FartWaffles

Another 49er retiring...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000495822/article/anthony-davis-of-san-francisco-49ers-retires

Anthony Davis of San Francisco 49ers retires

Yet another key starter for the San Francisco 49ers has decided to hang up his cleats.

Right tackle Anthony Davis surprisingly announced his retirement from football on Friday.

A statement released by Davis reads as follows:

"After a few years of thought, I've decided it will be best for me to take a year or so away from the NFL. This will be a time for me to allow my Brain and Body a chance to heal. I know many won't understand my decision, that's ok.

"I hope you too have the courage to live your life how you planned it when day dreaming to yourself growing up. Your Life is Your dream and you have the power to control that dream. I'm simply doing what's best for my body as well as my mental health at this time in my life."

Man it's gotta be rough being a 49ers fan right now... Willis, Borland, Justin Smith, and now Anthony Davis. Wow.

• Upvote 1

Nobody wants to play in a stadium called field of jeans. I'm sorry, but I'd be embarassed.

Nobody wants to play in a stadium called field of jeans. I'm sorry, but I'd be embarassed.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

I am the dog in my avatar.

• Upvote 2

I'm pretty sure it's their slogan for the stadium. Either way, it's pretty dumb.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000208423/article/levis-applies-for-field-of-jeans-trademark-on-stadium

The only thing that's dumb is if you seriously think this is happening because of a nickname for the 49ers stadium. Just saying.

• Upvote 2

The only thing that's dumb is if you seriously think this is happening because of a nickname for the 49ers stadium. Just saying.

And the other thing that's dumb is you actually falling for the troll post, lol. I wasn't even serious.

Per Rotoworld.com:

"Retired" 49ers RT Anthony Davis tweeted Friday that he plans to return to football "in a year or so."
The Niners will maintain Davis' rights, and his contract will be "tolled" during his time away. "I'll be 26 or 27 years old," tweeted Davis, referring to his planned return to football. "I'm taking this time to allow my Brain and Body time to heal and recoup." Davis is currently under contract through 2019. He'll be under contract through 2020 after sitting out 2015. Jun 5 - 9:26 PM

And the other thing that's dumb is you actually falling for the troll post, lol. I wasn't even serious.

"I was just kidding, guise."

• Upvote 1

49ers third-year FS Eric Reid said he contemplated retirement in the offseason due to concussion concerns.

It's the same reason teammates ILB Chris Borland and RT Anthony Davis hung up the cleats. "I will continue to evaluate my own situation," Reid said. "If I have another concussion and I don’t feel like I can play any more, then I won’t. If I [have another concussion], and if I feel that I still can play, then I will. It’s just a case-by-case basis." Reid missed Week 17 last season with a concussion.

What is your deal?

Jesus Christ this team.

Well the fact he is a jags fan.....

Well the fact he is a jags fan.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeS3VeluAmg

Seriously if Eric Reid retired I might be done with them and go the Cherry route.

Rams need a #2. :smug:

Hell naw.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5608/anthony-davis

"Retired" RT Anthony Davis tweeted that he'll file for reinstatement "later this year."

"I'll be filing for reinstatement to the NFL later this year," Davis tweeted Friday. "Dealing with [GM] Trent [baalke} is giving me a headache." Baalke has been in contact with Davis this offseason and has said the team will welcome him back for the final five years of his contract. It'll be a big boost to the offense after Erik Pears was forced to take over right tackle for the 49ers last year. Davis is still just 26 and should return to being one of the game's top right tackles.

File for reinstatement and head to the other side of the Bay :Raiders:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

:rog:

MMQB's Peter King reports the 49ers are looking to trade "retired" RT Anthony Davis and SS Antoine Bethea.

Davis announced earlier this month he will apply for reinstatement, but he also said, "Dealing with [GM] Trent [baalke} is giving me a headache." The comment was thought to be in jest at the time, but perhaps the relationship between Davis and Baalke has fractured, a running theme during Baalke's tenure. No matter the circumstances, acquiring draft picks for a 31-year-old safety and an already once-retired tackle could prove the best option for a team in the depths of what could be a long rebuild.
Source: MMQB

At what point to 9ers brass realize Baalke is a long-standing problem

• Upvote 1

I'd love to see Tennessee try making a play for Anthony Davis.

49ers OT Anthony Davis announced his retirement from the NFL after six seasons.

Well, that was quick. Davis retired before the 2015 season, spent the entire year away from the game, but came back to the 49ers this summer. He played three snaps Week 1 but had been sidelined the past two weeks with a concussion. The 49ers will move forward with Trenton Brown at right tackle. Davis was the No. 11 overall pick in 2010 and turns 27 in two weeks.