FartWaffles

Super Bowl 50 prediction

:Packers: > :Steelers:

SB XLV rematch, and A-Rod gets ring #2.

What I want to happen:

:Broncos: < :Eagles: because I would love to hand Pey Pey a Super Bowl L

What I think is much more likely

:Broncos: < :Packers:

I think the Broncos are the most talented team in the AFC right now with all the flux happening in New England this off season, but their QB IS one of the most notorious chokers in league history so you never know. I just expect Rodgers to win another ring here soon like Steven said.

Please tell me someone else sees the humor there.

LOL +1

SUPERBOWL 45 REMATCH

:Packers: vs :Steelers:

Packers win again

Edited by WeaponX20

Oh, my bad. Lol. I just did a quick scan of the first page and I saw the Giants.

Truth be told, Giants could end up being pretty good next year. Pairing Cruz up with OBJ for a full season, so long as Eli continues playing how he did last year makes for a pretty scary passing attack. They made a serious upgrade at defensive coordinator with Spagnuolo, combine that with what I expect to be a ton of regression from the EAgles and some slight regression from the Cowboys, a 10 win-ish season isn't outlandish and we've seen what Coughlin an Eli can do in the playoffs.

Truth be told, Giants could end up being pretty good next year. Pairing Cruz up with OBJ for a full season, so long as Eli continues playing how he did last year makes for a pretty scary passing attack. They made a serious upgrade at defensive coordinator with Spagnuolo, combine that with what I expect to be a ton of regression from the EAgles and some slight regression from the Cowboys, a 10 win-ish season isn't outlandish and we've seen what Coughlin an Eli can do in the playoffs.

You're forgetting the most important reason: its 2015.

Time for a Patriots/Giants rematch with Eli advancing to 3-0 against Brady.

:Ravens: < :Cardinals:

I always like the Ravens chances. For years in my opinion, they've been one of the most fundamentally balanced teams on both sides of the ball. And one thing that I can say about the Ravens, they play ALL the good teams tough. I've been talking good about the Cardinals chances for over 2 seasons now and predicted them to win the West last year. If Palmer wasn't hurt, they would have more than likely got it. And who knows how far they would have gone playoff wise. I really love what they are doing over there.

Other superbowls that would be fun to watch in my opinion:

:Colts: and :Packers:

:Patriots: and :Packers:

I really like the Colts and Packers but their defenses are soft and suspect even considering how great their QB's are; especially Aaron Rodgers.

Edited by Dutch

:Chargers: > :Packers:

Thoughts: I'm always quietly optimistic that this could be our year, not this year. I'm calling it now. Last season in SD, one last big hurrah. :smug:

NFC is a toss up. NFC East is a jumbled mess but they have my two favorites in Dallas and Philly, BUT they will probably beat each other up. Not sold on Green Bay at all, defensively. But with Rodgers they are always a safe bet to make some noise.

Five weeks in, and I'm kinda hoping for this...

:Cardinals: vs. :Bengals:

Carson Palmer against his old team and the QB that succeeded him would be interesting. Clearly this scenario would need Marvin Lewis to win some playoff games, so this likely will never happen. :laugh:

Ben coming back and leading the Steelers to the SB against the Cardinals would be better, imo.

-Arians was forced to "retire" by the Rooneys, ends up an actually good HC playing his former team.

-Todd Haley is now on the other sideline. Woodley is a Cardinal.

-Palmer gets a shot at revenge for the '05 Wildcard knee injury.

-Fitz and the other vets get a rematch of '08.

-James Harrison is likely to retire, would be cool to see him ride off with another ring.

• Upvote 1

I'm really late but even still, 5 weeks into the season here's what I want. Matchups that involve the Packers:

:Packers: vs :Patriots:

:Packers: vs :Bengals:

:Packers: vs :Chargers:

:Packers: vs :Steelers:

Other matchups that would be fun to watch if we don't make it.

:Patriots: vs :Cowboys: This would be a fun game to watch but I don't think I could pick a winner.

:Steelers: vs :Cowboys: / :Cardinals: Classic teams going at it, otherwise rematch from a couple years ago

:Bengals: vs :Cardinals: Two teams who never won it, one will win it for the first time. But who??!?!

Edited by badgers

The season is long and arduous, Charles. Don't give up hope just yet.

If Packers can get HFA, it's over. If not, it's anyone's to take.

Both of my team pucks suck.

:Broncos: > :Cardinals:

picking now I'd have to say

:Patriots: v. :Packers:

still looks like the most likely outcome

If Packers can get HFA, it's over. If not, it's anyone's to take.

To me as it stands at this moment as it stands there are only 4 or 5 elite teams depending on Roethlisberger's health. If the Pack can play half decent defense though idt anyone will stop them. Just have a feeling. Only team that could is the Pats and just please God no.

Dom Capers has been a lot more aggressive so far and it's worked wonders (again, so far). It also helps that Clay is playing a lot of ILB and actually being extremely efficient rushing the passer from that ILB spot. Also helps that our young rookie CBs are playing so well right now. Gonna be interesting to see if that changes over the course of the season. A lot of times rookies will kinda hit a wall as their bodies aren't used to the elongated NFL season (relative to the length of the college year)...I mean the defense is completely responsible for 2 of our 5 wins already. Packers always allow themselves to play down to 3 or 4 teams a year though.... How we respond to those letdown losses will tell me a lot as to how serious we are as contenders.