Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Offseason Thread

Well, the rest of the league outside of the few are already in the offseason making moves. Starting with OKC signing Donovan.

I think it's a good move, as long as he can get them to play defense, he should do well.

Where the fuck did this thread come from

Are you saying the Thunder didn't play defense under Brooks? Because that's one of the things Brooks actually did well... The D only fell apart this year because we swapped Perk for Kanter (laughably bad) and Durant and Ibaka were both out.

I have no respect for Billy Donovan, I think the Thunder just wanted to go for a splash here...

Guest Phailadelphia

I'm really excited about the Billy Donovan, and OKC may have 2-3 former head coaches on as assistants this year. If they stay healthy I think this will be the best Thunder team we've seen yet.

The draft is in the off season and this is the off season thread, go figure.

I said in the regular season thread. That the Knicks need a big man to complement Melo. As much as I love Towns and think he's the best player in the Draft there is no way he will be at #4.

Okafor has a small shot at still being there and I'd be more than happy if he dropped but doubtful. So I'm expecting that Cauley-Stein to be there which will imo already be an improvement at the position as I can see him playing PF and that big steaming pile of shit Bargiani can go.

Karl is pushing for the Kings to trade Cousins, and the Lakers seem to be pushing hard to get a trade for Cousins.

The Knicks and the Suns are possibly working for a deal to get the #4 pick for Bledsoe.

Might be one or two trades, possibly more early in the draft.

Welll I just wanted to say how shocked I was that the Harrison twins are being projected as 2nd round picks.

Welll I just wanted to say how shocked I was that the Harrison twins are being projected as 2nd round picks.

They have shitty attitudes.

Kevin Love opts out of deal with Cavaliers
Marc Stein, ESPN Senior Writer
Cleveland Cavaliers forward Kevin Love has opted out of the final year of his contract, league sources told ESPN on Wednesday.
Sources told ESPN.com that Love notified the Cavaliers on Wednesday that he is opting out of the final year remaining on his contract -- worth $16.7 million next season -- to return to free agency.
The Cavaliers, though, were expecting the decision and, at this juncture, plan to try to re-sign the former All-Star forward, whose up-and-down first season in Cleveland ended prematurely when he suffered a shoulder injury in the first round of the playoffs against the Boston Celtics.
Sources tell ESPN.com that the Los Angeles Lakers and the Celtics are among the teams planning ‎to make a run at Love in free agency. Sources say that the Portland Trail Blazers, furthermore, are likely to pursue the former Oregon high school star in the event that LaMarcus Aldridge -- as many league executives expect -- flees the Blazers in free agency.

so there's the answer to that question

Edited by oochymp

Imo if the Cavs are smart they go hard for Aldridge. He would be a better fit and a better post presence than Love, would provide a nice balance for the Cavs.

That said I'm a big fan of his and would LOVE to see Aldridge paired up with Melo. As Aldridge and the Triangle offence is a perfect fit and the Knick have at the least $25 mill in cap.

Edited by Bangy

Imo if the Cavs are smart they go hard for Aldridge. He would be a better fit and a better post presence than Love, would provide a nice balance for the Cavs.

That said I'm a big fan of his and would LOVE to see Aldridge paired up with Melo. As Aldridge and the Triangle offence is a perfect fit and the Knick have at the least $25 mill in cap.

Why would we want a post presence clogging up the lane for Lebron when he drives? Love fits the team better.

I read that the Cavs are going to go hard at both Love and Lebron (Lebron isn't going anywhere) and then make offer sheets to Thompson, Delly, Shumpert.

And there's 0% chance (and thank God) LA would end up in Cleveland, he'd be an almost perfect fit. He excels as a mid range jump shooter as much as he excels at posting up. Over 50% of his shots came from outside the paint. He'd be an even better fit then Love because he actually protects the rim, meaning Mozgoz doesn't have to be there during "small ball" and stuff.

- Hornets are shopping around Zeller, and want Kaminsky.

- According to Mr. Woj, Portland is about to trade Batum to Charlotte for Henderson and Vonleh.

- According to Broussard, Monta Ellis is opting out.

Nicolas Batum was traded to the Hornets for Gerald Henderson.

Luke Ridnour to the Grizz, too. Not a huge trade but he's an extra shooter that they didn't have.

They have shitty attitudes.

Doesn't make them 2nd round picks IMO

I read that the Cavs are going to go hard at both Love and Lebron (Lebron isn't going anywhere) and then make offer sheets to Thompson, Delly, Shumpert.

And there's 0% chance (and thank God) LA would end up in Cleveland, he'd be an almost perfect fit. He excels as a mid range jump shooter as much as he excels at posting up. Over 50% of his shots came from outside the paint. He'd be an even better fit then Love because he actually protects the rim, meaning Mozgoz doesn't have to be there during "small ball" and stuff

Pretty much this plus with Aldridge being a bigger force nearer the hoop more chances for screen to clear routes to the rim for LeBron

Guest Phailadelphia

The draft is tonight! Crossing my fingers for Cameron Payne.

I don't think Cleveland has the space to get Aldridge. They can go over the cap for love since he's their free agent but not Aldrige unless they're willing to give up Thompson as well.

It's a long shot for sure and I think the favourites are the Lakers, Spurs, Macs and Knicks. Just feel he'd be a great fit for them.

Expecting big things from Ainge in the next 2 weeks. It's time for us to make a big splash in free agency or trade. Cousins is obviously the #1 dream target but Aldridge or Love would be terrific as well.

I really don't want to give up Marcus Smart or James Young, but we'd probably have to give up one of them for Cousins. I think Smart or James Young, Brooklyn's 2016 1st, Brooklyn's 2018 1st, Mavs 2017 protected 1st could get it done.

There's also this which is exciting.

Wow ... @WindhorstESPN just said that if Okafor slips to 3, the Celtics are ready to send a monster package to Philly to get him.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/614086833044111361

Hopefully we're not giving up all of our assets for Okafor but this definitely would be a flashy move. It's likely that Okafor does drop to #3 so we'll see if this actually happens.

Also if Pierce returns this offseason... pants off :yep:

Edited by BradyFan81

Actually Bangy the Pistons are the best fit for LA. :p

Ha didn't say he was the best fit for him just that is where we would fit in well. From what I've seen the teams I've mentioned above are the ones that are the favourites to sign him in reports I've seen.