive-jobs.html

That also explain why so few women hold high positions in Fortune 500 companies or become legislators (which everyone freaks out about)... Typically speaking, they don't have equal drive.

Let's say you hire one man and one woman to do the same exact job. Data shows that on those women don't want to sacrifice aspects of their personal life to potentially do their job better... Men (again, typically) will make those sacrifices.

Largely why I find "pay equality" to be a myth. Yes, I am sure there are career driven women out there who are willing to make those sacrifices who get the shaft. Yes, there are lazy men out there in positions of power getting overpaid for what they do.

But what does "pay equality" do? According to the data... More women who aren't willing to make those sacrifices are going to benefit than the ones who actually do the work and deserve the higher pay.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

BWare pls

Well now that you've said you're serious I'll pick this apart.

Women have a lower incarceration rate because they are less likely to commit crimes than men due to a lack of physical strength. A woman is less likely to mug someone than a man is.

Men are injured at work more because they do jobs that women often aren't physically able to do. Same with wars. Biologically we are more fit to do strength-based tasks than women.

Your generalizations are huge here.

Women are way more important than men for reproduction. They carry the baby. Really can't say that's an outdated mindset cause it's 100% true lol.

Are feminists often full of shit and hating on men for no reason? Yes.

Does that mean women aren't at a disadvantage in society? No.

• Upvote 1

Well now that you've said you're serious I'll pick this apart.

Women have a lower incarceration rate because they are less likely to commit crimes than men due to a lack of physical strength. A woman is less likely to mug someone than a man is.

Men are injured at work more because they do jobs that women often aren't physically able to do. Same with wars. Biologically we are more fit to do strength-based tasks than women.

Your generalizations are huge here.

Women are way more important than men for reproduction. They carry the baby. Really can't say that's an outdated mindset cause it's 100% true lol.

Are feminists often full of shit and hating on men for no reason? Yes.

Does that mean women aren't at a disadvantage in society? No.

Less likely to commit crimes because they're not physically as strong as men? That might be the dumbest thing I've heard in my entire life. What is that even based off of. You do realize that all crimes aren't violent right? You do realize that most people in jail in this country are there for drug related charges right?

When people lived in caves and could be eaten by other animals and mortality rates were high. People weren't dying of old age, yes, female lives were more important for reproduction, but it's hardly relevant today.

Less likely to commit crimes because they're not physically as strong as men? That might be the dumbest thing I've heard in my entire life. What is that even based off of. You do realize that all crimes aren't violent right? You do realize that most people in jail in this country are there for drug related charges right?

When people lived in caves and could be eaten by other animals and mortality rates were high. People weren't dying of old age, yes, female lives were more important for reproduction, but it's hardly relevant today.

It's based off common sense. Women are not as physically strong as men, so it makes sense for them to not assault someone like a man would. Domestic violence is mainly from males, wouldn't you agree? It's because they are physically stronger and can impose themselves on people who aren't able to fight back equally.

Yes, drug charges get people there more than violent crimes do. That said, violent crimes are majority done by males. The point still stands as to why more men are in jail than women.

If it's hardly relevant, why did you bring it up?

Edited by Chernobyl426

So what you are saying is that men and women are different? *gasp*

Anyway. Carly Fiorina put out a new ad bashing Hillary. It's quite good.

• Upvote 1