Sign in to follow this  
CampinWithaMissingPerson

President Obama and "The Wire" creator David Simon talk drugs and America

I mean, it's nice to see the biggest political figurehead in the world acknowledge the fact that the war on drugs is complete and utter failure...at least as far as what it's SUPPOSED to accomplishing. We KNOW for a fact that the government has trafficked drugs into the country, so I kind of doubt that they want to make anyone safer. It's well documented, not a 'conspiracy theory' that the government has been trying to anesthetize and marginalize the working class and middle class population

Once again as with everything, Obama says nothing and remains a tool of the establishment. All he's done is extend most Bush policies, like the Patriot Act, pass a health care bill that favors insurance companies and fucks the insured and now he wants to pass the most unconstitutional, most devastating 'free trade agreement' in the history of the world. He's going to go down as the worst president we've ever had until the next guy who comes into office feeds us to the wolves even more than he has.

I mean, it's nice to see the biggest political figurehead in the world acknowledge the fact that the war on drugs is complete and utter failure...at least as far as what it's SUPPOSED to accomplishing. We KNOW for a fact that the government has trafficked drugs into the country, so I kind of doubt that they want to make anyone safer. It's well documented, not a 'conspiracy theory' that the government has been trying to anesthetize and marginalize the working class and middle class population

Once again as with everything, Obama says nothing and remains a tool of the establishment. All he's done is extend most Bush policies, like the Patriot Act, pass a health care bill that favors insurance companies and fucks the insured and now he wants to pass the most unconstitutional, most devastating 'free trade agreement' in the history of the world. He's going to go down as the worst president we've ever had until the next guy who comes into office feeds us to the wolves even more than he has.

• Upvote 1

Mind explaining the free trade agreement comment? I'm not too well-informed on the whole thing, but it surely can't be that bad? :think:

Look up the TPP.

Just for starters, you can be fined or jailed for downloading copyrighted stuff on the internet because ISPs can be forced by the government to watch your connection for copyrighted content.

Individual corporations can sue governments for anything that might affect their "future profit margins." Canada was already sued by a US company for $500 million.

Edited by Thanatos19

I don't believe that the TPP exists. Even if it did, it's not going to get passed. We are controlled as it is. If it did get passed, it will then become public knowledge, and when we do learn about it, might as well admit Civil War 2 is going to happen.....

• Downvote 1

You... don't believe it exists.

There have been multiple speeches in congress by senators and representatives talking about this. They were debating whether to give the President the authority to fast-track it- pass it without Congress looking through it.

Why do you think it doesn't exist, lol? Do you think the congressional representatives, the media, and the White House are just making up its existence?

• Upvote 1

Mind explaining the free trade agreement comment? I'm not too well-informed on the whole thing, but it surely can't be that bad? :think:

It's nothing more than a euphemism. What it means is that not just in our country but across many countries across the world, the law quite simply does not apply in any fashion to a corporation if it impedes "expected" future profits.

Will admit I was never informed on this bill, regardless, it supposedly has a very small chance of passing.

http://www.latintimes.com/what-tpp-4-reasons-why-obama-trying-pass-trans-pacific-partnership-322294

It's all but gauranteed to pass. They've been worked on it for years and it's pretty much just an extension of other free trade agreements that have been passed that have sent jobs over seas because they can pretty much use slave labor in the countries they build their industries in.

Will admit I was never informed on this bill, regardless, it supposedly has a very small chance of passing.

http://www.latintimes.com/what-tpp-4-reasons-why-obama-trying-pass-trans-pacific-partnership-322294

It has massive support in the House and the Senate, because the corporations are trying to shove it down our throats.

There is a very high chance the TPP will pass.

It's okay if you are uninformed on a subject, but don't turn around and act like you know what you're talking about when you don't.

Edited by Thanatos19

It has massive support in the House and the Senate, because the corporations are trying to shove it down our throats.

There is a very high chance the TPP will pass.

It's okay if you are uninformed on a subject, but don't turn around and act like you know what you're talking about when you don't.

Send me a link to an article from a legit source that says the bill has a very high chance to pass. Edited by Spartan Havoc

Send me a link to an article from a legit source that says the bill has a very high chance to pass.

Um... okay. How about the New York Times?: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/24/us/politics/senate-vote-on-trade-bill.html?smid=tw-bna&_r=0

The Senate passed a measure in late June allowing fast track of the bill, which means it cannot be filibustered or amended. All it takes now is a simple majority. The Republicans really want this bill through.

And guess what? They have a majority in both Houses. A few Repubs are defecting, but last time they tried this, 13 Dems voted with them.

Edited by Thanatos19