Sign in to follow this  
CampinWithaMissingPerson

Braxton Miller moving to H-back for his senior season

Ohio State graduate Braxton Miller told SI's Pete Thamel he is moving to H-back for the 2015 season.
The H-back is described as a hybrid receiver position. Another way to explain it: think of Aaron Hernandez's role in Urban Meyer's offense. Miller adds he will also focus on punt return, with 20% of his practice time spent at quarterback. Many other reporters have passed along buzz since the news broke, including Braxton's shoulder might not have healed to his liking, speeding up the position switch process. Expect to see Miller lined up all around Ohio State's formation.
Jul 23 - 10:06 PM

Soooo... they say H-back and I hope that means some handing it off to him and letting him run because like Denard Robinson I think Brax has some skill when it comes to running with the ball in his hands. Moving him completely to WR might be a mistake if he's not great at adjusting to the ball I dunno if he can or can't haven't seen so who knows. But I think if they feature him more so in a RB type role it's for the better. :yep:

H-backs can definitely get carries, but you don't see it very often. They usually line up as a fullback, and transition to a tight end. James Casey and Kyle Juszczyk are better examples than Aaron Hernandez IMO.

I think it's a good move for Braxton. I agree with you that he should get some carries to relieve Elliott from time to time.

Edited by FartWaffles

Nah fuck dat man. Give the rock to my boy Bri'onte Dunn.

Braxton could have pretty much transferred anywhere and started at QB. Must really be more interested in an NFL future than anything else.

Braxton could have pretty much transferred anywhere and started at QB. Must really be more interested in an NFL future than anything else.

Pretty much this. Although Braxton is currently listed at 215lbs. If he is truly making the transition to h-back, he's going to need to put on about thirty-to-forty more pounds if he plans on having an NFL future.

Edited by FartWaffles

His shoulder is shot still, he can't throw.

Even still,. he could never make it as a QB in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

Miller doesn't have much future in the NFL anyways. He is too fragile to play anything. He may get a shot as a returner somewhere. But I don't he makes it out of a camp on a NFL roster.

Pretty sure he'll be playing a similar role to Jalin Marshall and Curtis Samuel. He needs to bulk up, but he has the athleticism to be a pretty good receiver.

Miller gonna see plenty of reps week 1 now