Zack_of_Steel

Double/Triple/Quadruple/etc. Posting

It's poor form.

The multi quote option is available on the mobile version. That probably just means that you need to get to a real computer (or deal with a full skin on your mobile device) if you're going to quote more than one post, I just thought I'd provide one possible explanation. Personally, I wait until I'm at a real computer if I'm going to post anything more than a single sentence, but I'm sure some people use phones almost exclusively.

I see a certain global moderator do it all the time so I assumed it was OK.

(j/k i rarely double post, just wanted to throw bware under the bus)

• Upvote 1

The quote option is god awful on these boards. It has led to me double posting on occasion because of how terrible it is.

Mine is the result of posting from mobile more often than I ever have. I will attempt to edit posts before adding second posts.

Mobile gives you the option to edit your posts.

Than, what is your gripe with Multiquote?

It does, but I often realize I've double posted after posting a second, already.

It will often remove the name from the quote. In addition, if you try to add a line inbetween, such as

Zack sucks

And so do the Steelers.

It will often instead make it a whole new quote. This happens most frequently when I am attempting to copypaste from another website.

Or it will randomly add two blank lines on top of the quote and force an edit to fix it. As just happened here.

Edited by Thanatos19

It will often remove the name from the quote. In addition, if you try to add a line inbetween, such as

It will often instead make it a whole new quote. This happens most frequently when I am attempting to copypaste from another website.

Or it will randomly add two blank lines on top of the quote and force an edit to fix it. As just happened here.

Oh, yeah, the "improved" IPB editor is complete shit. Click on the light switch when you post. It lets you have the classic, all text way of posting, complete with BBCode.

Only thing that's retarded is that something happened to where when you're editing in that mode word wrap is turned off and you can't see your own fucking paragraphs. And this happened well after the board had been updated, so maybe Vin broke something. :smug:

I only break skins.