Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

My trip to Haiti (pic story)

Dmac I see you picking the cutest girl to sit with on the plane ride.

But seriously this is awesome. What a great life experience you've had.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for sharing, Joel. I've always wanted to do something like this and I have a ton of respect for you for heading down there. I'm glad it was a positive experience for you.

Dmac I see you picking the cutest girl to sit with on the plane ride.

But seriously this is awesome. What a great life experience you've had.

Thanks, it was a great experience. But the person I'm sitting next to is my baby mama. Lol.

Thanks for sharing, Joel. I've always wanted to do something like this and I have a ton of respect for you for heading down there. I'm glad it was a positive experience for you.

Thanks for suggesting this. It felt good looking back.

• Upvote 1

Good guy DMac :yep: It's insane how happy they get from you just being there. Proud of you dude :clap:

Thanks for sharing, props to you for helping out :clap: Did you get to eat any local dishes there by chance? Or was it all food you guys brought?

I had a good amount of friends who were 1st gen American with Haitian parents growing up in south Florida here. :yep:

I would be so scared to do something like this, but it looks like you had a lot of fun. And If I was going with cute girls I could probably be a little less scared. :3

• Upvote 1

Good guy DMac :yep: It's insane how happy they get from you just being there. Proud of you dude :clap:

Thanks Cherry.

The hardest part about all this is kinda that feeling of helplessness despite all the work we did in building 31 raincatchers, there are still so many people who didn't get any help. But it was definitely exciting.

Thanks for sharing, props to you for helping out :clap: Did you get to eat any local dishes there by chance? Or was it all food you guys brought?

I had a good amount of friends who were 1st gen American with Haitian parents growing up in south Florida here. :yep:

We only got to try Haitian food on our first and last night in Haiti because we were in some of the fanciest hotels in Haiti. Plantains were the best to me.

Outside of that, one of the people who ran the operations rationed the food and water we had so that it would only last the 5 days we were at the clinic which was right outside of the village.

So we only ate sandwiches, and foods outa cans.

I would be so scared to do something like this, but it looks like you had a lot of fun. And If I was going with cute girls I could probably be a little less scared. :3

I was pretty scared going in, but more had to do with the planes and flights due to my fear of heights. And the driving because of how hectic the streets were. But I was assured he knew what he was doing cause he's done this plenty times.

The cute girls were a plus though. Lol.

Awesome deed my friend and not a bad lookin baby mama either :smug:

did you do support letters to fund this trip? I bet a couple here would've chipped in. I want to give it a real try again some day, the last time I tried I couldn't really come up with the $

Edited by BC
  • Upvote 1

Awesome deed my friend and not a bad lookin baby mama either :smug:

did you do support letters to fund this trip? I bet a couple here would've chipped in. I want to give it a real try again some day, the last time I tried I couldn't really come up with the $

I never thought about that, probably would of made it easier on me. Lol. It cost me around $500, the total price was around $1900, but the church paid the rest... I lucked out. Ha

Still can't believe you didn't go sledding.

We played a TON of soccer. Soccer is truly KING everywhere but USA.

Just highlighting this for all the TGP schmucks that still fail to realize this. :yep:

Really awesome of you, DMac. I have great admiration for people that go on missions trips like this.

• Downvote 1

Just highlighting this for all the TGP schmucks that still fail to realize this. TGP%20Yep%20Gif.gif

Really awesome of you, DMac. I have great admiration for people that go on missions trips like this.

Don't turn a good thread into some pissing match about soccer. Nobody here is delusional enough to believe that soccer isn't popular everywhere else, you dumb motherfucker.

Joel, did most of the population speak English?

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 2

Don't turn a good thread into some pissing match about soccer. Nobody here is delusional enough to believe that soccer isn't popular everywhere else, you dumb motherfucker.

Joel, did most of the population speak English?

Some of the older Haitian workers spoke English, the kids didn't though. They only spoke Creole. Since I speak French, I could kinda understand them, but most of the time we were just kinda communicating without understanding each other. Haha.

• Upvote 1