Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Offseason Thread

Monroe is heading to the Bucks. :puke: :puke: :puke:

Bucks have built a sneaky good young team, they could make some noise in the East next year

• Upvote 1

Suns send Marcus Morris, Danny Granger, and Reggie Bullock to Detroit to clear up some cash. Reports say they may be working on a sign and trade for Kieff to Dallas as well.

Bucks have built a sneaky good young team, they could make some noise in the East next year

Yea, I wanted Middleton bad too.

Its crazy how many young talented players the Pistons dumped before Gundy came to Detroit.

So, the Magic re-sign Tobias Harris for 4 years, 64 million. Without a doubt too much for him, but with the cap going up it had to go somewhere. Hopefully he doesn't settle with the payday and works to improve his game.

Rockets re-signed Beverley and Brewer. :megusta:

If they can re-sign Smoove and acquire a decent PG, I'll be muy contento.

Hope the Sixers steal Joseph away from the Spurs somehow and draft a PG and some more shooters. They'd be really deep and with a healthy Embiid they could have a legendarily good big rotation. Okafor and Saric would get lit up defensively as the bench unit but they could put up points against anyone, but when they want to lock it down defensively, nobody is fucking with the rim protection potential of Embiid and Noel.

I think with Stauskas, Covington and Hollis Thompson they're starting to get some shooters too. They really need a PG bad but if you get a guy like Joseph and overpay him slightly and draft a guy in the lottery Ish Smith or Tony Wrotten is a nice 3rd PG. It'd be awesome if they could get KJ Wright back. Jimmy Butler is at least going to visit the Sixers. Really good sign for some of the big fish coming out next year. Doubt we get Butler but the Sixers are now looking to sign impact free agents.

Hope the Sixers steal Joseph away from the Spurs somehow and draft a PG and some more shooters. They'd be really deep and with a healthy Embiid they could have a legendarily good big rotation. Okafor and Saric would get lit up defensively as the bench unit but they could put up points against anyone, but when they want to lock it down defensively, nobody is fucking with the rim protection potential of Embiid and Noel.

I think with Stauskas, Covington and Hollis Thompson they're starting to get some shooters too. They really need a PG bad but if you get a guy like Joseph and overpay him slightly and draft a guy in the lottery Ish Smith or Tony Wrotten is a nice 3rd PG. It'd be awesome if they could get KJ Wright back. Jimmy Butler is at least going to visit the Sixers. Really good sign for some of the big fish coming out next year. Doubt we get Butler but the Sixers are now looking to sign impact free agents.

You hear about your boy Embiid being 7'2 now? What do you think about that?

Butler resigned with the Bulls.

Didn't even visit Philly or any other team for that matter. Sean pls

185ebTB.gif

Butler resigned with the Bulls.

Didn't even visit Philly or any other team for that matter. Sean pls

185ebTB.gif

He's apparently scheduled to visit them

You hear about your boy Embiid being 7'2 now? What do you think about that?

I don't care how tall he is as long as he plays lol. Really hoping the Sixers are just playing it safe with Embiid. Dude could be so much fun in the NBA. He's a freak talent and he'd make for some epic tweets along the way lol.

He's apparently scheduled to visit them

I don't care how tall he is as long as he plays lol. Really hoping the Sixers are just playing it safe with Embiid. Dude could be so much fun in the NBA. He's a freak talent and he'd make for some epic tweets along the way lol.

Actually no. You know what you're wrong. Sit in your wrongness and deal with it.

https://twitter.com/chicagobullsbot/status/615939275385737217

Edited by ATL

Actually no. You know what you're wrong. Sit in your wrongness and deal with it.

https://twitter.com/chicagobullsbot/status/615939275385737217

Doesn't really matter for the Sixers. They'd have never signed him. He postponed visits because Chicago can give him the most money right now, but he's thinking about leaving probably because he doesn't want to play with Rose. Point is, the best available wing player in the off season was considering Philly as a destination. It means Jimmy Butler and his agent see them as maybe a team that is a Jimmy Butler from being a playoff team with a shot. Butler isn't the type of guy who would even consider taking a bunch of money to play as the guy on a bad team. I think he wants his shots and the ball in his hands but not that bad.

Timberwolves have so much more of a future now after they traded Love. 3 super athletic and skilled core pieces. If they can fill the rest of that roster out right they could a real problem and you can't ask for a better mentor for KAT than Garnett.

Edited by seanbrock

Would have loved Jordan for what he brings both sides of the ball. That said I'm quite happy with the pick up of Robin Lopez.

Although I'm not expecting him to do much offensively, his stats are pretty great defensively and seeing as we were the worst rebounding team in the league last year he will definitely improve that stat from the get go.

Affalo is a nice pick up and probably means they will play Melo at the 4. Which strangely enough was his strongest position before he was injured. Knick actually outscored opposition by 7.9 points compared to the being behind 3.7 with Melo at 3. Irrc.

Plus Derrick Williams has a nice chance to progress on last season.

I'd expect around 25-30 wins next season seeing as I'd expect to see us miss Aldridge too. I'd be happy with that progression

Edited by Bangy

Aldridge to the Spurs 4 years 80 mil. So now they have Leonard, Aldridge, and Green locked up for the foreseeable future as well. :ooo:

Spurs now want David West as well.

Spurs are so stacked, but they need to get a center to play with Aldridge. I know Duncan can do it now, but I feel like he might have to retire at some point in the next 15 years. Maybe

Marc Gasol, LA, and Leonard big 3 in San Antonio? Could happen if Duncan hangs it up next year.

Yea with the salary cap going up, they can still bring in more elite talent once Duncan is gone. Or Duncan could stay on as a bench guy who can back up both the 4 and 5. That would be something.

Saw some of the first rounders play Summer League today, and they were looking good. Myles Turner was causing waves with all those splashes.

• Upvote 1

Saw some of the first rounders play Summer League today, and they were looking good. Myles Turner was causing waves with all those splashes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C74cReElILc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbseoSv0tgI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgssqUUKLaE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ytaDq3p7qg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0occBY8sDc

The Magic signed C.J. Watson, weird to get the guy 6 years later after I remember Otis Smith tried hard to get him from the Warriors when he was a RFA years back. He's an upgrade from Ridnour as backup PG but it's obvious we aren't making splashy moves and relying on young players improving and a (hopeful) improvement in coaching.

Guest Phailadelphia

This is the best starting 5 the Spurs have ever had, right?