Piggly Wiggly

New banner in Lucas Oil...

:wah:

:ooo:

:mjlaugh:

Division Champs usually gets a banner though, or atleast for a lot of teams. You make a good point being they lost the AFC Title game that usually means a team did better than just division champs but it's just corny to make a banner for losing the AFC Title game one year :lol: That 16-0 regular season record when everyone knows you lost the Super Bowl is a corny banner too though for sure :yep:

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

Division Champions banner just means they lost before getting to the Conference Finals. That's dumb compared to a banner for losing in the Conference Finals.

maybe they decided they have too many AFC South champs banners, or realized how little that means given the competition

• Upvote 1

are they gonna hang up a 2014 Super Bowl Finalist banner too now?

wouldn't that be NFC Champion?

:rofl: @ Lions banner.

LoLions

Did Sporting News really equate making it to the AFC Championship Game to mediocrity? Really?

Division Champions banner just means they lost before getting to the Conference Finals. That's dumb compared to a banner for losing in the Conference Finals.

I disagree. Teams put banners up for everything they win. Division, Conference, and Super Bowl. I don't think the Packers have any banners, at least I've never seen them cuz there's no dome to hang them from. But it's the same as T-shirts and Hats being sold when a team wins the division. It's the team celebrating their first major victory in the season. The regular season is a battle for your division. The playoffs are a battle for the conference. And the super bowl is a battle for the league title. Each one is an accomplishment (albeit a small step) toward the final battle.

If the original pic is real and not shopped I think that's kinda dumb lol. You don't put a banner when you lose, just what you won. It should just be 2014 Division champions.