Sparty

Dragon Ball Z

My favorite show of all time now FINALLY deserves a thread to discuss. New series and a new video game that will create even MORE characters. Always love me some more DBZ. Superheros? PLS. DBZ is where it's been for years.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-28/dragon-ball-gets-1st-new-tv-anime-in-18-years-in-july/.87608

Also, looking forward to Ressurection of Frieza. Like, I'm almost crying. This is amazing news.

Edited by Spartan Havoc

Akira Toriyama is a rich man...

Eh... I loved Dragon Ball/DBZ back in like 6th and 7th grade, but it didn't age very well for me personally. I feel like this show is meant to stay in the heart of my early teenage years. My 27 year old ass could care less about this news.

• Upvote 1

Eh... I loved Dragon Ball/DBZ back in like 6th and 7th grade, but it didn't age very well for me personally. I feel like this show is meant to stay in the heart of my early teenage years. My 27 year old ass could care less about this news.

Yup, pretty much this. I wrecked shit in the DBZ/GT card game when I was in 7th grade (went to tournaments and always placed/won), but as I've gotten older it's definitely become something I look at purely with nostalgia.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

That's because it hasn't aged well, either in art or dub.

I'm intrigued by this. Hopefully it won't have Goku doing everything of importance like all the other DBZ sagas, but it probably will.

Spoiler:

Goku dies. And dies again. And again.

I am kind of in the boat with Zack and Fart, but I still don't totally want to let go. I tried rewatching the series a couple months back and ya, it just has not aged well at all. With that said, I am probably going to check out the new movie and probably will only wait for the sub.

I'm someone who is a kid at heart, but DBZ is one of the few franchises that didn't age well for me as an adult. I used to be addicted to the show and loved playing Budokai and I remember there being a Game Boy game called Legend of Goku or some shit. But it doesn't interest me anymore.

Never liked it.

I've been playing Dragonball Xenoverse the last couple days. Pretty fun game.

The new movie that came out recently was pretty good. Lots of computer assisted animation.

I loved DBZ, but I won't be watching this new series. Didn't like when Pokemon went beyond the original 150 and I won't like DBZ adding a new saga with new characters.

I feel like I'm the only one who really like the Buu saga, too. :shrug:

• Upvote 1

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/11/30-1/funimation-announces-dragon-ball-super-english-dub-cast

You've been waiting for this day. Funimation has announced the English dub cast for Dragon Ball Super. This new anime celebrating the 30th anniversary of the adaptation of Akira Toriyama's martial arts comedy action classic will feaure long-time franchise voice actors reprising their previous roles for Funimation’s English dub production, including Seán Schemmel (Goku), Christopher R. Sabat (Vegeta), Jason Douglas (Beerus), Ian Sinclair (Whis) and Sonny Strait (Krillin), last heard in the anime movie Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’.

CHARACTER……………… ACTOR

GOKU Seán Schemmel

VEGETA Christopher R. Sabat

BEERUS Jason Douglas

WHIS Ian Sinclair

KRILLIN Sonny Strait

GOHAN Kyle Hebert

BULMA Monica Rial

PICCOLO Christopher R. Sabat

TRUNKS Alexis Tipton

NARRATOR Doc Morgan

GOTEN Kara Edwards

CHI-CHI Cynthia Cranz

A18 Meredith McCoy

MR. SATAN Chris Rager

BUU Josh Martin

KING KAI Seán Schemmel

SHENRON Christopher R. Sabat

VIDEL Kara Edwards

YAMCHA Christopher R. Sabat

TIEN John Burgmeier

SHOU Chris Cason

ROSHI Mike McFarland

PUAR Brina Palencia

PILAF Chuck Huber

OX-KING Kyle Hebert

OOLONG Brad Jackson

MARRON Tia Ballard

KIBITO KAI Kent Williams

ELDER KAI Kent Williams

DENDE Justin Cook

CHIAOTZU Brina Palencia

MAI Colleen Clinkenbeard

Funimation introduces the series

Reuniting the franchise’s iconic characters, “Dragon Ball Super” follows the aftermath of Goku’s fierce battle with Majin Buu, as he attempts to maintain Earth’s fragile peace. Overseen by Dragon Ball’s original creator, Akira Toriyama, Dragon Ball Super draws on its thirty-year history to create a bold, new universe that is welcoming to fans and endearing to new viewers.

“We are excited to welcome back our many friends and talented newcomers in making ‘Dragon Ball Super’ as special as it can be for fans across the U.S.” said Masayuki Endo, President of Toei Animation Inc. “Funimation has been a fantastic partner in shaping the series for English audiences.”

“We’re thrilled to reunite the original voice cast for our U.S. English dub production of ‘Dragon Ball Super’ with Toei,” said Gen Fukunaga, CEO and founder of Funimation. “Dragon Ball fans – new and old

- can look forward to the same great dub experience with ‘Dragon Ball Super’ that they have been enjoying for the past 18 years.”

ron-paul.gif

Just don't know when.

Once I realized they were sticking with the cat villain route, I really stopped caring. They also just revealed anti-Goku. :pls:

There's a lot of stuff they're doing.

Once I realized they were sticking with the cat villain route, I really stopped caring. They also just revealed anti-Goku. :pls:

You mean Goku Black who

really wasn't Goku?

Edited by BigBen07

Meh. I may watch an episode to see what it's all about.

I'll be honest, I still watch old DBZ scenes on Youtube when I'm hyping myself up for something (usually gym).

You mean Goku Black who

really wasn't Goku?

So you're telling me that it really wasn't Goku when you can look right at the character and tell that the character was purposefully drawn to look like Goku? :pls:

It's actually Goku from another timeline who had his body possessed by a villain. :yep:

So they're stealing from GT now?

Actually I need to correct that: it's a body swap rather than possession. And it involves Dragon Balls

Edited by BigBen07

Bam.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/12/07/dragon-ball-super-english-dub-to-premiere-on-adult-swims-toonami-in-january

Toei Animation, Funimation, and Adult Swim have announced that the Dragon Ball Super English dub will air as part of Adult Swim's Toonami lineup beginning next year.

Dragon Ball Super season 1 will premiere on Adult Swim on January 7, 2017 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. pT/1 a.m. GMT/11 a.m. AEST and 11:30 p.m. ET/8:30 p.m. PT/4:30 a.m. GMT/2 p.m. AEST.

The first season's 26 episodes are set to air during the Toonami block in the coming weeks and months. Check out an exclusive new clip from the English dub of episode 1 below:

Funimation recently revealed the voice cast of the English dub, which includes returning voice actors in the roles of Goku, Vegeta, and more. The company previously had announced it would be handling the English dub in addition to the home release distribution of the series in the U.S. and Canada. Funimation has also since begun making the English subtitled version of Dragon Ball Super available.

Series creator Akira Toriyama is overseeing Dragon Ball Super, which continues Goku's tale as he strives to maintain peace following his epic battle with Majin Buu. Dragon Ball Super made its debut in the West on several anime streaming websites this year and is currently streaming on Crunchyroll, FunimationNow and Daisuki, with new simulcast episodes debuting every Saturday. Super first aired in Japan in July 2015.

And....

CzGGcsEXAAExKqP.jpg

Edited by Vin