CampinWithaMissingPerson

Eric Berry looking good, recovery headed in right direction

Chiefs coach Andy Reid provided an update on safety Eric Berry’s medical status late last month when he said that Berry was waiting to sit down with doctors to find out how his fight against Hodgkin lymphoma stands after he completed his treatments.

Reid said that all the word thus far has been promising and that the feeling is that Berry is “heading in the right direction.” Reid followed up this week to say that Berry had yet to have that follow-up meeting, but one of his teammates shared a non-medical opinion about the safety.

Tight end Travis Kelce helped out at a football camp Berry held recently and said, via the Kansas City Star, that his teammate looked “really good, trust me” while working at his football camp recently. Kelce said he didn’t see Berry taking part in any physical activity during the camp, but that the safety was completely engaged in the operation.

There won’t be any update on Berry’s football future until he meets with the doctors to plot out next steps, but the words from Reid and Kelce are certainly promising about his overall condition. Hopefully that means Berry can get back on the field at some point this year and resume what’s been an excellent career to this point.

source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/14/travis-kelce-eric-berry-looks-really-good/

Good news :yep:

• Upvote 2

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5623/eric-berry

Chiefs SS Eric Berry (lymphoma) is cancer-free and will practice with the team at training camp Wednesday.

What an awesome bit of news to end the night on a good note after it was revealed star NT Dontari Poe (back surgery) would miss all of camp and much of the season. Berry was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma in December after complaining of chest discomfort. He was immediately sent for treatment and has beaten cancer. The Chiefs now have four capable safeties in Berry, Tyvon Branch, Husain Abdullah and Ron Parker. Parker can also play corner.

:megusta:

How can you not be rooting for Eric Berry this year? I hope the Chiefs suck but I'd love to see Berry play good football.

• Upvote 1

Glad to hear Berry is coming back. I hope he balls out. Favorite defensive player to ever play at Tennessee.

This is awesome. We have some nice safeties in this league, but it isn't the greatest position of strength so we need Berry healthy.