Vin

[Official] 2015 TGP Auction League

Same with the standard league. Last year's participants will get first dibs, then I'll open it to the general populace afterwards.

No restrictions for joining this league. You can be in whatever league and still join.

We'll start out with 10 participants, and if we get enough for 12 (which I'd like), that's what we'll roll with.

Setup:

10 teams (will expand this out if we get more interest.) 4 team playoff (contingent on how many participants there are)

4 points per passing TD, 6 points per rushing TD. 1 PPR. Roster sizes/scoring can be tweaked if there's something you want to see changed.

For those unfamiliar with Auction-style drafts:

Auction drafts are based on a bidding format and differ considerably from traditional "snake" live drafts. In those drafts, teams take turns drafting players from a fixed order in a back-and-forth serpentine or "snake" format (ie 1-10, 10-1, 1-10, 10-1, etc). Players disappear from the draft board and teams (waiting for their draft turn) can do nothing about it. In Auction drafts, teams have the chance to draft any player they want, as long as they have the available funds. As such, the likes of Peyton Manning and Chris Johnson could be drafted by the same team, which would rarely happen in a Snake draft simply because both players are so early and close to one another in the snake draft ranking order.

Leagues which use Auction to draft are setup with a preset budget ($200) to spend on a set number of players (16-man roster). Free Standard and Prize-Eligible leagues will have preset default auction values assigned to all players in the pool. Custom leagues have the option to edit the player default auction values to be loaded in the draft application prior to the draft start. This page can be access via the "Edit Auction Draft Values" link on the main "My Team" page.

Once a player is nominated for auction, the bidding begins. Team owners are free to bid however much they feel that particular player is worth (the preset value is only a guide). Bidding continues until there is a single remaining high bid (at which time the system will alert all bidders by saying "Going Once, Going Twice, Sold"). The player is awarded to the team of the highest bidder, and the bid amount is deducted from the team owner's available funds. This process repeats until every team's roster is completely filled.

When the draft is finished the league will move into "in-season" mode where teams can start making roster moves, waiver claims, trades, etc. Please note that auction salaries do not, in any way, carry over into "in-season" mode. As such there is no advantage in finishing the draft with any remaining budget.

2014 Participants:

1. Vin

2. Oochymp

3. Thanatos

4. Bay

5. Arz

6. Blue (Champ)

7. Cuda

8. MHG

9. Ben

10. Air.

2015 Participants:

1. Vin

2. Blue

3. Thanatos

4. Air

5. Oochymp

6. MHG

7. F4E

8. Fart

9. Bay

10. Campin

11. Bangy

12. ATL/Cherry

Edited by Vin

AmrkdOa.gif

Edited by BLUE
  • Upvote 1

I'll do it again.

Hopefully this time I don't pay a ton for Adrian Peterson only to get 1 week of play out of him :shifty:

I'd like to get in on this if there's someone from last year that doesn't stay in.

I will not be participating this year. Someone can move in for me.

jsYGiHo.gif

I'll try not to spend 3/4 of my money on 3 players that play terribly this year.

Edited by theMileHighGuy

Need two more, including Fart.

:yes:

Who else wants in on this?

I'll be back in

So we've got 12, depending on which of ATL/Cherry joins.

Now, for the draft. Does something like Saturday, August 29th, at 7 or 8 PM eastern work for people? Would like it to be earlier than usual so Bangy can make it and not have it be at like 4 AM his time.

I'll take that last spot :smug:

Damn, I was going to try this this year. :(

You can have the spot I took if you want.

You can have the spot I took if you want.

Nah, I don't want to take anyone's spot unless they didn't really want to do it in the first place.

So we've got 12, depending on which of ATL/Cherry joins.

Now, for the draft. Does something like Saturday, August 29th, at 7 or 8 PM eastern work for people? Would like it to be earlier than usual so Bangy can make it and not have it be at like 4 AM his time.

Honestly I'm not sure, right now it'd have to be 8 for me because i get off work at 7. But I'm not sure if I'm gonna be working these hours on the 8/29 because that's close to September which means season is upon us not just football season but snowbirds from up north that flood our economy and roads so schedules change :yep: But as of right now I could do 8 pm .

If it's a Saturday then times not too much of a matter, what 8pm your time is 12-1 for me? If so I'm happy with that.

Need the following people's emails so I can send invites:

F4E

Fart

Campin

Also gonna need Cherry and ATL to Thunderdome for the last spot. (and the winner to give me their email)

Edited by Vin