Vin

Michael Sam is now a Canadian Lark

Former Rams and Cowboys DE Michael Sam has signed with the CFL's Montreal Alouettes.

Kudos to Sam for heading north of the border. His NFL market had dried up after stints with the Rams and Cowboys last season. The CFL is an even pass-happier league, which will allow Sam to hone his craft as a pass rusher. He simply doesn't possess the speed or bend-ability to consistently get after the quarterback in the big leagues. Maybe Sam will get another shot at the NFL in a couple years.

This dude belongs in the NFL. I can't believe there isn't more uproar over this. He's a really good player.

• Downvote 7

This dude belongs in the NFL. I can't believe there isn't more uproar over this. He's a really good player.

Maybe teams just aren't interested because he is a tweener who not only isn't a viable 3-down pass-rusher, but also can't perform an ounce of coverage either?

Edited by Chernobyl426

Maybe teams just aren't interested because he is a tweener who not only isn't a viable 3-down pass-rusher, but also can't perform an ounce of coverage either?

Or ran a 5.w/e in the 40 yard dash during the veteran combine. But no, Chern, its totally because he's gay.

Yeah I don't get the fuss over the gay thing, there are already gay players in the NFL. Michael Sam isn't in the NFL because he isn't good.

• Upvote 1

Bware please tell me this is trolling.

"Really good player" lmao, Bware is the master not only of hyperbole, but inaccurate hyperbole.

The dude will be lucky to ever sniff an NFL roster again. Bwurr, pls.

If Michael Sam is a good player....

picgifs-wut-confused-6907032.gif

Edited by ATL

Maybe he can develop while in the CFL and maybe produce there and get another shot. Yea he's a tweener but he should be able to find himself a bit in Canada. If not he can at least make some money there.

Free agent DE Michael Sam said he's going to try "one more shot" at the NFL.

Finding a team to give Sam that "one more shot" is going to be the difficult part. Sam has a diva attitude off the field and isn't very good on it. The former seventh-round pick of the Rams didn't make it out of final cuts after he was drafted in 2014 and quit the CFL's Montreal Alouettes twice in a two-month span. He said he wasn't getting better as a player in Canada. The NFL isn't a developmental league. Sam's "career" is kaput.

He's clearly had some serious issues to work out. I hope he gets another shot and makes the most of it, but I can't say I'd be surprised if he didn't.

Unless his diva attitude was showing up at Rams training camp, they really should have kept him in the first place. He more than earned it on the field. :shrug: He's doing himself no favors at this point and it's time to give it up and pursue activism. Give speeches. That kind of shit. It's better for him, physically, anyway.

Unless his diva attitude was showing up at Rams training camp, they really should have kept him in the first place. He more than earned it on the field. :shrug: He's doing himself no favors at this point and it's time to give it up and pursue activism. Give speeches. That kind of shit. It's better for him, physically, anyway.

What makes you say that, exactly?

What makes you say that, exactly?

Because in the limited pre-season snaps he was given he was a force and more than showed roster worthiness as a pass rusher.