Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

It just keeps happening

And the officer didn't identify this until his weapon was already drawn. The argument isn't invalid. The officer has no idea what he is walking into. After realizing the dog is on a chain he should've deescalated the situation though.

Police officers aren't robots. When a dog is running at them it takes a moment to identify the situation and handle it appropriately.

Why are you so afraid of that officer having his gun out to defend himself? A cop can't wait until the situation is over to draw his weapon and defend himself. The man didn't pull his gun out and start putting shots into the dog, he simply pulled it to defend himself if need be.

And the officer didn't identify this until his weapon was already drawn. The argument isn't invalid. The officer has no idea what he is walking into. After realizing the dog is on a chain he should've deescalated the situation though.

Police officers aren't robots. When a dog is running at them it takes a moment to identify the situation and handle it appropriately.

Why are you so afraid of that officer having his gun out to defend himself? A cop can't wait until the situation is over to draw his weapon and defend himself. The man didn't pull his gun out and start putting shots into the dog, he simply pulled it to defend himself if need be.

Because a gun is made to kill, nobody should be so willing to kill another human or domesticated animal with the ease the police seem to have.

• Upvote 1

The officer stated in his sworn testimony that he was not afraid of the dog.

Your primary instinct should not be to reach for a lethal deterrent.

Lmao he said he wasn't afraid of the dog? Dude nearly jumped out his fucking clothes trying to back up.

He did say he wasn't afraid of the dog, that fear was not a motivating factor in his intent to shoot the dog. He said all WV cops are trained to shoot any dog who approaches them, (this is a lie, according to several other WV cops that have commented since), and that is why he was going to shoot.

Not because he thought he was in danger, not because he thought the dog was a threat, but merely because someone had told him to do so. Blindly following orders is not an excuse to commit an inhumane act either.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like he has no idea what to say out of fear for getting fired for that shit.

OR. And bear with me here.

He is just a complete fucking scumbag who let the power get to his head and thinks he can do whatever the shit he wants and get away with it.

• Upvote 1

OR. And bear with me here.

He is just a complete fucking scumbag who let the power get to his head and thinks he can do whatever the shit he wants and get away with it.

As are all cops, apparently. Every one of them is a disgusting pigfucker who wants to assert their dominance over everything that breathes. Right?

As are all cops, apparently. Every one of them is a disgusting pigfucker who wants to assert their dominance over everything that breathes. Right?

Now you're getting it. But also don't kinkshame.

Edited by RazorStar
  • Upvote 1

So I can't say any single cop is a disgusting pigfucker who wants to asserts his/her dominance over everything that breathes without you claiming that I am applying that brush to all cops?

You're ridiculous Chern. I can't believe anyone would defend this piece of shit.

So I can't say any single cop is a disgusting pigfucker who wants to asserts his/her dominance over everything that breathes without you claiming that I am applying that brush to all cops?

You're ridiculous Chern. I can't believe anyone would defend this piece of shit.

You're looking at the exception as the rule. What gives you reason to believe this guy is just trying to assert himself over everything that he runs across?

I already said I'm not defending the guy. He made a huge fucking mistake taking the chick to the ground. I think the issue started when he didn't put the gun away after identifying the situation. You think it occurred the second he pulled the gun.

Edited by Chernobyl426

He was literally going to shoot the dog if the chick didn't get inbetween him and the animal. Yet you think this guy isn't hungry with power.

You assume he is hungry with power just cause he pulls his gun when a dog runs at him barking and he nearly falls over trying to get away. Too incompetent to handle a gun? Maybe. Hungry with power? I don't think there is enough evidence to show it. Him taking the chick to the ground could've simply been out of fear of the situation. Was it the right move? Fuck no. But this guy was already fucking spooked by what had started popping off. Now if we see this guy remain a cop and continue to do shit like this? Sure, give the ol power hungry argument. Until then he's just incompetent and spooked too easy.

• Downvote 1

You assume he is hungry with power just cause he pulls his gun when a dog runs at him barking and he nearly falls over trying to get away. Too incompetent to handle a gun? Maybe. Hungry with power? I don't think there is enough evidence to show it. Him taking the chick to the ground could've simply been out of fear of the situation. Was it the right move? Fuck no. But this guy was already fucking spooked by what had started popping off. Now if we see this guy remain a cop and continue to do shit like this? Sure, give the ol power hungry argument. Until then he's just incompetent and spooked too easy.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for someone armed with a gun who can literally take your rights (and life) away at any moment with little to no repercussions.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for someone armed with a gun who can literally take your rights (and life) away at any moment with little to no repercussions.

Which is why I'm not supporting the guys actions the second he takes the woman to the ground. We do need stricter rules around becoming an officer if you get to carry a gun. The training right now is way too barebones. The guy seems to be unfit for a high pressure job like that.

Should be using that juicy military budget for the homeland :yep: