Sign in to follow this  
Sarge

Marriage Equality Ruling

I've reversed on marijuana recently. We need more studies that actually are able to measure its impact. It may be even more cancer-causing than cigarettes, for starters.

Before we legalize it for recreational usage, we need a lot more actual facts about it.

Have had this bookmark for quite a while. Super long read, but if you have time. The individual articles that it links to are fascinating as well, but the synopsis is good enough.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/08/23/20-medical-studies-that-prove-cannabis-can-cure-cancer/

Then again, you can probably find links to studies that it causes cancer too. It's hard to tell what's legit and what is politics.

Honestly, "causes cancer" isn't a reason to make it illegal IMO. Drugs should only be illegal when they can't be expected to be used in a way that doesn't completely ruin the lives of the users and the people around them. While there are obviously people that use pot way too much, using it responsibly is relatively common. I can't imagine many people use heroin in a similar fashion.

:yep: Alcohol and tobacco are both tried and true proven killers, yet they're two of the biggest economic industries on our planet.

Edited by theMileHighGuy
  • Upvote 2

I've reversed on marijuana recently. We need more studies that actually are able to measure its impact. It may be even more cancer-causing than cigarettes, for starters.

Before we legalize it for recreational usage, we need a lot more actual facts about it.

I've read that a lot of the harmful chemicals in cigarettes are merely from chemical reactions when the tobacco burns. The companies put their own twist into it, but I've read that it's a similar case when smoking marijuana.

I think marijuana is one of those things that doesn't affect people enough to the point where I think the government should ban it. Stuff like PCP? Yeah, that's a justifiable ban. We can't trust people to be responsible with it. However, if we can trust people with alcohol then I really don't think marijuana is an issue.